Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 30th April 2012, 12:15 AM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,192
Default

Well, I know someone who is sitting pretty at the moment.
Still, looks like this hobby will continue it's expensive nature well into the foreseeable future.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 30th April 2012, 12:47 AM
Doubledealer's Avatar
Doubledealer Doubledealer is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 14th Nov 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 2,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
Wait until July, got to San diego.

Wait until july. Spend money on Ebay
Cheers Tets. eBizzle it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Well, I know someone who is sitting pretty at the moment.
Still, looks like this hobby will continue it's expensive nature well into the foreseeable future.
Haha, as soon as I saw that Voyager Soundwave I thought to myself Hursti is going to be one happy chappy. He looks pretty beefcake, looks to have some pretty awesome play value too. Always a good thing!

Some very cool things on show at this years SDCC, something for everyone I think. I wonder if the Combaticons will be sold individually as well as in a "gift set" like in the G1 golden days. Would be really nice to display a set of them MOSC (plus I really want Vortex to get his own packaging!). What do you bots think?

The huge head packaging for Terrorcon Cliffjumper is so cool...will look great sitting atop the Prime collection cabinet.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 30th April 2012, 01:10 AM
Hursticon's Avatar
Hursticon Hursticon is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Mar 2010
Location: Dapto
Posts: 12,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
Haha, as soon as I saw that Voyager Soundwave I thought to myself Hursti is going to be one happy chappy. He looks pretty beefcake, looks to have some pretty awesome play value too. Always a good thing!
Hehe, you thought right dude; He's different enough from the WFC release for me to be all over him, especially considering he's a Voyager with a cool reinterpreted gimmick! - Minion Data-Disks FTW!

Quote:
Some very cool things on show at this years SDCC, something for everyone I think. I wonder if the Combaticons will be sold individually as well as in a "gift set" like in the G1 golden days. Would be really nice to display a set of them MOSC (plus I really want Vortex to get his own packaging!). What do you bots think?
I think it'd be cool to see them get a Giftset release, perhaps as a store exclusive?; Unfortunately though I don't think it'll come to pass but it's not like it's an unset president, there was the PowerCore combiner 5-packs but they've already stated that FoC Bruticus will see an individual component release comprising an entire wave.
(Now, to see how they handle the case assortments )

Quote:
The huge head packaging for Terrorcon Cliffjumper is so cool...will look great sitting atop the Prime collection cabinet.
It is indeed rather cool, you'll like these then :

Some new pics in from TFW2005.com, Hasbro has updated their display cabinets on the Botcon Floor once again!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 30th April 2012, 01:12 AM
optimus1's Avatar
optimus1 optimus1 is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 28th Feb 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,288
Default

Ooohh so much news!
A pity that some of the main reveals are for TF Prime
I prefer the Generations line....
Kreo's seem to improved! I'm liking the Booster packs of generic 'Bots and 'Cons Like the nameless seeker clones! I'm also really tempted by the Prime v Megs Kreo set
The new Soundwave is just a bigger version of the Deluxe (bigger and with a new hat...I mean Lazerbeak)
The FOC line is still so, so....will have to wait to see them in person. But not Shockwave! He's a must buy!

Hopefully we get some more reveals at the next Comic-con/Toy convention
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 30th April 2012, 01:24 AM
Doubledealer's Avatar
Doubledealer Doubledealer is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 14th Nov 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 2,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
...they've already stated that FoC Bruticus will see an individual component release comprising an entire wave.
Really? Woohoo! Drooling at the latest pics now, that Prime is going to be hard to pass if it shows up locally...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 30th April 2012, 10:15 AM
snaketales's Avatar
snaketales snaketales is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 2nd May 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 2,180
Default

Guess I'll be repainting the general release Combaticons.....
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 30th April 2012, 10:17 AM
griffin griffin is offline
Rank 10 - Admin
 
Join Date: 24th May 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 22,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
Not surprised. I have grown to expect silly moves like this from Hasbro. Kids and collectors are going to want the game accurate version and as an exclusive, collectors may have access but what about the kids?

I suspect they have artificially created a shelf warmer by not learning about past mistakes in regards to such colors.
Since it was raised, I went in and asked them about it...

The main reasons:
- Bright coloured Store versions - "pop out" to parents and young kids more, who will buy more units than the older gamers or dedicated collectors, in ANY colour.
- SDCC gives Hasbro the opportunity to get the game-colours to fans early in some fashion, even if it was a limited release. Otherwise, options are limited until a late wave redeco, or a store exclusive down the track.

Here's hoping they don't sell out at SDCC, so that we can get some from the Hasbro online store to avoid paying ebay scalpers.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 30th April 2012, 10:22 AM
kup's Avatar
kup kup is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 28th Dec 2007
Location: NSW
Posts: 13,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Since it was raised, I went in and asked them about it...
Wow, thank you very much. It is good when real questions about brand decisions are asked instead of 'happy neutral' ones.

Quote:
The main reasons:
- Bright coloured Store versions - "pop out" to parents and young kids more, who will buy more units than the older gamers or dedicated collectors, in ANY colour.
This first point has been a tactic that's been failing since the 80s. Brightly colors have always ended up shelf warming. Nobody wants them, not even kids. The stores seem to be demanding this despite a decades history of shelf warming toys that 'popped out' for the wrong reasons. I guess it works for Hasbro since their job is done as soon as the stores buy the stock and that's what they want.

Quote:
- SDCC gives Hasbro the opportunity to get the game-colours to fans early in some fashion, even if it was a limited release. Otherwise, options are limited until a late wave redeco, or a store exclusive down the track.

Here's hoping they don't sell out at SDCC, so that we can get some from the Hasbro online store to avoid paying ebay scalpers.
Sadly this works for the US market but doesn't really work for us as we'll be stock with the lame retail version. At least there will be plenty to go around
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 30th April 2012, 10:28 AM
5FDP's Avatar
5FDP 5FDP is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 24th Nov 2009
Location: 1984
Posts: 7,100
Default

Boo Hasbro for making FoC giftset Bruticus an SDCC exclusive only If anyone does want one get in early otherwise you're going to be paying through the nose.

A guy who sits next to me at work is connected with people associated with the SDCC therefore I have a better chance than some securing this set. Fingers crossed...
__________________
Incoming Acquisition[s]:
N/A
Scouting For:
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]


Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 30th April 2012, 12:49 PM
Meangreen's Avatar
Meangreen Meangreen is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 5th Sep 2009
Location: Dunedin, NZ
Posts: 256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
This first point has been a tactic that's been failing since the 80s. Brightly colors have always ended up shelf warming. Nobody wants them, not even kids. The stores seem to be demanding this despite a decades history of shelf warming toys that 'popped out' for the wrong reasons. I guess it works for Hasbro since their job is done as soon as the stores buy the stock and that's what they want.
I feel the need to add a little on to what Kup has to say:

I could follow hasbro's first argument here if the whole lot of FOC generations had a more fluro aesthetic. If Optimus Prime had a more vivid red and electric blue scheme would that not help him sell better to parents and children as well? I think whoever is responsible for the colour choice we're getting must be quite concerned with the sales results of these figure to want to hit them with inaccurate day-glo colours in order to make them sell well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.