I continue dislike the comments on 90's animation - labelling it bad or crappy, as one must take these 90's shows and put it into a factual context.
The animation is not bad at all because of the fact that at the time, with the knowledge and resources that studios had - what they managed to produce was the best they could've possibly done, therefore, animation in the 90's must be considered nothing but a stepping stone because without it, you simply would not have the pretty pictures that we all enjoy today.

Now...

The below footage:

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
New footage with much better rendering.
That Tober kindly sourced, is much more in line with what really should be used to advertise the show.
I have no idea who, in the marketing department at Hasbro or the Hub, would rubber stamp that other footage as it is clearly Test or Animatic footage.
Somebody needs their G1 Stampers set taken off them!

I agree that it might be a little too clean, but that seems to be the way most Kids cartoons seem to be going, since they're never outside anyway - they wouldn't know what dirty is , but the animation reminds me of 'Sunny with a Chance of Meatballs'.
(A great movie by the way, I recommend it Highly )

All in all, the show is looking to be quite interesting.
I still have reservations about the Artistic Direction, but seeing the short bits that we have - I feel that the Animators abilities to convey the story, which I hope will be good, is well and truly in capable hands.
My only concern now? - The voice work , listen to Cliffjumper's (Dwane 'The Sell-Out' Johnson) War Cry at the end of the clip, you'll know what I mean.