Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Predaking now shipping from Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Die cast. Could be mold degradation. He seemed a bit slouchy at the shoulders and the legs come off without much force at all.
    That could just be the sheer weight though ; I too have the 2010 Takara reissue (Went through the same levels of amazement & joy as yourself here ) and whilst my connections are tight, there is definite signs of a lot of weight being bared.

That effort on Amazon's part though is absolutely deplorable , I'd seriously consider writing up a review on the site if only to let others know what to expect.

That is disgusting from Amazon
    Mental note not to order from them

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I once had an expensive JP toy sent from Asia that was just the toy box wrapped in paper... so as expected, it got a bit crushed.
    That happened w/ my 2000 reissue G1 Convoy. Though it was a free gift, so I guess no real grounds to complain.

I'm no MISB collector but coming home to this %^& makes me cry
    Shame on you Amazon.

I actually didn't cry, but was still not very impressed
    Wow..... Mine actually came in a box box.

Size comparison, rises to around 28cms and he IS heavy, heavier than en Energon/YOTS Omega supreme.

Demand a refund, or partial credit. (go through their live Customer Service module and give them the image link to see what they have to say about it at least)
    Even if you don't keep the box (which you should with these nice shiny ones ), the packaging is designed to be for display by collectors.
    I could understand if they did it to a general release item, like say Metroplex, but even still, I'd be annoyed at not having the chance to have "keepable" or displayable packaging.
    (not to mention, the chance of the single bit of tape breaking in transit and items inside come out and are lost)

I really hope mine doesn't arrive like that.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thumbs down

A lot shipped like that at first (not all, but a substantial number), Amazon is aware of customer fury, and any yet to be shipped will now all be shipped in an outer box.

If yours arrives without an outer box, complain. Yes, they already know, but volume never hurts, especially to cover the international POV, and demand a credit for at least part of the shipping.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I'm no MISB collector but coming home to this %^& makes me cry
    Shame on you Amazon.

I actually didn't cry, but was still not very impressed
    WOW, I'd be completely ropeable if I recieved something in that condition from anyone.

Definitely complain to them with pictures. I know they are trying to save wherever they can with shipping but that's going too far.

As for your loose joints, I actually only just opened my 2010 reissue last night and transformed them all to their individual robot modes. I totally agree with you, for it's age the design is really well done. I haven't noticed anything particularly loose yet except for a couple of beast mode legs hanging loosely in the robot mode.

Later this week some time I'm going to sticker up and combine the sucker. I also have the third party sword that was producd a couple years ago to give the combined mode a bit more oomf.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

That's really poor, even by Amazon's pathetic standards. There's only so much 'cost saving' can justify.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Demand a refund, or partial credit. (go through their live Customer Service module and give them the image link to see what they have to say about it at least)
    Even if you don't keep the box (which you should with these nice shiny ones ), the packaging is designed to be for display by collectors.
    I could understand if they did it to a general release item, like say Metroplex, but even still, I'd be annoyed at not having the chance to have "keepable" or displayable packaging.
    (not to mention, the chance of the single bit of tape breaking in transit and items inside come out and are lost)

I really hope mine doesn't arrive like that.
    I'll give it a shot for the sake of all you collector folk
    But mostly because a partial refund sounds attractive and Amazon do need to be punished for this crappery of a service.

I'll give it a shot for the sake of all you collector folk
    But mostly because a partial refund sounds attractive and Amazon do need to be punished for this crappery of a service.
    Got a partial refund of 20%. A replacement or full refund was also offered but that would involve re-boxing old Preds and sending him back to the states. As I am perfectly happy with Preds as he is (and too lazy to twistytie him back up) I settled for the partial refund.

They did all this without a shred of evidence. Still sucks though, can't really say I got a good deal.