Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bidoofdude's Slightly Amateurish Art

Red face Bidoofdude's Slightly Amateurish Art

Hi guys,
    I started drawing Transformers and really enjoy it. Here is my Flickr, where you can check out all my photos and collection pics.:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/68801062@N05/
    Quite amateurish and as it says in the descriptions, a lot of the shading and rendering is cut out by light and the conditions.
    Hope you can appreciate them. Comment below!

My latest art piece as of 7/02/13, which depicts the defence of the ark befor launch in Fall of Cybertron.

Bidoofdude Productions: Transformers Fall of Cybertron Art by Bidoofdude, on Flickr

Here are some from 2012, as I know how to post pictures now:

Shockwave Mk.2 by Bidoofdude, on Flickr

Soundwave Mk.2 by Bidoofdude, on Flickr

Snarl Transformers Art by Bidoofdude, on Flickr
    These ones are not scanned but photographed, so quality may be a bit. grainy, but they are much more vibrant and cartoony in person, IMO.

Thanks to all that have supported me and my work and I will continue to make more.
    Last edited by Bidoofdude; 7th February 2013 at 07:47 PM.

At least you can tell who they are. Better than my efforts...

Hey, I actually think these are really quite charming! I like them a lot for some reason, reminds me of the 80s transformers picture books a bit. The Soundwave one is my favourite.
    Don't worry about them being "amateurish" either, if you just keep drawing every day you're bound to get better.

(ps you should totally draw Jazz )
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Nice drawings Bidoofdude I too have also been known to dabble in a bit of amateurish art from time to time.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The last time I drew transformers was in primary school. I just copied the box art. All in pencil - no colour. Since it's just copies and nothing original, just considered it ordinary.
    It's not traced though. Can't draw people just robots.

I go with a weird method. I do pencil (greylead) outlines and details then put th first basic layer of colour on, then the second layer and finally, I add the black outline (again in pencil). Thanks for all the positive feedback. Sorry again about the bad photo quality and lighting.

Your art is fine, I personally find it really hard to put any depth in my drawings. and like it's been said above, it's still clear which chracter you have drawn.

btw, I love the wampa lining up for an ice cream, classic!!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

You should preserve these early drawings of yours, so that you will see the progress you will make, Just keep on drawing and pretty soon, amateurish will develop into professional. Everybody starts on something and these are decent drawings, as everyone said - you can tell who it is. Keep at it
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

Aww cute as hell. I love the simple stuff. You can tell you draw cause you love it, not cause you have to. If only I could go back to that, maybe one day. Reminds me of some of my ancient stuff.

They're not that bad at all Bidoof, this one is certainly the most superior effort however.