Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Harmony Gold files lawsuit over SDCC Jetfire

If Harmony Gold can do this then FFS Hasbro and TakaraTomy need to get off their arses and do the same to every third party Transformer rip off and knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Yup would support it, should dump the Valkrie design, it belongs to macross and it wasn't what was shown in cartoons. A mp of this would be a fresh take on it.

If I recalled correctly his name was Skyfire not Jetfire?

Anywho, curse HG, will never buy their stuff.
    Jetfire was the name of the toy and character in the western markets. As a result of the legalities between companies, Japan never received the toy and it wasn't able to be promoted directly on the show etc. Renaming him Skyfire and modifying his appearance in the cartoon was Hasbro's way of getting a big transforming white jet with red thrusters promoted to the masses without the legal hassles.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well....I think is time they release the correct toy and name for it.
    Is kind of sad really.

Was bad with the whole gun toy of Megatron in Australia, did you guys manage to get Megatron? as in G1 or mp version?

This'll likely just end up in an out of court settlement ; I would, however, like to see Hasbro Legal squash this flea of a company and in the process free-up the IP rights for someone who'll actually do something with it.

I don't want Hasbro "Acquiring" the rights to Robotech/Macross, as I don't think it's an IP that Hasbro really has room for in its stable or could really handle correctly - I think if the rights were to fall into Bandai of America's lap it'd be the best for every interested party.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    If Harmony Gold can do this then FFS Hasbro and TakaraTomy need to get off their arses and do the same to every third party Transformer rip off and knockoff.
    that's the difference between a license holder in the US against someone in the US, and a licence holder in the US against someone in japan/china/another country. as far as I understand international copyright is an entirely different kettle of fish and extremely expensive to follow up, especially if your not holding international copyright in a specific country.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I've never heard of these guys before. I wonder why they never sued Hasbro over Classics Jetfire. Seems to me like if they have a problem with a GI Joe toy with a back pack in it they should have had a problem with Classics Jetfire also.

Hasbro said several Bot-cons ago that they were going to bring the hammer down on the 3rd party guys like Fan Project. Nothing ever came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I've never heard of these guys before. I wonder why they never sued Hasbro over Classics Jetfire.
    Apparently that was cleared, and apparently this was not.

Pretty big distinction.

Might simply be a Hasbro oversight, but its certainly possible that however hated Harmony Gold might be, they may also be in the right and required to protect their IP.

Harmony gargles hairy balls.

I really hope I win the GI Joe lottery for the right to purchase. Looks like none will be going to hasbrotoyshop for sale then if they have to have a lucky draw

I have the first crossover with starscream, and that mold is just awesome.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Nah. No one wants them to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Well....I think is time they release the correct toy and name for it.
    Is kind of sad really.

Was bad with the whole gun toy of Megatron in Australia, did you guys manage to get Megatron? as in G1 or mp version?
    If you want a Megatron, MP or G1, it's actually very easy to get one in Australia. You can even do so legally for very little effort
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Nah. No one wants them to do that.
    Agreed, that's just crazy talk.