Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Death's Head toy coming in 2014!

Default Death's Head toy coming in 2014!

Reading reports from 2012 Toy Fair I found this very exciting news

Marvel will be producing a Death's Head action figure in 2013
    Source: I09.com

I'm not sure the difference between Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe. Death's Head is mentioned as part of Marvel Universe line.

The scale will off at 3.5" size, but if they make it a 6" figure he could sit very well on the classics shelf between Universe 2.0 Galvatron and Classics Rodimus. And since Death's Head was Transformers sized in his last Marvel Universe appearance, maybe they will make it bigger than the regular size Marvel toys.

If it's a build figure, with the parts spread across multiple MU figures that won't be so much fun though.

UPDATE 2014

It's a little late, but finally it's coming! It's on display at the NY Toy Fair

More pics here:
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...gallery/29431/
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 16th February 2014 at 05:03 PM.

After reading on Seibertron.com that the Deaths Head toy looks like his 80s version (I'm guessing that means his Transformers form), I've moved this topic into the Transformers section.
    I know Deaths Head isn't a Transformers character, or even owned by any Transformers company, but it is better known for his "usage" in Transformers than any other Universe the character ventured into. Kinda like Circuit Breaker - who was also a Marvel Character, but is most known for her usage in TFs.

Hell, I would buy this! Woooo! Although I hate the sizing of the Marvel toys ever since the Marvel Legends line finished. The 3.5 size is too small and what really annoys me now is the 3.5 figures retail at the same price as the Legends used to. A 6 inch figure would be sweet but unlikely methinks.

Hmm, perhaps if the Americans complain about the size enough, marvel will make it a 6 inch, after all, these Marvel figs are done by Hasbro now aren't they?

Apparently Hasbro have the license until 2013... after that, it could go to Mattel, who would be unlikely to re-produce a character related to a Hasbro brand (Transformers).

It's funny. I enjoy Marvel's comic universe and the Transformers universe but I've never really been exposed to Death's Head before. From what I know of the Marvel Universe line though it's likely he will be somewhere between 4 and 5 inches. Single carded too, but that's not to say he couldn't end up as an exclusive. I can't see them finding a good box-set theme for him.

If it was a box set theme, the most likely would be a S.W.O.R.D. set based on the recent mini-series (sold with anyone from Agent Brand, Beast, Gyrich, Lockheed, and the Drenx.) That was his most significant appearance in nearly twenty years, and the most recognisable one to the Marvel's US fans. His brief appearances in Fantastic Four and She-Hulk don't really count.

Classics Galvatron is 5 and a quarter inches tall, so if the Death's Head toy can be 5 inches tall that'd be great.

BEST FREAKING NEWS!!

I hope they don't cancel it or anything as it is still a while away. I have waited for this for years!!

It's most likely Deaths Head in his blue and yellow outfit as he appeared a few years back in Marvel's X-men S.W.O.R.D.

Good news, and if it's the Universe line then he shouldn't be a build figure cause Hasbro are to miserly with accessories to do that.

The size means he can also be shrunken Deaths Head and fight Gi Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    BEST FREAKING NEWS!!

I hope they don't cancel it or anything as it is still a while away. I have waited for this for years!!
    That's a significant risk given what happened to Kwinn from Gi Joe, hello Kwinn where are you?
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 12th February 2012 at 11:27 PM.

I'd be very interested in this figure, though I've yet to get around to reading his UK issues he still looks like a really cool character!

I have wanted a figure of DH since I was a Kid. So happy its the best news yet