Page 94 of 120 FirstFirst ... 74848990919293949596979899104114 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

I never realised that the same person voiced Gen1 Scorponok AND Fortress Maximus (Stephen Keener).
    It's rare that major rivals are voiced by the same person, as it would be difficult to do lines so aggressively at yourself (as opposed to just general conversation between allies like Cullen doing Optimus and Ironhide in the original cartoon).

Scott McNeil.

Any time Rattrap, Dinobot and/or Silvebolt argued with each other or if either character fought Waspinator.

I don't remember if this was posted here as news two years ago when it was first found (I didn't want to waste time searching), but there was a second standby comic issue done up based on a cartoon episode... but unlike Big Broadcast of 2006, this one didn't end up being needed (produced just in case they were running late for the month's deadline, just needing a quick splash of colour - which is a lot of work to not be needed, and probably annoying to the artists who never saw it in the hands of fans).
    The episode was Dweller from the Depths (the one about the vampire monster released from the centre of Cybertron), and three pages of the black-and-white inks was found in 2015 from the Marvel artist Dave Hunt.

which is a lot of work to not be needed, and probably annoying to the artists who never saw it in the hands of fans
    I doubt it's annoying to the artist who got paid. Marvel did these "inventory stories" all the time in the 70s and 80s and it gives the low ranking artist some extra expierence. Some ended up being printed in other books if they didn't (or couldn't) get used in the main title. They are usually pretty rubbish and inconsequential.

Fire Convoy/RID Optimus Prime's torso is ridiculously easy to open open. Just two screws below the armpits.

Overall Fire Convoy is a better toy that RID OP but one flaw with Fire Convoy is that the chrome is far more susceptible to chipping. My Fire Convoy has suffered from a really badly scratched up chest, and in 2002 I bought RiD OP. While RiD OP has a nice shiny chrome chest, the rest of the colours on the toy are inferior to FC's (not to mention those stupid split tyres thanks to Hasbro's choice of cheap rubber). Today I opened both toys up and swapped their chest plates, so now my Fire Convoy has a new shiny chrome chest with the rest of the figure sporting superior colours to RID OP.

Kinda tempted to see if anyone has a junker RID OP torso for me to salvage the chest plate from. I just need the chrome to be in good nick and couldn't care less about the rest of the figure. Hhmmm...

Marvel TF comic book creator surnames I’ve been getting wrong for 30 years!

Legendary Tf creator Bob Budiansky is pronounced boo-dee-ANN-skee
    Artist Herb Trimpe is TRIM-pee
    Writer Jim Salicrup I got right: SAL-i-krupp
    Letter Jim Massara is ma-SAR-a
    Editor Ralph Macchio (no relation to the Karate Kid) is MA-kee-o

Rearranging my collection, I discovered that MP Ravage has a nose bit that folds out to fill in the gap in the face. Always thought it looked weird but never looked into it further until I realised my YOTG version had the nose filled out

I didn't know about "Trimpe" being "Trim-pee," but the others seem obvious to me. Although as a kid I used to mispronounce Budiansky as "Bud-DAN-skee." Of course, I used to mispronounce Grotusque as "Grow-tuss-kew" and Kylie Minogue was Kylie "Minnow-gew."

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Rearranging my collection, I discovered that MP Ravage has a nose bit that folds out to fill in the gap in the face. Always thought it looked weird but never looked into it further until I realised my YOTG version had the nose filled out
    It certainly looks lot better with the nose folded out.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

The Dinobot Enigma is actually designed to slot into the open T-Rex maw on Volcanicus' chest.