View Poll Results: Have/Will you be ordering Unicron?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I haven't and wont be

22 33.33%
  • I haven't but will be

3 4.55%
  • Undecided

7 10.61%
  • I've ordered 1

28 42.42%
  • I've ordered 2

6 9.09%
  • I've ordered 3+

0 0%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Will you be buying Unicron?

Default Poll: Will you be buying Unicron?

Full credit should go to MayzaPrime for this as it was his idea

ARE YOU ORDERING UNICRON?

With 16 days to go, the current numbers for people who have preordered Unicron sit at 2562 backers, according to the Hasbro Pulse website. Pretty short of the 8000 that is apparently required by August 31st. This means they need to get an average of 340 orders a day between now and the end of the month.

Of course, many are speculating that there could be a big rush at the end as people decide they want this figure after all. Others have suggested that maybe the numbers will get 'accidentally' fudged so that it appears 8000 have ordered, or even that the deadline might be extended, thereby giving Hasbro Pulse the opportunity to avoid both embarrassment and/or a fan backlash.

At any rate, it would be interesting to know how many Ozformer members have ordered this figure. You can either vote anonymously or otherwise vote and tell us what you personally are doing in regards to this big toy

Personally I had given up on getting Unicron, but when I saw the deal they had going at ZING I preordered one for myself

I was going to get one somehow, but when the zing pre-order came up I jumped on it. theres still a small voice in the back of my head telling me to order two, I try not to listen to that voice.

It's looking like there are going to be some nice features with the maw opening and closing, the face being replaceable with a battle damaged version, the head being removable, the teeth can be retracted so you can't see them in his mouth. I really do hope they go ahead with it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The number of backers on the Pulse site is misleading as it does not include international orders. Ì was always going to source one and thankfully Zing decided to import it. I think that decision will see a lot of Aussie collectors grab it now. I'm confident it will get made.

Probably gonna put my deposit on in the next week or so. I have birthday funds to use, which is nice.

Payments before 2021 shouldn’t be too hard.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I was going to get one somehow, but when the zing pre-order came up I jumped on it. theres still a small voice in the back of my head telling me to order two, I try not to listen to that voice.

It's looking like there are going to be some nice features with the maw opening and closing, the face being replaceable with a battle damaged version, the head being removable, the teeth can be retracted so you can't see them in his mouth. I really do hope they go ahead with it.
    Misleading and everyone still can't see passed the numbers on there

It’s a no from me haha. My collection is Jazz and the Autobots, Unicron is neither of those so not a good fit.
    He looks cool and I appreciate the cartoon accuracy, but that’s it.

People buying more than one: why? Do you normally buy multiples or is this a one off?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    People buying more than one: why? Do you normally buy multiples or is this a one off?
    Its a figure that is equally as impressive/imposing in both modes, and so I think I'd want to display both modes.
    I don't normally buy multiples, but as I mostly have masterpieces the various repaints allow for display of molds in both modes that way
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I mostly buy doubles - one to display, one to keep sealed. So decided this was worth getting two.

Since Hasbro are apparently going to add international orders to Hasbro Pulse at some point I'm pretty confident they will either reach 8000 legitimately or they will just fudge it and say it made the 8000 mark.

It would be rather embarrassing for Hasbro to not just have Cookie Monster fail but also have Unicron fail.

It’s a no from me haha. My collection is Jazz and the Autobots, Unicron is neither of those so not a good fit.
    He looks cool and I appreciate the cartoon accuracy, but that’s it.
    But... Jazz was inside Unicron in the movie. Surely that accounts for something?

What if... they added bonus items of mini figurines of the characters that were running around inside Unicron at the end of the movie, which included Jazz... would you buy it then, just to have the Jazz complete with it's "bonus" Unicron figure?