Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New waves of United

Meh. I already have them and I use the Optimus Primal and Megatron (from BW 10th anniversary) on my classics shelf.
    Thunderwing looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Same... although I did get Rumble / Frenzy as well.
    I figure they'll eventually get released here
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Umm... Everyone does realise that these pics are only Mock-ups and not official pics yeah?

Seibertron.com:

Malaysian toy shop Famitoy has posted the upcoming pre-orders for the next wave of Takara version of Transformers United figures.
    This new wave consists of 9 figures (UN-23 to UN-31).

The figures are expected to be released in January & February 2012.

Update: Courtesy of site sponsor Kapow Toys we now have mock ups, check them out below.

Personally, I'll take these with a grain of salt until I see something from HasTakTom.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I always thought there actually was a Wipe-Out toy that came with Trypticon (like Scamper came with Metroplex). Marvel Comics lied to me.
    I'd expect that Wipe-Out was meant to be the Full-Tilt toy, but for some reason the writer & artist renamed & redrew Trypticon's transforming partner into something that ended up resembling a black Tailgate (which is the inspiration of this United toy).
    The TFWiki mentions that Hasbro had given Marvel samples of toys, and the Artist used the details on Tailgate as inspiration... perhaps because they didn't have the Trypticon toy to know exactly what Full-Tilt looked like, and maybe only had the character model of Trypticon and not Full-Tilt.
    Unless Bob Budiansky remembers why the name was changed (he would have named both Wipe-Out & Full-Tilt), we might not know the reason for this.

I personally just believe it is the same character, with different names & appearances (like Gen1 Jetfire/Skyfire - no one questions that he's the same character, but looks radically different & has 2 different names).

I thought that Full-Tilt was the Slammer equivalent, and Wipe-Out had just been left out of the catalogues. It's been 25 years, maybe it's time I finally buy a Trypticon. (Takara Encore it already!)

(But it's good to see Takara seems to be looking for an actual character to homage rather than just making a Nemesis Windcharger.)

I was excited there for a moment. What? New BW-inspired moulds?!

But no. The bitter taste of disappointment.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Umm... Everyone does realise that these pics are only Mock-ups and not official pics yeah?
    I echo this sentiment. I have faith that TakaraTomy will make at least SOME of these moulds sexy.

I've only wachex about ten episodes of Beast Wars, but when did Optimus Primal ride a surfboard???
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Season 2. Plus it was a FLYING Surfboard.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    it's odd that they would do Thunderwing and not Black Shadow considering that G1 Thunderwing never came out in Japan and thus never appeared in any Japanese G1 media... Black Shadow would have wider appeal
    It's not that odd, they did release Straxus after all... and he's not as obscure as friggin' Wipe-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

Seibertron.com:
    I did, I don't have one or two of those molds so maybe they will get good colour schemes as opposed to what has been shown then you never know. However If they use those Primal and Megatron molds, no deal they are both awful toys.