Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else just not care anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One good thing about now new TF purchases atm... I can put money aside for when Encore Devastator comes out (supposedly end of this month).
    Ahh... good to see you're on board with Encore Devastator Couldn't resist those big, black, muscular forearms eh Gotta love cartoon accuracy
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Ahh... good to see you're on board with Encore Devastator Couldn't resist those big, black, muscular forearms eh Gotta love cartoon accuracy
    Well, prototype toy accuracy really, but it works as show likeness too (as obviously the cartoon colours were based on the prototype colours ) -- same deal as eHobby Astrotrain, only this time prototype/show colour Devastator is gonna be a regular retail release and not a limited exclusive. Another advantage is that it ought to help differentiate it from KOs with purple arms (at least until some schmuck decides to counterfeit this reissue with black arms *sigh* ).

My 1985 G1 Constructicons are pretty well worn out after 26 years of being well loved. Getting reissues will let me 'retire' them as display pieces, and I get a minty new set of Constructicons to play with! I also get all those little guns and stuff which I've lost... and at a cheaper price than hunting down the originals. And of course I'd be showing my support to TakaraTOMY in giving us more new reissues (i.e. reissues of G1 toys that haven't been reissued in the past decade or so). I got Encore Bruticus for the same reason (shame about the QA issues on that set - but of course that mould had been overused by HasTak in G2 and CR/RiD -- Devastator shouldn't have that problem/excuse <knock.on.wood>).

I'd happily get any other G1 gestalt reissue for that same reason really. Hopefully Devvie will sell well and encourage TOMY to consider reissuing more; Defensor, Superion, Menasor (sure would make loophole happy ), Computron, Abominus, LIOKAISER, Road Caesar etc etc. Monstructor needs to be reissued too - like without that stupid brittle gold plastic. Then mebbe they could do an eHobby exclusive DinoKing (although having to manufacture different shells for each set might be a disincentive -- maybe TOMY could reissue Dinoking for their market and later Hasbro could reissue Monstructor for their market... although knowing Hasbro, they'd release Monstructor with the dino shells instead of reissuing the Monster shells )

They also need to reissue Sixwing again... but in G1 colours. I still can't believe they only reissued this toy in Decepticon colours and unpainted white^Verserker colours. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Beast Machines was stale, with about 30 toys released in the year, and shelfwarming for years afterward. The last 4 years of the new Movies is definitely the opposite of stale. It might be the same main characters and forms for the last few years, boring many fans, but Hasbro profits (and Transformers being their largest earner for the last 5 years) would give them no reason to change anything.
    Beast Machines was not a (money) winning formula, so they changed their direction, axing the line and cancelling Transtech... bringing in Vehicles from the JP Car Robots line.
    Movie Universe on the other hand, is a (money) winning formula... and what business that wants to stay in business is going to change, or walk away from a winning formula.
    We certainly aren't their meal ticket, so they're just gonna keep producing product for the kiddies and parents who are, no matter how repetitious it is.
    I guess that a better term for 'it' would be boring and uninspired.

And to think that Beast Wars was - IMO - prematurely axed to make way for Beast Machines. One of many great decisions from the then newly appointed head honcho.

One of many great decisions from the then newly appointed head honcho.
    I don't like that person; that person should run, run away and never return!

And to think that Beast Wars was - IMO - prematurely axed to make way for Beast Machines. One of many great decisions from the then newly appointed head honcho.
    Is that true? I don't know if that's true. He was in charge from 2000 which would've been well after they started planning Beast Machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Is that true? I don't know if that's true. He was in charge from 2000 which would've been well after they started planning Beast Machines.
    I am not sure about when Archer was promoted to his current title but a lot of the BM toy designs (and latter BW TM2 designs) do share several of his 'design style' queues.

It is possible that during that era he was already in a position of influence in the line.

My opinion: The movie and its toy lines definitely cut me. I talk with passion about transformers but the movie just makes me cringe. After seeing TF Animated and the TF Prime series it was evident to me that Hasbro has brilliant writers as much as they do artists and designers.

The movie was definitely a money making scheme. If you read enough articles you may notice critics saying that the TF movies are deemed as one of the worst movies to make the most money. I'm inclined to sit on the same side of the fence as they are.

That said, I'm glad they made the movie because at least i saw TF in movie form. I'm glad they made money because at least they can continue to develop other TF lines. and I'm glad the movie was crap because my wallet thanked me whilst i saved up for the subsequent line

To quit transformers all together? I dont think i can. There are too many good things the line has produced (and are currently developing) . There's too much og a good feeling that they give me when i hold a figure or re-watch the series.

I didnt care much for the movie ... but i still care about TFs
    Last edited by kristofferrer; 14th November 2011 at 11:09 AM.
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Beast Machines was already underway (so had been at least 18 months in development before that) before Archer took on the lead role of Hasbro Transformers Design. And even still, that wouldn't high enough to make a management/corporate decision to move from one style/series (Beast Wars) to another (Beast Machines). He was obviously able to convince the higher ups to take on the Unicron trilogy idea of his, but only his more recent position would be able to dictate what series starts and ends... and even external forces (the creation of the HUB) forced an end to Animated so that the new channel had a new TF series.
    According the the tfwiki article link, and from my own recollections of his Hasbro title at the last 6 or 7 BotCons, he's been promoted through several management levels just about every second year... and I think it was the tail end of the Unicron Trilogy that he was high enough to have some say or power in the direction of future TFs series/toylines (outside of the Movie & the HUB decision).
    The creation of Beast Machines as a series would not have been one of them, as he was just one of the team of regular toy designers at that stage.

So just to get back on topic: Does anyone care about collecting TF's any more? I've been very picky with the DOTM figures, preferring the cybverse line over the main line but I haven't looked at any of those in awhile.

I'm actually getting into the whole customising a bit more. I was looking around last night and found a whole tub of figures that I wanted to customise but I might just sell them off. This is supposed to be hobby but man it's becoming more of a chore :/