Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
Does anyone know of a website that has information on the exact height of transformer toys?

I'm drawing up the plans for new shelving for my tf and as space is a issue I'm trying to get it as exact as I can. My collection is boxed away and it'll take ages to sort through them to get the measurments so I'm hoping to avoid that if I can
Off the top of my head, no.

but a design consideration you might want to include would be how close you want your figures to be to the ceiling height of each shelf. and how close the shelves are together.

if you have wooden shelves and only have a 1cm clearance above your figures on every shelf, for the lower and higher shelves you're only really going to be able to clearly see the figures at te front at all. and it will be quite dark towards the back.

If you can afford it in your budget, i'd recommend at least some glass shelves, they let in more light.

If you can also afford to get those evenly spread 5mm holes included in the design, you'll be able to roughly customise your shelf heights for different series or sizes of figures however you feel at the time. unless you have good template hardware I would strongly recommend against manufacturing this design yourself though as a single unevenly spaced hole will render that shelf space unuseable.

Hope there's a little food for thought there.