Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: April Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    This just in two days ago.

Completes my Constructicons MOC and also my 1985 TFs MIB/MOC. This means 1984 to 1985 has been completed MIB/MOC.

Hey HD, is there an ASSORT # on the bottom right of that card (next to the bubble)... I can't see one.

It looks MOSC to me
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Got my MOSC Micromasters from Jgon yesterday, so nice. Only bummer thing is some of the wheels have rust on them and some with white powder (which Hursticon alluded to electrolosis)

I will post some pictures tonite when I get home after I takes them out

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hey HD, is there an ASSORT # on the bottom right of that card (next to the bubble)... I can't see one.

It looks MOSC to me
    Yeah, he does look a little MOSC, but he isn't. The bubbles are actually not firmly attached to the card, in fact, I think the glue so dried up that the bubbles just detached themselves from the card without causing any tears or damage to the card (which is really great).

I'll check assortment number when I get home tonight. Do you suspect anything suspicious with the piece?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Yeah, he does look a little MOSC, but he isn't. The bubbles are actually not firmly attached to the card, in fact, I think the glue so dried up that the bubbles just detached themselves from the card without causing any tears or damage to the card (which is really great).

I'll check assortment number when I get home tonight. Do you suspect anything suspicious with the piece?
    Unfortunately yes. The Constructicons were recently KO'd on individual cards (as opposed to the giftset that we all know about) and the main difference between those and authentic G1 carded Constructicons (including the Chinese reissues) is the absence of the ASST number on the front of the card.

See here for more info.

The glue used to secure the bubble to the cardback has also been known to 'dry-up' causing the bubble to lift.

I'm fairly certain that the one you have is the recent KO. I hope it isn't
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Got the Shanghai Showdown set today (Tuesday), plus two Battle Chargers (Megatron, Stealth Bbee), so that I could use a $20-off voucher (for over $100 purchase)
    Where do you find these vouchers from? I've searched the net and found nothing!

I've also signed up today..... hopefully something will come as a welcome?

It was on a purchase receipt from when I bought Shadow Command Megatron the week before. It had the condition of requiring a purchase of at least $100 of regular priced items, and expired on the 6th. When I used it on the 6th, I got another one on that docket, but still had the same expiry date, so appeared to be a limited time offer with no explination of how it was earnt.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Unfortunately yes. The Constructicons were recently KO'd on individual cards (as opposed to the giftset that we all know about) and the main difference between those and authentic G1 carded Constructicons (including the Chinese reissues) is the absence of the ASST number on the front of the card.

See here for more info.

The glue used to secure the bubble to the cardback has also been known to 'dry-up' causing the bubble to lift.

I'm fairly certain that the one you have is the recent KO. I hope it isn't
    Hmmm... I suspect that you may be onto something. I thought it slightly odd that the bubble did not fit Hook correctly and that's not something that should happen because I had a Hook when young and it was fine.

(would be a b*tch if it were KO, since that would set me back re completion of G1 1985, damn!).

Talking

Finally another 2 Decepticons to add to my Classics/Universe 2.0 ranks, bringing my collection up to 296 - getting ever so close to that Golden 300 count.

Courtesy of a Bloke on eBay - Decepticons Skyfall and Stormcloud:

Joining his comrades for this next shot, Darkwind:

Picked these up today.

The two leaders and free Recon ravage thanks to the current Toys'R'Us sale
    Was a little dissapointed that my Toys'R'Us didnt have leader Ultra Magnus and that Countdown didnt count towards the sale but thankfully it was only $50 and not the $100 that they were marked on the shelves.
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

Man I hope you didnt get ripped off on that Constructicon there HD, those bl#*@y KO people, if I get my hands on them