Page 1 of 26 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

Default WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

The eagerly anticipated follow-up to the War For Cybertron game has been officially announced by Activision, called 'Fall of Cybertron' and is scheduled for release in late 2012 (spring here).

A press release by Activision (which doesn't say much about the game itself) can be seen here.

A couple promo artworks can be seen here, which are from the gameinformer website, and will be the two covers of their next magazine.

More info will be in the November issue of the gameinformer magazine (not sure if it's released here, but is released mid-October).

Since WFC is tied into the Exodus/Exiles books, expect the game to follow events set up in those stories, as the end of WFC game had them evacuating Cybertron, leaving just a handful of Autobots left behind.

So, it appears to be Classics Grimlock on one Magazine cover? And with a new form to Optimus, this could mean more WFC toys mid-2012 (with Classics Grimlock re-released as a WFC toy perhaps). Hope that means other Dinobots in the game, and as Classics/WFC toys.

And I wonder who the jet is in the background? Megatron? Thunderwing? Looks nice... I want one.

I'm just glad that Bumblebee is dead.
    Bumblebee this and Bumblebee that gets a tad annoying at times.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    I'm just glad that Bumblebee is dead.
    Bumblebee this and Bumblebee that gets a tad annoying at times.
    I doubt that he is dead since this is a prequel and Hasbro thinks that the TF line is just about Bumblebee and Prime.

This announcement is very awesome indeed! However I have two fears:

- Hasbro may still be persisting on shoehorning WFC into TF Prime and Bumblebee gets injured becoming the annoying mute we have seen in the Bay-verse and Prime.

- No PC release. If this happens then it doesn't matter how good this game may be, I won't be able to play it as I don't have any consoles. I am a PC only gamer.

Excellent, just wish I had a console to play it on

There had better be a PC release!

BAM! :

Courtesy of Gameinformer.com.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I doubt that he is dead since this is a prequel and Hasbro thinks that the TF line is just about Bumblebee and Prime.
    I jumped the gun on that one.
    One can dream.

This announcement is very awesome indeed! However I have two fears:

- Hasbro may still be persisting on shoehorning WFC into TF Prime and Bumblebee gets injured becoming the annoying mute we have seen in the Bay-verse and Prime.

- No PC release. If this happens then it doesn't matter how good this game may be, I won't be able to play it as I don't have any consoles. I am a PC only gamer.
    I have a Wii, but I'd only be playing this on PC, I recently bought the PC version of WFC in June when I was in the states, I would be sending away for this release since i won't be going back any time soon.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Looking forward to another edition of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    I jumped the gun on that one.
    One can dream.
    The War For Cybertron Bumblebee toy clearly said that this is the form of Bumblebee before he became the mute warrior of Movieverse/Primeverse, and the Exodus novel included the launch of the Allspark incident from the movieverse. So that happening in this game is to be expected.

Presumably that will be a level, and since Bumblebee has to lose, maybe in the Decepticon campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So, it appears to be Classics Grimlock on one Magazine cover? And with a new form to Optimus, this could mean more WFC toys mid-2012 (with Classics Grimlock re-released as a WFC toy perhaps). Hope that means other Dinobots in the game, and as Classics/WFC toys.

And I wonder who the jet is in the background? Megatron? Thunderwing? Looks nice... I want one.
    The Bublebee pic has Optimus with a new look, but the Grimlock Pic has Op looking pretty similar. The Je in the background looks to me to be a Starscream like Seeker.

Grimlock would be pretty awesome to play as!!