Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complaint letter to Hasbro re: The TFCC

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Thanks!

Brian
    Did this "Brian" include a surname? I really hope that's not from Hasbro's CEO Brian Goldner (I'd be mightily surprised if it were).

"I'm Brian of Nazareth and so is my wife!"

Not Brian Goldner, Brian Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    A beautiful letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yes, well done! I'd be most keen to know if anything happens. If it weren't for funpub, I'd still be a member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Great. I think you were relatively restrained. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    After my FunPub experience in 2012 when I joined TFCC - Never again.

Well done on your letter. I hope someone at Hasbro at least gives you the courtesy of reading it with an appropriate response returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Absolutely Bang On Trev, well done dude and as SS pointed out you were certainly quite restrained and considerably polite.
    Cheers lads I'm getting better at making them more 'to the point' and less 'irate' as time goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I really should get a Twitter account just so i can spam their account with a fund sourcing project of my own.

Nice work, Big T. I'm very interested in the response that Hasbro will provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    A great letter indeed, I would use twitter to broadcast you grievances as well on more then one occasion I have had feedback through this method. For the better.
    I had a twitter account for all of 5 minutes a few years ago, but couldn't see the point and closed it. Maybe I should get another one

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

"I'm Brian of Nazareth and so is my wife!"

Heh - did I tell you Gok that I've planted a Juniper Berry Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The more people who complain, the more likely Hasbro will do something about it... like any other mutlinational corporation that has rivals who will prey on any negative press, they will do something about it if there is a loud enough public voice.

(you probably don't even have to prove you are a member... even if you were a past member, it could be a good campaign to piggyback on, to first say that you got the email, and then expand on your actual bad experience to show a pattern of neglect to the Brand and its consumers by FunPub)

Damn straight - the more people that kick up a fuss the more likely they are to take notice (and the less I look like a lone crackpot )

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Need to get yourself a rockingchair so you can sit on your front porch nursing your shotgun.

I have a front porch, though the rocking chair is in the nursery. Im gonna drag it out if I ever have a daughter, so I can sit there with my hunting knife and a sharpening stone whenever a gentleman caller comes to woo her "Ever notice son, how a man's eyes go milky white when ya cut'im?"

This is the fourth complaint email Ive written in twelve months. 1 to Target re: their phone service regarding Ultra Magnus, 1 to TFCC re: their Subscription Service, 1 to TRU Online re: no MP SW for Australians to order and now this one. Man, I used to be an easy going dude who went to hippy festivals - maybe it's the isolation living out on my farm - its sending me weird! Good thing we are that remote that there are no pedestrians or I'd be yelling at kids to get off my lawn

Great work Trev! Maybe one day Hasbro will get a clue.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Default The Life Of Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Did this "Brian" include a surname? I really hope that's not from Hasbro's CEO Brian Goldner (I'd be mightily surprised if it were).
    Wish it was Brian Kilby. At least he would throw his own money at the problem.

This was what I sent them... which I hope isn't too over the top.

It's difficult to complain about something without thinking about the risk that the person/company in question isn't going to take the easy option of banning the complainer instead of fixing up the problem. But if no one says anything about it, fearing retribution, then they'll keep doing it... and even if this one time may be insignificant on its own, this is not an isolated incident, and will continue if nothing is done about it.
    I don't want to be banned from BotCon or the club, as they still provide the products that I joined (and PAID for)... but the unprofessionalism has to stop if they want to keep being an Official "public representative" of Hasbro... and all license-holders are an extension of that core Company, so are required to maintain certain public standards and quality, or else the "weakest link" negatively impacts the image of the core Company.

(subject) Transformers Club abuse of member contact details (please forward this to Hasbro America)

Hi there,

Since Hasbro America’s website doesn’t allow non Americans to contact them, I have to send this to you and ask for you to forward it onto them please.
    Thankyou.

For whomever is responsible for Fun Publications at Hasbro America,

As a member of the (International) Transformers Collector Club, I wanted to complain/report an abuse of their license. Of the many products that I joined for (like Transformers news, information and products), I did not join for emails that have nothing to do with Transformers or Fun Publications Products or Interests. I want to remain a member for the aforementioned reasons, so I am hoping that something can be done to stop this long run of issues by Fun Publications, that is not only damaging their reputation, but also Hasbro’s for allowing it... so that us PAYING fans (and consumers who might be future fans) can rely on them to provide what we are paying A LOT of money for.

This latest incident is an unauthorised email that doesn’t even apply to the majority of PAYING Club members, as it only pertains to those small few who are willing and able to be in a small town in Colorado (America).... let alone those of us who are not even in America.

As a Hasbro license holder, and an authorised face for the International Corporation of Hasbro, it is very unprofessional, and unethical to use our contact details for a private purpose. They have a License to represent the quality and standards of Hasbro, so does this mean that Hasbro endorses their “licensed representatives” to use people’s emails to send them “spam” that is not related to their products or in the interests of the recipient?

It would also appear to be against Fun Publications’ own privacy policy, to send emails that are not relevant to the interests of members (who are joining for Transformers and related reasons) - http://www.mastercollector.com/privacy.cfm

This is what I received on the 12th of January, which in no way relates to Transformers, the Collector Club, Hasbro or any of Hasbro’s interests...

Unconventional email from the Collectors' Club
    "Admin at Fun Pub Inc" <do_not_reply@toyarama.com>
    This is not something that I have ever done before but I know that many of you are involved in crowd sourcing/crowd funding needs and projects.

So here's the story:

As a family, each year we vist a small town in Colorado: Pagosa Springs. You have probably never heard of it is it is in the southwest corner of Colorado near Durango.

I just found out that the movie studios are discontinuing all distribution of films and are going totally digital in the near future. I have always loved historic theaters and there is a small one in this town that is running a crowd sourcing drive to replace the theatre's old 35MM projector with new digital equipment.

So, if these guys can't meet their crowd sourcing goal in the next week, it looks like this almost 100 year old theater will shut down. So far, doesn't look like they are going to make it... if you are interested in this type of thing please vist this link.

http://communityfunded.com/projects/...rty-theatre-2/

If not, please pardon the email.

Thanks!

Brian

Thankyou for your time, and hopefully this is the last of many unprofessional issues with Fun Publications representing Hasbro’s interests.
    As noted above, I want to remain a member of an Officially Sanctioned Club, as I’ve been a fan of the Franchise for 29 years and have been a supporter & promoter of the annual BotCon conventions, as well as the entire Transformers Franchise in Australian for 18 years (at the longest running online Transformers fan community IN THE WORLD – Ozformers). So I am hoping that something can be done to make them take their responsibility seriously, or perhaps another company can be found to fulfil the duty of maintaining Hasbro’s high level of integrity to the public.

-griffin

I don't think that was remotely over the top Griffin, far from it; it was direct, concise, reference-checked and fact laden.

Much like Trev, you were rather polite and therefore should be free of the concern of reprisal.

As Hursti said, both letters are fine and very well written. It is well written, polite, direct and to the point without too much emotion but accurately getting the point across when it comes to dissatisfaction of FunPub's actions.

However given the very insular, arrogant, unprofessional and somewhat uncultured nature of FunPub management, they will probably just ignore the letters or provide a template response for those very reasons .

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This was what I sent them... which I hope isn't too over the top.

It's difficult to complain about something without thinking about the risk that the person/company in question isn't going to take the easy option of banning the complainer instead of fixing up the problem. But if no one says anything about it, fearing retribution, then they'll keep doing it... and even if this one time may be insignificant on its own, this is not an isolated incident, and will continue if nothing is done about it.
    I don't want to be banned from BotCon or the club, as they still provide the products that I joined (and PAID for)... but the unprofessionalism has to stop if they want to keep being an Official "public representative" of Hasbro... and all license-holders are an extension of that core Company, so are required to maintain certain public standards and quality, or else the "weakest link" negatively impacts the image of the core Company.
    What on earth makes you think you would be banned for raising this issue? It's hardly like you're a serial pest or are harassing them about one issue repeatedly.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Well, it's usually the attitude of those who are arrogant or oblivious of their negative impact on others. They don't seem to care enough to begin with to prevent these constant issues and negativity from our fandom, so would just take the easy option of rejecting members and their criticism, as if we were making it up to rock the boat. (like they did with the credit card issue - it was our fault according to them, not theirs, so they didn't have to deal with it)

And it's not like I'm an outsider who has never been a part of the club, who just complains for the fun of it. I've spent a lot of time and money promoting them, and buying their stuff for others, which puts me in a very credible position to object to matters that they should not be doing, or allowing to happen, as it makes my job harder to support them.