Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: January stuff

Been a long while... some stuff I got this month, all lumped together...

Got 2 Scourges. Plan to get at least 7 of these (since there were Sweeps #6 and #7... heh)

G1 acquisitions here in G1 thread.
    Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 15th January 2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: pics

My pick ups from during the week

From jaydisc via krayt

Predakiing reissue, sons of cybertron, protector and crossfire

Windcharger and galvatron from jimoinj, mudlap from sharky and the legends from toys r us and bigw
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The copyright stampage is the same on both Hasbro and Takara versions. Back in 2000 I compared my Takara verison with someone else's Hasbro version side by side and it was really hard to see any differences between the two. But apparently, "missiles and sword "rounded off" to better conform with United States safety laws and has a less "glossy" sheen"

The box is the best way to tell. If you got your Magmatron loose w/o the box then it's pretty hard to tell. If you're really curious to know, lemme know and I'll bring my Takara Magmatron to the next meet and we can compare it with yours.
    Hmm...
    Yeah, I thought my eyes would probably let me down
    Well, he indeed is loose but is in exceptional condition so he does look 'glossy' to me and comparing his missiles to the 'quoted as Neo' pics here on Seibertron.com, I'm assuming he's the Neo version.

At the end of the day I'm not too fussed really whether he is Hasbro or Takara because he's an awesome figure and clearly belongs in the Japanese Beast Wars continuity as opposed to the U.S. Beast Machines continuity - Of which he is apparently a Maximal!?!
    I might bring him up to the fair, pending confirmation, for the hell of it so if you want to bring yours Goki, that'd be appreciated all the same dude.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

Got 2 Scourges. Plan to get at least 7 of these (since there were Sweeps #6 and #7... heh)

*snip*

Indeed Heroic!
    It has been quite quiet from you lately, but you still swing in with some envious acquisitions though!
    (So jealous of those Scourges! )

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    My pick ups from during the week

From jaydisc via krayt
    *snip*
    Predakiing reissue, sons of cybertron, protector and crossfire

*snip*
    Windcharger and galvatron from jimoinj, mudlap from sharky and the legends from toys r us and bigw
    Damn Swoop!
    That's a mightily impressive haul there man!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Indeed Heroic!
    It has been quite quiet from you lately, but you still swing in with some envious acquisitions though!
    (So jealous of those Scourges! )
    haha... yea, I have been quiet on the boards in terms of acquisitions. I actually get one or a couple of toys every 2-3 days, but many of them are the newer releases so I didn't take the extra effort to photograph them until I have a bunch on the table.

I actually also acquired the entire United Wave 1 (and 2?) - about 10 figures in any case, but not photographed them. Also have Generations Grapple MISB (not the loose ones floating online), but not photographed either.

BTW, don't you guys think it strange the almost immediately on release, there are loose Grapples floating around online? I see so many loose ones in HK, in the same week as the boxed version is released - like there will be 5 loose ones in one shop alone selling for HK$120 when the boxed version is selling for HK$300 in the same shop.

"Why wouldnt the shop owner keep the darn things in the box and sell it for twice rather than open it up and sell it for half the price?"

Bugged me to hell. I got to the bottom of it and apparently the loose ones you see, especially so soon as to be almost hand in hand with the actual release, are pieces that have been stolen from the factory before they could be packed. That's all hearsay, but it does sound plausible.

So from my perspective, I won't buy these loose ones, which really, are all over HK. Don't want to support dodgy practices.

time to update your showcase thread , want to see how well they fit in with the henkeis. Interested in the heights as well
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Shadow Scyther - just gotta get off my arse and upgrade SG Rodimus now.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Default oops

haha... yea, I have been quiet on the boards in terms of acquisitions. I actually get one or a couple of toys every 2-3 days, but many of them are the newer releases so I didn't take the extra effort to photograph them until I have a bunch on the table.

I actually also acquired the entire United Wave 1 (and 2?) - about 10 figures in any case, but not photographed them. Also have Generations Grapple MISB (not the loose ones floating online), but not photographed either.

BTW, don't you guys think it strange the almost immediately on release, there are loose Grapples floating around online? I see so many loose ones in HK, in the same week as the boxed version is released - like there will be 5 loose ones in one shop alone selling for HK$120 when the boxed version is selling for HK$300 in the same shop.

"Why wouldnt the shop owner keep the darn things in the box and sell it for twice rather than open it up and sell it for half the price?"

Bugged me to hell. I got to the bottom of it and apparently the loose ones you see, especially so soon as to be almost hand in hand with the actual release, are pieces that have been stolen from the factory before they could be packed. That's all hearsay, but it does sound plausible.

So from my perspective, I won't buy these loose ones, which really, are all over HK. Don't want to support dodgy practices.
    i got one of those loose grapples from Yahobby.com. I assumed it was simply a demo fig when ordering it(@$25USD) but at the time i had only been collecting tformer toys for a few weeks, so was a noob.

by the time it arrived i was a bit more switched on and when unpacking the box(there was a few other items in this order as well) i had little doubt that he were stolen from the factory...... for starters he has no stickers..... which might not have been that noticable if it werent for the fact that the line of toys hes in's whole gimmick is the stickers!!!!!

Cool toy though. My first exposure to the mold. Just won an auction for the Botcon Pyro repaint(@$47au) and am considering getting Inferno..... mostly cause his pal red alert looks lonely..... but i can wait for a cheap loose one to pop up on the bay of e.

Course i musnt have very high toy buying morals since i placed a second order with yahobby.com which includes a $17 loose bonzai-tron...... oh well sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    time to update your showcase thread , want to see how well they fit in with the henkeis. Interested in the heights as well
    will try to update that thread this weekend (it's not my thread tho, its meant for everyone to show their Henkei/United stuff... cos I think its one of the most awesome lines since G1!)

My First real grabbing for this year

Generations - Thunderwing
    Generations - SkullGrin
    Generations - Cliffjumper x 2
    AA - Rescue Ratchet
    AA - Axor
    AA - Mudflap & Skids v Sideways
    AA - Bumblebee vs Thrust
    IDW Ironhide TPB
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy