Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
In the G1 cartoon Universe, can the Matrix grant life to new Transformers?
Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
I don't know of a time in the G1 cartoon continuity where the Matrix granted life, however, just because it never happened on screen doesn't mean it couldn't. most of the life creation episodes were before the movie I think...
Don't recall Rodimus using Matrix being used like it was in the Bay movies - whipping it out and jabbing into a dead Transformer or bringing it near machinery to create life. In Season 3, there were some badly written life-creation episodes; Metroplex being built through hard work; Grimlock building the Technobots from parts within Unicron's head; and then there were fallen Transformers being brought back to life by the Quintessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
If VS is the only place where a new TF life can be created, why is it not a more heavily guarded place? Surely if you control it, you control the number of troops that can be created and thus over time through sheer weight of numbers you would win the war?
I guess that's like why didn't Optimus Prime in Season 1 send all his Autobots to crush the Decepticons in one fell swoop, when he had the military advantages of a proper base of operations, fleshling allies, and a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio superiority in numbers