Page 274 of 870 FirstFirst ... 254264269270271272273274275276277278279284294 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 8691

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by colin78 View Post
    Has anyone seen Transformers: Prime wave 3, (Vehicon, Knock Out and Hot Shot) in sydney? It feels like wave 2 has been floating around forever....
    Wave 3? - Wave 2 has been exceedingly scarce down here in the Gong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Bloody Sydney-ites invading Illawarrian stores, is nothing sacred any more?
    But seriously, get your own outlets as it's hard enough for us down here... Kidding
    You can't really blame me for being hell-bent on new plastic crack after road-tripping to 1986 Transformer's Movie soundtrack!
    (also a lot of The Killers, Muse, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers)

We stopped off at a lot of Targets but left Wollongong alone as we ran out of time. I'm not 100% about the HftD Hubcap I bought in Toyworld Batemans Bay, but I'll warm up when those Reprolabels come in

Quote Originally Posted by colin78 View Post
    Has anyone seen Transformers: Prime wave 3, (Vehicon, Knock Out and Hot Shot) in sydney? It feels like wave 2 has been floating around forever....
    I ended up just getting mine online. All barring RiD Vehicon. With wave 2 only now becoming prominent (and by prominent i mean showing up in 2 - 3 stores) I hust buy online now. Took me a while to convert but I'm not as worked up over the Illawarra as I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    We stopped off at a lot of Targets but left Wollongong alone as we ran out of time. I'm not 100% about the HftD Hubcap I bought in Toyworld Batemans Bay, but I'll warm up when those Reprolabels come in
    I got that set of reprolabels at the beginning of the year. They're awesome :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    You can't really blame me for being hell-bent on new plastic crack after road-tripping to 1986 Transformer's Movie soundtrack!
    (also a lot of The Killers, Muse, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Hehe, it's all good man & especially seeing as though it was to the tune of Epic Hair-Metal!
    (The TFTM Soundtrack that is )

Centro Bankstown Target and (Kmart I think) had the first wave of FOC Generations. First time I'd seen them in stores... as none of the Brisbane stores I had visited had them yet.

Target Chatswood and Bankstown had Star Wars Crossovers Class 2 (the regular size) discounted - $18 at Chatswood, $23 on the shelf-tag at Bankstown but scanned up at $13.

TRU Chatswood had the TFPrime Commanders from wave 1 with free mini-DVD (with episode 6 on all four toys). Must be region-free, as I wasn't expecting those to be released here (they were released in American waaaaay back in April I think).
    Shame that we are waiting desperately for Wave 2, 3 & 4, but Hasbro AUS decides to release these Wave 1 "special editions" instead.

Found and bought three remaining TF3 capsules from Bankstown BigW, but all three were the same Optimus figure.

I still haven't managed to see the FOC Combaticons anywhere yet.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Centro Bankstown Target and (Kmart I think) had the first wave of FOC Generations. First time I'd seen them in stores... as none of the Brisbane stores I had visited had them yet.

Target Chatswood and Bankstown had Star Wars Crossovers Class 2 (the regular size) discounted - $18 at Chatswood, $23 on the shelf-tag at Bankstown but scanned up at $13.

TRU Chatswood had the TFPrime Commanders from wave 1 with free mini-DVD (with episode 6 on all four toys). Must be region-free, as I wasn't expecting those to be released here (they were released in American waaaaay back in April I think).
    Shame that we are waiting desperately for Wave 2, 3 & 4, but Hasbro AUS decides to release these Wave 1 "special editions" instead.

Found and bought three remaining TF3 capsules from Bankstown BigW, but all three were the same Optimus figure.

I still haven't managed to see the FOC Combaticons anywhere yet.
    Wait, what? your in Sydney!?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Only for a few hours... running around Sydney (from the airport to Chatswood, then to Bankstown, and Jannali, and back to the airport), I didn't even have time to stop somewhere to have a proper meal.
    All for a three and a half grand toy...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Only for a few hours... running around Sydney (from the airport to Chatswood, then to Bankstown, and Jannali, and back to the airport), I didn't even have time to stop somewhere to have a proper meal.
    All for a three and a half grand toy...
    Wha..?

Interesting buy given a re-issue is now quite likely.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

The Reissue Fort Max was on my mind, but the price of this one was what took me a day to convince myself to buy it, after weighing up the pros and cons...

Pros (reasons to buy it)
    There was no Metrotitan reissue with Metroplex, so the odds of a Grand Max reissue is slim.
    Similar to Metroplex, I'm thinking that after Fort Max is released, the initial fan-surge pre-order will account for most of the interest/sales, making this thing shelf-warm, as it will be an over-sized, expensive brick to everyone else who wasn't a Gen1 fan (as Metroplex was).
    If a reissue Grand Max did happen, the chances of it having the pretender shell is slim (maybe Metrotitan wasn't released because it would have been rejected by fans if it didn't have the added Micromaster to make it complete)
    It was in Australia, so cheaper shipping (if I got it posted) or easier to bring back on a plane (if I picked it up).
    I could check to make sure it was complete and legit (if I picked it up in person)... as I was able to organise payment in person.
    It was cheaper than what most boxed-complete Grand Max toys go for these days (usually getting up to about $5000).
    It would get me out of the house for an adventure, even if it was just for the day.
    Having an original Grand Max would be pretty neat, over having a reissue.
    There was a chance he had some other Gen1 JP TFs, so would have been even more worth getting this one.
    Having the biggest ever general-release TFs toy, is kinda required in a collection as big as mine.

Cons
    $3500 is a lot of money for a singe toy, no matter how much money you have to burn.
    The chance of a Grand Max reissue is possible, which would only be about $400.
    If a reissue ended up being similar to the original, it's not the sort of toy that people would care if someone had an original version.
    I was thinking about on getting the Fort Max reissue because it has the sword, while mine had missing stickers (which are now fixed)... so now that I have the Master Sword from Grand Max, I'm not feeling like getting the reissue Fort Max now.
    I'd get all the way down there and he couldn't make the pick up... or there was something wrong with the toy.