Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Unauthorised Transformers Products

Sightings/Sales

Old 21st September 2010, 11:45 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Oh, and some things I missed when I wrote my thoughts on it in the middle of the night last night.

I really like the way that each bot now dual wields. While some of the weapons feel shoehorned in it's a nice touch that everyone now has two weapons. Oh, and the combiner head panel thing, despite not integrating with the vehicle and robot mode of Onslaught very well stays on much more firmly than the standard one did.
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:27 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I finally put my (not) Bruticus together, and despite not being a big Gestalt fan this thing is awesome. Pretty much what everyone else has already said, this kit adds so much to what was a mundane combiner at best, and yeah it's really solid for a combiner too, more so than most Hasbro ones.

I do find that (not) Bruticus backpack pops of sometimes when I try to attach his shotguns or pose him, however it's pretty minor compared to the old combiners.

Overall considering that I picked up the Hasbro Combaticon set on a whim and for a steal from the Kmart clearance trolley which helped offset the cost of the upgrade packs this guy has all been win win for me.

I'd be keen to see FP make a full (not) G1 gestalt from scratch. I reckon they could make them scramble city style and release a whole set over a few years if they kept them compatible with existing combiners.
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:36 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
I'd be keen to see FP make a full (not) G1 gestalt from scratch. I reckon they could make them scramble city style and release a whole set over a few years if they kept them compatible with existing combiners.
Glad you like them Lord Zed.

Also, in reference to what you were saying above, checkout what they've got in the pipleline:

More of what they're planning can be seen here.
Old 24th September 2010, 01:39 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
I do find that (not) Bruticus backpack pops of sometimes when I try to attach his shotguns or pose him, however it's pretty minor compared to the old combiners.
Same

LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!!
Old 25th September 2010, 08:12 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
I noticed this on mine too, but you can use (gentle) brute force to kinda force the backpack in a little... and it usually stays.
Old 14th October 2010, 01:09 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Saw this comment at Loppy Details, a TF (and numerous other things) review blog:

Quote:
It's amazing enough when you consider that the combined Bruticus mode now looks like the best Transformer product ever made. But then you realize that the drone and jeep modes of these two figures are perfect also… and so are their robot modes. Plus, the accessories included instantly upgrades the lackluster Hasbro figures into sheer awesomeness. If the guys at FansProject keep things up, they just might be able to create their own global toy empire one day (and we TF fans should help them whenever we can by buying their stuff). I'm giving this set a 10+/10 (Phenomenal). Any and all TF collectors should own this set along with their Bruticus Maximus. If not then you'd better get on it (I don't care if you have to sell a kidney… which you don't).
The bolding added by me. I couldn't agree more.

LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!!
Old 14th October 2010, 01:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Sometimes it feels like i wont be getting mine until next year
Old 16th October 2010, 07:54 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

It's not a Transformers product.

And a 10/10 rating implies that there are no flaws, and this set has some reasonably large flaws.

Not that it isn't a fantastic piece mind you.
Old 24th October 2010, 09:48 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

hi is this two-pack MISB heavy??, trying to calculate shipping on RK returns ridiculous shipping quotes..
Old 24th October 2010, 10:07 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
hi is this two-pack MISB heavy??, trying to calculate shipping on RK returns ridiculous shipping quotes..
Not really, no.

The pair of them aren't all that weighty at all and I paid $25-28USD postage from TFSource , so I guess that isn't much help as you intend on getting them from Robot Kingdom, but I hope that it gives you some sort of an idea or guideline.

Just out of curiosity, what is RK charging for the shipping of these guys?