Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
Has it been confirmed that the Takara FoC line will be brightly colored/painted? Might explain the higher cost...
That could be why. The images on the Amazon.jp links are all new decos with shiny paints.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
For what it's worth...Standard TF pricing here is between ¥2400 to ¥2800 on release (i.e. different toys have different prices, unlike Oz where it's consistent across size class) for deluxes, and ¥3500 to ¥3800 (sometime going as high as ¥4200 ) for Voyagers on release. Usually after a few weeks the price will then drop by a few hundred yen (¥200-¥500 odd) for while, until they get put on clearance and (if you're lucky) you can pick them up for a song.
I'd expect actual store retail prices to vary (and discount later), but I was just going by the Amazon.jp prices, which had TFPrime (Arms Micron) Deluxe toys for 2000yen over the last year, but are listing the Generations Deluxe toys for 3000yen... a significant enough increase to note it as a being applicable to that new line. And judging by the paint-work, it explains why these ones are so much more expensive.