Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Government finally asking if gamers want an R rating

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Heh. I still refuse to believe anything until I walk into a store and see that R18+ sticker on the box.
    Agreed, it'd better not be on a bloody Spyro game either!

Heh. I still refuse to believe anything until I walk into a store and see that R18+ sticker on the box.
    What about now DD?

Gamers get adults-only R18+ classification
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

they all seem to forget the dude they did all the hard work and then booted out during Gillards reshuffle.

he worked on it for a looooooooooong time

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Haha, I'm still skeptical.

Haha, I'm still skeptical.
    Yeh, Likewise. I have a horrible feeling that everything in the MA rating will get classed as R18 and we will just be in the same spot as before. Because apparently games are the root of all evil.

I am most curious to see how they set the parameters for the rating now. Time will tell.

That's a good point TC. Quite a few games that have reached our shores as MA15+ have been rated as R or the equivalent of in other countries. Having said that, it also comes down to different cultural beliefs and tolerances.

The ONLY reason why I am excited for this news is that we should get a local release of Mortal Kombat 10 so no more importing. Keep in mind too that games that were previously banned will still be banned as they need to be resubmitted to the Ratings Board but this is unlikely as it costs developers / distributors money for games that have already passed their shelf-life.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

That's a good point TC. Quite a few games that have reached our shores as MA15+ have been rated as R or the equivalent of in other countries. Having said that, it also comes down to different cultural beliefs and tolerances.

The ONLY reason why I am excited for this news is that we should get a local release of Mortal Kombat 10 so no more importing. Keep in mind too that games that were previously banned will still be banned as they need to be resubmitted to the Ratings Board but this is unlikely as it costs developers / distributors money for games that have already passed their shelf-life.
    Ed Boon was tweeting about the announcement, I replied that I look forward to MK's re-submittal; Very much hope that that is what he & Netherrealm decide to do (So we'll get the GOTY Edition right off the bat! ).

The problem with this legislation is that it lies at the Federal Level (Mind you I'm glad they had the balls to actually address the damn issue & did something about it!), the State's are only required to instate an R18 rating but are free to interpret what exactly constitutes that rating; this doesn't bode particularly well for any one in a state with more 'Conservative' governments or those that pay headed attention to minority religious groups.

Thread necromancy!!

So... gamers finally got their R rating - thank you common sense , but now, we have major retailers like Target pulling GTA5 off the shelves because it is not 'suitable' for their store. What lead to this... an online petition authored by former sex workers. Yes, that's right, moral standards are now being dictated to us by a group of prostitutes! WTF???!

A couple of days ago we had a report by the Greens encouraging parents to buy gender neutral toys because apparently buying Transformers for your son and Barbies for your daughter will lay the seeds for domestic violence later on in life. What has this world come to
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Thread necromancy!!

So... gamers finally got their R rating - thank you common sense , but now, we have major retailers like Target pulling GTA5 off the shelves because it is not 'suitable' for their store. What lead to this... an online petition authored by former sex workers. Yes, that's right, moral standards are now being dictated to us by a group of prostitutes! WTF???!

A couple of days ago we had a report by the Greens encouraging parents to buy gender neutral toys because apparently buying Transformers for your son and Barbies for your daughter will lay the seeds for domestic violence later on in life. What has this world come to
    I can't say but I'll be honest and say that I never saw prime bitchslap Barbie but she had a habit of walking into doors.

Actually lately my wife has made a habit of walking into stuff. she corked her arm on a shelf in the art store the other day and hit the back of her hand on the kitchen bench last night just walking past it. I'm thinking of layering protrusions in our house with bubble wrap so I don't cop the blame
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Just like tv and movies, department stores have a target audience (or target buyers in this case). And for Target and Big W and Kmart and David Jones and Myer ( sorry for all the 'ands') the target is mothers. I'm not surprised. But I can always buy from better places. Brick and mortar stores are losing the battle with online retail and if they have to institute these kinds of policies, so be it.
    And i'm rambling.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.