Page 162 of 183 FirstFirst ... 142152157158159160161162163164165166167172182 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Are you referring to the Seacons sets? They are pricey for what they are

It is just not the seacons
    The Unite Warriors sets were definitely marked up.
    Also the latest iteration of Predaking.

Titan Devi i get as he is 6 voyager models.

People are putting a premium on Volcanicus and Abominus which is crazy

Unite Warriors was a premium Takara Tomy line, not standard western retail figures. Predaking was Titan Class like Devastator, not Voyagers or Deluxes. Also, the secondary market is the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Unite Warriors was a premium Takara Tomy line, not standard western retail figures. Predaking was Titan Class like Devastator, not Voyagers or Deluxes. Also, the secondary market is the secondary market.
    Lol just having a vent.

The biggest problem I have is the secondary market.

Honestly, it does seem like aftermarket prices for Abominus and Volcanicus are pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    The biggest problem I have is the secondary market.
    I unsurprisingly don't experience this problem. #FOMOlyfe

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Each Earthrise toy comes with a piece of a map of the Transformers Universe (not sure which universe or what it covers), and you need to get all of the Earthrise toys to get the full map... and it must be a big impressive map since there are likely to be about 50 Earthrise toys. (unless there are only a small number of parts, with each part released with several different toys)

Now, as good as it might be for some people to have re-released Siege toys in the Earthrise toyline if they couldn't find them during Siege's release, but what about those people who managed to get most or all of the Siege toys... they now have to re-buy several Siege toys if they want to complete the full map (if every toy has a different piece of the map).
    Or what about the people who aren't completists, or can't afford to be, but end up getting most of the map and can't complete it.

At least with the Cybertron build-a-map, it was only four parts, with one part released with each wave of toys. (and I really hope this is the same this time... if anyone has any info on that, from their first Earthrise toys, let me know)
    After having a look at the Earthrise packaging at Melbourne Toyfair, I noticed that any of the toys that are on card (Micromaster and Battlemaster), you need to cut the map piece out of the middle of the card, while the Deluxe and Voyagers (and probably leaders too), need to be cut out of the inner insert. Since I keep the packaging, and don't want to cut any of it up, I don't need to worry anymore about the two toys I wouldn't be buying, as I won't be trying to collect the entire map now.
    Also... seeing online the 12 parts released so far, the map isn't really anything I'm that interested in now either, as it is a rather boring assortment of lines and random names.
    So, thanks to those who offered to help out, but I'm not wanting this "map" at all, to waste time and effort chasing up 50-60 parts of it.

I’ve noticed that the map that comes with one of my Earthrise wave 1 deluxes (sorry, can’t remember which one) has “Dead Universe”, on it, same as Sky Linx. So maybe there are double ups and not all toys need to be obtained for a complete map.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I’ve noticed that the map that comes with one of my Earthrise wave 1 deluxes (sorry, can’t remember which one) has “Dead Universe”, on it, same as Sky Linx. So maybe there are double ups and not all toys need to be obtained for a complete map.
    Potentially could be random?

At any rate, I'll be hanging on to all the Earthrise cards/packaging and give to whoever collects them. Close friends will get first priority so please don't message me. I shall offer what's leftover on here and only charge postage.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    People who have read the IDW comics, have said that there are several entry points to the Dead Universe, which is probably the case with this map as the two parts that have Dead Universe on them so far, are not identical.

This topic on TFW has had all of the parts posted up and pieced together, and in post #3 you can see the map piece for Cliffjumper has the Dead Universe words has a red map line going through it, while the Skylynx map part (at post #65 of the same topic) has a red map line at an angle on the right side of the words.

Another way to build the map might be for people to contribute scans, then just do your own colour print outs. Would be one way of building the map without mutilating packaging.