Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728 LastLast

Thread: MP Bluestreak & Prowl fully revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Goki dude, you're the only person I know that's had an issue with the shoulders - to the point where I know we've discussed this before, but I still can't even think of what said issue is!
    I've heard a multitude of critiques on MP Sideswipe dude, and not one has ever mentioned a shoulder issue - I'm sorry man, I just have no clue of what you're on about.
    Take your MP Lambor. Make him do some real-time boxing; jabs, hooks, roundhouses, uppercuts etc. - see if his shoulders remain in place or not. It pops out my my MP Lambor and two other MP Lambors that I've handled IRL; every MP Lambor I've handled so far have had this problem. If you wanna bring your Lambor to the next meet just give me a few seconds to try some dynamic play action with the arms and see if the shoulders can tolerate it.

MP Lambor's shoulders remain in place fine if I carefully move the arms slowly for posing, but when I play with the toy and swing body parts in "real time speed," then I find that the shoulders are prone to moving out of place. They just have the small bumps that hold them in place, but they don't actually lock them in solidly so that it can withstand actual toy play. At least, that's been my experience with three different figures. So either this is a recurring problem on Lambor, or I'm just really unlucky in that every Lambor I've seen has had this problem (much like how every Animated Blitzwing I bought had problems but nobody else did! ).

I must be some kinda magnet for HasTak QA issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Take your MP Lambor. Make him do some real-time boxing; jabs, hooks, roundhouses, uppercuts etc. - see if his shoulders remain in place or not. It pops out my my MP Lambor and two other MP Lambors that I've handled IRL; every MP Lambor I've handled so far have had this problem. If you wanna bring your Lambor to the next meet just give me a few seconds to try some dynamic play action with the arms and see if the shoulders can tolerate it.

MP Lambor's shoulders remain in place fine if I carefully move the arms slowly for posing, but when I play with the toy and swing body parts in "real time speed," then I find that the shoulders are prone to moving out of place. They just have the small bumps that hold them in place, but they don't actually lock them in solidly so that it can withstand actual toy play. At least, that's been my experience with three different figures. So either this is a recurring problem on Lambor, or I'm just really unlucky in that every Lambor I've seen has had this problem (much like how every Animated Blitzwing I bought had problems but nobody else did! ).

I must be some kinda magnet for HasTak QA issues.
    We could get into all sorts of discussions on whether or not the figure was ever designed to sustain the levels of play that you put your figures through Goki, the very reason of which I'd be very reluctant to bring mine up to the next meet , but I just gave my figure's arm/shoulder assemblies a could couple of forward punch motions (Holding him around the waist & relevant fist, i.e. not supporting the shoulder ) with some swift speed & momentum and they were pretty rock-solid - Only his right-hand shoulder had any give in it & it was only very slight at that.

So... based on that man, I dunno if its fair to suggest that it's a common issue - An issue for sure, just maybe not as wide-spread as you'd think.
    (For what it's worth though, I'm sorry your figure disappointed you as much as it has - Has it been enough to dissuade you from the G2 version?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    (For what it's worth though, I'm sorry your figure disappointed you as much as it has - Has it been enough to dissuade you from the G2 version?)
    It's dissuaded me from getting Red Alert, Tiger Track and G2 Lambor. I'm just totally nonplussed about the MP Lambor mould after Lambor. Shoulder issues aside, considering its full RRP it doesn't give you all that much bang for your buck. IMO it's only just worth paying discounted preorder prices (I paid about $50 for mine incl. piledrivers). Anyway... hopefully I'll have better luck w/ the Datsuns. <knock.on.wood>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's dissuaded me from getting Red Alert, Tiger Track and G2 Lambor. I'm just totally nonplussed about the MP Lambor mould after Lambor. Shoulder issues aside, considering its full RRP it doesn't give you all that much bang for your buck. IMO it's only just worth paying discounted preorder prices (I paid about $50 for mine incl. piledrivers). Anyway... hopefully I'll have better luck w/ the Datsuns. <knock.on.wood>
    I hope you derive more enjoyment out of them too, I can't wait to muck around with Prowl.

These are expensive Masterpiece figures... collectables for adults with the primary purpose of transformation and display... not play. Megatron, Rodimus, the Green Starscream, and to some extent Grimlock, are all limited in their playability, because their primary purpose is to highlight the iconic character with a convertible display piece.
    These aren't for young kids, so playability is not their primary purpose. As such, they will prioritise it looking good, over it playing good.

Could not have said it any better myself.

its an issue that has soured Gok with the MP line and honestly my eyes just glaze over whenever he mentions Sideswipe's shoulders.

The MP Starscream mould has long been criticised for its flaws in engineering that affected its playability; so much so that both Hasbro and TakTOM have taken steps to attempt to remedy such issues (e.g. action figure quality plastic (Greenscream's plastic felt more like a model kit) etc.). The other MPs play just fine and I've never complained about their playability; so I'm not sure why my criticism toward the MP Lambo mould ought to extend to the entire line. And just because a line is geared toward adults doesn't mean it can't be fun to play with. I don't see why that should be accepted as an excuse at all; if anything it seems to be based on nothing more than a stereotype. And playability is asked about in TakaraTOMY's customer feedback survey (Question 39 of the MP survey explicitly asks about how the toy is played with).

-----------------------

Getting back to MP Prowl/Streak, I do sincerely hope that these toys won't have any issues that adversely affect their basic playability and that they'll be just as fun as most other MPs. I'm not making any judgement about the Datsun mould until I have MP Prowl in hand.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 1st October 2013 at 12:02 PM.

Not that i play with my MP's, but i've always found Grimlock's waist connection to be tenuous at best, which is pretty annoying when lifting him up from the chest. And Rodimus' backpack is a similarly weak connection. By comparison i think Sideswipe's shoulder connection is fairly solid.

just gotten notification from supplier that there is a possibility for a MP18b blue bluestreak - in a greyish blue hue...