Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334353637384353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

I only got to the forth Doctor in that game, so went back just to kill myself to see the others.
    The weeping angels were the tricky bit.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The weeping angels were the tricky bit.
    Yeah, It took me 3 lives to realise facing them doesn't stop them moving.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

10 minutes 49 seconds!!

Yeah, I'm a hardcore gamer

It was a bit of fun though, glad Google did it. REally looking forward to tomorrow too!

It was nice to see a (tiny) little more of Paul McGann.

All this just makes it sooo confusing....

So now there are two incarnations of the Doctor that don't use up a regeneration?
    That's like cheating.
    Between 8th and 9th we have John Hurt's "War Doctor", and between 12th and 13th we have the Valeyard. But neither of them use up a regeneration just because they don't want to use the name "Doctor".
    Or does this really mean that Hurt's Doctor is now retconning the numbers, making Hurt number 9, Eccleston number 10, Tennant as number 11, Smith as number 12, and Peter Capaldi as number 13? And what of the Valeyard? He was real, not a ghost like the Watcher... so surely he's the 13th Doctor, and Capaldi is actually the 14th?

They should have made out that Hurt's "Doctor" WAS the Valeyard, which would have been between Smith and Capaldi, and made it the correct numbers and order of the Doctors in the end.
    Moffat's creation of the War Doctor has messed up the chronology of the Doctor's regenerations... just for the benefit of one episode. And I thought he was a fan, so should have worked that out better, instead of retconning what already existed.

I hope there are some other diehard DW fans out there trying to figure it out to force Moffat to sort it out... or maybe something in tomorrow's episode will make some sense of it.

Speaking of tomorrow - from the commercial on TV, could tomorrow's episode be loosely referred to as "The 4 Doctors", as it will include 8 (Hurt), 11 (Tennant), 12 (Smith), 13 (Capaldi).... but not all four at the same time though.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Speaking of tomorrow - from the commercial on TV, could tomorrow's episode be loosely referred to as "The 4 Doctors", as it will include 8 (Hurt), 11 (Tennant), 12 (Smith), 13 (Capaldi).... but not all four at the same time though.
    Capaldi isn't in tomorrow's Ep dude, his debut is this year's Xmas special.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Yeah, It took me 3 lives to realise facing them doesn't stop them moving.
    Isnt there only one? You cant run out of lives though which is a bit pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Capaldi isn't in tomorrow's Ep dude, his debut is this year's Xmas special.
    Really? Oh okay.
    I was under the impression that this was the last episode for Matt Smith, but I guess it is just a "special" episode before his last one.... which I guess is the next one.

Saw Day of the Doctor. No spoilers ahead,just..

Epic!

If you missed it is morning, see it tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Saw Day of the Doctor. No spoilers ahead,just..

Epic!

If you missed it is morning, see it tonight!
    Completely agree , But! - Should you not wish to wait until this evening? , ABCiview currently has "Doctor Who: The Day of The Doctor" available for viewing right now.

Kind of a clunky start but once everything's in place it works out to be a decent story. What I am looking forward to is the DW docudrama on tonight with the dude from Harry Potter as William Hartnell!