Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: aucbay on eBay = Douche

I don't see the issue personally.

As Verno said he's a very niche seller out to make a profit by shipping very small and reasonably scarce parts. Basic economic theory dictates that he sets his prices by the rarity of the item, and given the context it would seem wise to go for the most secure postage method.

At the end of the day no one is forcing you to buy from him. As much as I understand that shopping around for a cheaper price isn't too much of an option, he's not performing a public service.

i agree on this ebay seller-way too expensive postage prices! i have messaged him several times about this and didn't even get a reply! that was probably a good thing judging by his replies to you! such a shame as there are some great figures,parts and junkers available-but not at that postage price!

I mean if we all pooled together and made the biggest purchase ever from him, the postage might be worth it.

But I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I mean if we all pooled together and made the biggest purchase ever from him, the postage might be worth it.
    This would be the only justification for a purchase from a seller like this - a big group order. If they've been scammed by a few bad apples from overseas, I think they should eliminate international shipping altogether. It just creates hassles and I can't imagine they'd make much money selling to non U.S customers.

Wonder how therawhyde is still managing to send stuff first class international..

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post

Wonder how therawhyde is still managing to send stuff first class international..
    He prolly has not much bad buyers . Even though he never responds to pms consistently, you never get a bad vibe that your gonna get gipped.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Sadly it continues:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-...item53d4779395

While I'd be more than happy to shell out $5 for the only piece of RID Megatron I'm missing, the postage cost of $36.50 is practically highway robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    While I'd be more than happy to shell out $5 for the only piece of RID Megatron I'm missing, the postage cost of $36.50 is practically highway robbery.
    I whole heartedly agree with you there Paul,

Whilst the Dollar is enjoying near Parity with the Greenback, I continue to find that anything from the states via eBay proves to be fruitless with regard to Sellers overly inflated Postage costs.
    I still find that postage from the UK is leaps and bounds more appropriate and hence draws me to English auctions far more than US ones.

Personally I think Robot Kingdom is absolutely loving the High Aussie Dollar at the moment, they made a killing yesterday with just my purchases.

Sadly it continues:

BAHAHHAHAA XD

Wow this seller really is an ass...

Sadly it continues:

This seller has simply chosen USPS Express as their method (believed by many to be a requirement for PayPal seller protection) and has let eBay automatically do the calculations based on a weight of 1lb. along with a handling fee of $3. While he probably could have entered a weight below .5lb, this would only have reduced the price to the Express minimum of $31.95.

It's unfortunate, but necessary for sellers to cover themselves by using that expensive shipping rate (provided they do actually use it). If not, they may have trouble meeting the conditions for Paypal coverage.
    It's been raised several times now, but people have to realise that as long as the seller uses that shipping rate, the seller doesn't have a choice if they want to cover their own asses with Paypal's requirements.