Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Dudes!

ABC iView has episodes of the 1st Doctor available for viewing! Check out: Doctor Who - The Daleks: Ep 1 "The Dead Planet".

This is SO wicked!, I've never seen a complete episode of the 1st Doctor before, outside of screens-caps!

I miss the old episode format. Every schoolday (except Fridays) as soon as I'd get home. I'd watch these.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Default They Seek Them Here

Last edited by Paul Agnew; 11th October 2013 at 02:30 PM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why couldnt it have been ep 4 of the tenth planet?

Default Roger Barrett? Is That You?

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why couldnt it have been ep 4 of the tenth planet?
    Because there's an upcoming DVD release to push, and they didn't want to push aside all the hard work Planet 55 did reconstructing the episode only for it to turn up on the eve of the 'complete' release.

Last thing needed is another Loose Cannon DMP fiasco.

Actually I'm quite looking forward to seeing ep6 of Enemy of the World - always wanted to see the Doctor/Salamander confrontation

Bloody excellent news huh?

Can't wait to checkout more of the 1st three Doctors, specifically Hartnell & Thoughton as they're the 2 I'm least familiar with... Come to think of it, numbers 5 through 8 I'm pretty unfamiliar with too!

So when it was claimed a few months ago that some lost episodes were found in Nigeria... it was actually true, and not some unusual Nigerian scam.

It surprises me that almost 100 episodes are missing. I didn't realise it was that much.
    Considering there are about 800 episodes, that's over 10%. (I guess it's less than 10% if you go by hours, as most episodes were 30 minutes, but are now hour long)

It is mainly season 3 and 4 suffering from missing episodes (last year of Hartnell/first of Troughton).
    Season 5 was also bad until this excellent news

So... I had boycotted the 11th Doctor when it was being aired over the last 3 years (because I couldn't stand him, acting so young and hyperactive for a 900 year old mind - I guess after 30 years of watching and reading almost every story that still exists, this was one Doctor that didn't fit the character in my mind).
    Now that it has been airing every weeknight on Channel 22, I decided to watch them all... so that I have at least seen them once, before the new one comes along and I can just ignore this dark chapter of Doctor Who.

Anyway, after that little ramble... SPOILERS for anyone else who hasn't seen the last two seasons.

The relationship between River and the Doctor - I wonder if they will feature their "first" encounter and courtship (and marriage) in a future season... perhaps as a season arc with her being his sole travelling companion over a season or two, covering a period of several years in his timeline.
    But then, I wonder how or why he would then end their relationship in his timeline, so that she can be then be on her own when running into him before their marriage (in her timeline). Maybe it isn't something they want to deal with, and will just leave it as an unfilmed chapter of his life (he's certainly had a significant portion of his 900+ years not documented by episodes or books).