Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botcon Box 2012 Art reveal

Default Botcon Box 2012 Art reveal

Couldn't see this anywhere on the board, si here we go.

The facebook page has revealed the Botcon Box art.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...e=1&permPage=1

Not terribly exciting if you ask me and a bit jumbled up together. The box doesn't give many clues away as to story either, you'd think Evil Autos working with Evil Deceps, but the Autobot on one side and deceps on the other. hope the story to back these rather weak selection of toys is good.

Hmm, just checked the TFCC site and no pack image there. Nothing on the Botcon site either. Surely this should feature there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Hmm, just checked the TFCC site and no pack image there. Nothing on the Botcon site either. Surely this should feature there as well?
    Sales promotion 1st, then informing of members.

Liking the art itself, but not a fan of mixing the SG characters in with normal ones.

Agree with you Tets, this set was a poor selection, and the art does nothing to make it more enticing.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

They still have 20% left unsold... either they made a lot more sets this year, or there is a big drop in attendance interest this year, as the last few years have sold out within a few weeks (I think).
    Maybe the location (distance to most fans & lack of interesting things in Dallas) or the lack of guests/schedule/events is discouraging people from taking on the expense of going this year. Times are tough, especially in America, so spending over a grand on a toy convention, just to get the full experience this year, plus airfares & accommodation... not easy to do.
    This could be the first time since 2008 that they have sets left over for sale at the convention.

The box art highlights how unfocused and random this set is.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    The box art highlights how unfocused and random this set is.
    Well said!

Have they announced ANY guests for the botcon this year yet? I am having trouble remembering anything about it, aside from the toys which looks like their main focus. Compared to last years Botcon, the pre-con buzz is incredibly low.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Have they announced ANY guests for the botcon this year yet?
    I believe the only guest to of been officially announced is someone involved with the comics, maybe one of the colourists by memory?... I'm pretty sure he's the only one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I believe the only guest to of been officially announced is someone involved with the comics, maybe one of the colourists by memory?... I'm pretty sure he's the only one though.
    Josh Burcham?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

FunPub have always pitched their BotCons to the toy dealers & enthusiasts before registration, leaving the guests, events and finer details until the week or two leading up to the actual show.
    Which doesn't give people a reason to attend, just a reason to buy their toys or at the most, show up just to pick up their at-show toys.

I'd say it's probably a vicios combination of More sets produced, lower interest in the set and financial situation that has made these sets left over.

It's going to make the jerks who buy 3 sets to scalp on eBay suffer this year. especially if anyone bought the golden ticket specifically for the purpose of making a profit.

I think though that the artwork is nice, and if I was attending I'd be pretty happy to have it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)