Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TF Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I just saw Shockwave as having survived... the Zombies overwhelmed him but moved off to complete their primary objective of assaulting the Well of AllSparks. Killing Shockwave was never their objective; they only attacked him when he stood in their way. I saw the darker greys as just being being gritty/dirty/damaged from the fight.
    +1

I was surprised to see Shockwave rock up later in the show as most of us seem to have been but as stated above, that's what I figured

I'm pretty sure I saw at least one limb ripped off as they were piling on top of Shockwave, which is why I assumed he was completely dismembered... but when he showed up later, all that was missing was one of this tank-tread bits on his back, and a crack on his eye.
    Maybe the animator for that scene got a bit too carried away, based on the script, but didn't know or realise that the character was supposed to come out virtually unscarred.

I'm trying to remember (without going back to rewatch it)... I don't think his re-appearance added to the plot in any way, so maybe it would have been a more fitting loose end to tie up if he had been killed in that scene, and any lines he said later were said by someone else or just not included.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    So who here after watching this moved Knockout from the Decepticon shelf to the Autobot shelf? And more importantly who was stoked doing so?
    Well to be fair he didn't really have a good role model hehehehe ...really enjoyed this character... I wonder if we ever get a Generations Knockout toy heheeh? Would be fun with accessories that look like dental torture equipments

About Shockwave - it's really amazing how he survived.... guess he's made of sterner stuff - not even a few sparks flying , panels hanging, wires exposed a cracked optic.... not at all - well mebbe a broken wing like kibble but that's it....hmmm....It would be a shame if Screamer got killed off. I mean for some reason - I am a little surprised how "loyal" he really did become in this series.... even after Megatron's death - he was willing to plan and exact revenge all in Megatron's name... now that's new!!

OKay so Im a bit confused though -- all the revived zombie terrocons just "died" coz the source of their life - Unicron basically became the dark djin in a bottle....but how come Megatron lives? I mean wasn't his body revived by Unicron as well? shouldn't it be he just stayed dead altogether - the only reason he didn't join the allspark is because it's tainted with Unicron's blood ergo he should've been sucked up with Unicron and his body left an empty husk so we end up with the series of Megatron alive but a Pacifist - for how long we're not sure and No Prime.... yet...to challenge him should he turn -- but then there will be no more prime as that lineage was ended in this series with the sacrifice of Optimus - he did say so himself why in the movie....oh well.

Im really really curious now what new series they're gonna come up with - but I hope it's not another reset storyline....it's getting to be annoying really.

If they're after just a filler series my vote goes for a revive of TFA. They should come up with a season 4 and 5 even of Transformers Animated as even with it all wrapped up, there's still so much potential in that series untapped!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    If they're after just a filler series my vote goes for a revive of TFA. They should come up with a season 4 and 5 even of Transformers Animated as even with it all wrapped up, there's still so much potential in that series untapped!
    ^THIS!^ - Oh good bloody lord this!

I just finished watching this and I really loved it. Predacons were pretty cool and the Unicronian Megatron was pretty cool as well.

Would love to see some regular-sized toys of the new Megatron and some sort of Terrorcon Predacons.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It would be a shame if Screamer got killed off. I mean for some reason - I am a little surprised how "loyal" he really did become in this series.... even after Megatron's death - he was willing to plan and exact revenge all in Megatron's name... now that's new!!

I too liked this, but I've been quite perplexed the whole duration of the show, especially S2 and S3 of Starscream's loyalty and whether he was being serious or was being sarcastic or deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I just finished watching this and I really loved it. Predacons were pretty cool and the Unicronian Megatron was pretty cool as well.
    To me it felt like a rehash of what happened to Beast Wars Galvatron; and I arguably prefer that story line where Unicron was using BW Galvatron's body as a means of possessing Vector Sigma and transforming Cybertron into his new body; but I guess that's not a priority for TFP Unicron since his body (Earth) is still existent. Also Predacon Rising didn't have a terminally boring two series lead up to this story arc, unlike the BW Neo Unicron arc. Good story, but not worth suffering through watching BWII and Neo to get to it.

This movie made me come full circle back on Prime as a a series. To begin with I did not like it at all, it was a paint-by-the-numbers series with little originality or positives. As it progressed the writers finally seemed to figure out they could make their own series rather than rehashing everything from previous media (transformers and otherwise) and the series started to improve in many ways.

After the lacklustre, predictable and most sadly boring "movie" to finish the series I am back to thinking that Prime as a whole was a massive waste of my time and the few toys I collected due to seasons 2-3 I feel silly for buying.

The writing was awful, the characters barely did anything bar fight or run away, new characters were only used as fighters, older characters did nothing of note and there were so many plotholes and loose ends left it feels like it was meant for prime to continue as a comic series or prose stories, or something. I get that they were leaving some endings vague so as to keep a PG rating, but with what they had done previously with Silas/Breakdown and Blackarachnia I was expecting something with a little more depth or darkness.

Instead we got cliche and dull mysticism to explain pretty much everything. What made it worst is that it contradicted much of the aligned novels which the series is supposed to be based off. With all the Decepticons left around to do their things, predacons roaming about with none to oppose them and Megatron possibly being only a few minutes away from realising he loves oppression as long as he is at the right end of it, the series showed that once again without Prime to do everything for them, they are good soldiers and competent bots, but have no way to defend themselves against any threats bigger than a Vehicon or two. There better be some elite class warriors coming back to Cybertron, or some Phase sixers being "born" or Cybertron will be under Predakings control whenever he feels like it. Shockwave and Megatron will be unstoppable too.

Just annoying that a series that built well and had much potential was squandered in 65 minutes. What is worse was a series that had much more going for it (in Animated) was axed to make this pathetic waste of time. The only things that this series has brought to the Transformers Universe has been proving that 3D animation can be used to make nice looking (although unpopulated) worlds, Transformer zombies are awesome and Breakdown as a self indulgent pretty boy works wonders as a character.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

You summed it up pretty well, i_amtrunks. Terrible writing; the plot didn't seen to move at all, there was so much wasted time. The whole thing could have gone to a standard prime episode.

That aside I also really felt like I was watching a video game cutscene the whole time. Did anyone else notice the change in look? I don't know if they bumped the resolution up or down, or if it was just a different director, but to me it genuinely looked like it had been taken from between player sections of a 5yo game.

I feel like I gave Prime a good chance and I really tried to like it a lot, but it let me down.