Page 158 of 380 FirstFirst ... 138148153154155156157158159160161162163168178 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3798

Thread: The Action Pose Thread

thanks for the comments guys. You guys are MUCH nicer then the "people" over at TFW2005.. bunch of jerks. Got nothing but negative comments, no constructive criticism or anything else, just how ugly it is and basically telling me I shouldnt try this again.
    I didnt have Kup at the time. I just got him yesterday. I was looking for how to improve it, so thanks to you liegeprime for your suggestions. I just threw it together over the weekend and used what I had. But I do agree the arms/hands do look scary. haha.
    Thanks MindsetOVerhaul. Ive gotten a few comments about the legs. They are my favorite parts as well.
    I have since took it apart. All those negative comments from the other place brought me down. They really are vicious over there...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    *snip*
    Good to see Scourge getting out and about Goki!

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    So I was thinking about combiners/gestalts over the weekend and thought the car bots should get a combiner. So I started to mess around with my United TFs and came up with this. He still needs a head though. What do you think? I know the arms/hands arent ideal...

*snip*
    That has some rather interesting potential VGM.
    • I agree with Mindset that the use of Drift and Blurr for the legs is simply genius and pull of a really cool aesthetic
    • Liege is spot on too about using Wheeljack and Tracks for the arms as he is slightly lean on the Torso side of things and if you don't happen to use Kup maybe you could use one of the 'Lambo Twins' - Sunstreaker or Sideswipe as they've got a bit of bulk to 'em!
    • Lol I have to agree with Paul on the Puzzler reference because if you can manage to paint them accordingly I think you'd have an incredibly unique custom dude.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this guy man, as for a head? - How about Tidalwaves?

thanks for the comments guys. You guys are MUCH nicer then the "people" over at TFW2005.. bunch of jerks. Got nothing but negative comments, no constructive criticism or anything else, just how ugly it is and basically telling me I shouldnt try this again.
    I didnt have Kup at the time. I just got him yesterday. I was looking for how to improve it, so thanks to you liegeprime for your suggestions. I just threw it together over the weekend and used what I had. But I do agree the arms/hands do look scary. haha.
    Thanks MindsetOVerhaul. Ive gotten a few comments about the legs. They are my favorite parts as well.
    I have since took it apart. All those negative comments from the other place brought me down. They really are vicious over there...
    Hey no probs... we like to foster creativity here..... vicious ei? I think that's an understatement , keep us updated on this project. Ive always wanted to see a gestalt of the Autobots since I saw that episode when they faked Menasor in G1. Then when its done we can all think of names to suggest for this new behemoth Im quite intrigued how you attached them together... very creative on the legs!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

liegeprime, that episode was wicked! masquerade!(?) too many hilarious moments to derail this thread with.

as for head suggestions; i love a fresh bash and will happily donate either universe dropshot, cybertron quickmix or RID buildking to your project if you go through with it. quickmix and buildking are probably the right size whereas dropshot is maybe a bit small. VMG, if you get stuck for donor heads drop me a PM

bowspearer Guest

I think the big problem you have are the upper arms. What you really should look at is keeping them in vehicle mode and building some arm/shoulder kibble. As it stands those upper arms simply don't look right- partly because they don't match and partly because they don't work on their own as articulated arms (no classics deluxe figure is likely to tbh as they haven't been designed to be).

That said, with some bulk on the chest as well, the idea has real potential, keep it up .

So I was thinking about combiners/gestalts over the weekend and thought the car bots should get a combiner. So I started to mess around with my United TFs and came up with this. He still needs a head though. What do you think? I know the arms/hands arent ideal...
    I have to agree with the others, the legs are brilliantly done, some vry nice thinking outside the box. I wouldn't expect that you'll have any classics that would make good arms as mentioned above but at the same time I never would have thought you would find anything suitable for legs.

Keep up the great work, and keep us posted. for a torso I'd suggest moving towards a voyager size, which is either prime or magnus I guess. that would provide more bulk. unless you could use the ultra hardhead.

there's a little headmaster potential there too.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

And here I thought you were going to use gravity effects, like tacking the scene background to the ceiling, having the "ground" hang off it at 90 degrees, and suspend the toys from the ceiling with thin black thread which would be completely concealed from the front (underneath) when the photo was taken.

I like It!!! You could always add a chest shield to add bulk or maybe a 6th vehicle to fit over Tracks. I think if your worried about the arms being a bit vague you could just get some large hands from somewhere (like on every other g1 combiner)
    As it is atm, it kinda reminds me of Gobots monstrous (talking about arms only) where the arms could be separated at the elbows to form 2 sets of pincers per arm. Looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

Universe Optimus Primal (or "Rodimus Primal" in the Gokiverse) monkeying around.