Thread: Another Chinese New Year exclusive?

Default Another Chinese New Year exclusive?

After the success of the last Chinese New Year exclusive (Year of the Dragon Ultimate Optimus), to warrant a second run through Amazon.com, it looks like there could be another one for next year... maybe as an annual exclusive.

The interesting thing about this proposed exclusive is that it would be a pair of figures that can combine - Energon Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme.

If this goes ahead, it will be a "Year of the Snake" deco, as that is next year's animal.

(if the last one was expensive, this next one will be even worse, being double the size)

Energon Omega Supreme makes a bit of sense because he could be a robotic snake in altmode:

Why only exclusives for Chinese New Years?

Other cultures understand the concept of the New Year too.

(Not being racist, just making a point - I'm ethnically Chinese)

They seem to be exclusively sold in Sinophone countries which is probably where they're most likely to sell. Sure, other countries share the concept of the Lunar New Year too, but whether or not there are enough people in those regions that would support the sale of a Lunar New Year Transformer is another thing.

Or perhaps it's something that some Sinophone branch of Hasbro (I suspect Hasbro China) is pushing for and other branches of Hasbro haven't been interested in sharing or picking them up. <shrug>

A place-holder image has been added, just showing the original Omega Supreme (this will be recoloured for this release).
    The interesting thing to notice is the special "year of the snake" Autobot logo.

I'm quite curious as to what colour this beast will don; Whilst it doesn't bother me that there seems to only be "Chinese New Year" exclusives , I could very much entertain the idea of a "Druidian New Year" line with 'to-scale' Stonehenge pack-in bonuses!