Page 201 of 481 FirstFirst ... 181191196197198199200201202203204205206211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

I just choose to ignore things like Christmas decorations & stuff put out ridiculously early. It does not affect me unless I allow it to.

With or without a cross I would still enjoy fruit & spice buns because they taste good .

On the subject of venting I have had a kidney stone for the last three weeks & have been in constant discomfort building to outright agony. Simply put this has been the worst holiday I have ever had & spending a few days over this period in hospital has not made it any more fun. I have to say though that the staff at the hospital I have been visiting have been fabulous in every respect.

X-rays, cat scans, ultrasounds & all sorts have extablished that there is no kidney blockage but spending three weeks in a drug induced stupor has not been much fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I just choose to ignore things like Christmas decorations & stuff put out ridiculously early. It does not affect me unless I allow it to.

With or without a cross I would still enjoy fruit & spice buns because they taste good .

On the subject of venting I have had a kidney stone for the last three weeks & have been in constant discomfort building to outright agony. Simply put this has been the worst holiday I have ever had & spending a few days over this period in hospital has not made it any more fun. I have to say though that the staff at the hospital I have been visiting have been fabulous in every respect.

X-rays, cat scans, ultrasounds & all sorts have extablished that there is no kidney blockage but spending three weeks in a drug induced stupor has not been much fun at all.
    Oh Prowl, that's definitely very unlucky timing for you and I'm glad it's turning for the better and didn't last long after all. Bad for me my surgery is still a budget number but I've already spent all my money during the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post

I am familiar with your pain as I recently found out I have stones in my gallbladder - very painful indeed. I'm booked it to have my gallbladder removed on the 7th of Feb.

Damm looks like I am not Robinson Crusoe here then . Hope you get the budgeting right Arcee & Jena hopefully that surgery will fix your gallbladder issue up.

The only "good"part of all this is that Oxycodone works rather well & I am going to bed feeling like I am sleeping in the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I am familiar with your pain as I recently found out I have stones in my gallbladder - very painful indeed. I'm booked it to have my gallbladder removed on the 7th of Feb.
    Make sure that the doctor tells you exactly what the precautions you should take for life without a Gallbladder. It is often thought that the Gallbladder is just a useless organ but it actually used by the body to break down and process fat. Without it you may develop a few life long side effects that you will have to deal with when it comes to food digestion.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Make sure that the doctor tells you exactly what the precautions you should take for life without a Gallbladder. It is often thought that the Gallbladder is just a useless organ but it actually used by the body to break down and process fat. Without it you may develop a few life long side effects that you will have to deal with when it comes to food digestion.
    I saw a surgeon yesterday and she warned me of the complications that could happen if I don't get it removed. I didn't want to have it out but I've decided I'd rather just eat a healthier, low fat diet forever than get really sick.

Wow people, stop eating so much gravel, bricklayers sand is so much smoother.

seriously though, I hope it works out for the 3 of you. tough time of year to not be feeling your best.

As for hot cross buns, as a person to does observe Easter, I've become used to the early cash in, we don't eat them till Good Friday in my home, the frustrating thing is that most places stop making them on Easter Monday and I want to eat them for weeks/months after Easter.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

(removed posts that were discussing/debating religion - as it breaches board rules)

Decepticon Guest

There was a report on Today Tonight last night about hotcross buns and Easter eggs hitting the supermarkets so early. Woolies and Coles have basically stated that they will sell these this time of the year as it makes them money!!

Wow!
    Arcee, Prowl and Jena; that is some really shocking news guys and I wish all of you the best of luck with your respective treatments, certainly not the sort of thing you'd want to start the year off with huh?

@Decepticon: How very unsurprising of the "Big Two" eh?...

Considering that a ridiculously large number of Aussies seem to go into what I dub "Armageddon Mode" whenever a public holiday rocks around, where people seem to rush to every supermarket in droves and buy up groceries like there is no tomorrow - I don't get it, are people unable to go without shopping for a day or something?
    (Maybe I've got too much of my parent's "Make Do" attitude? )