Page 353 of 481 FirstFirst ... 333343348349350351352353354355356357358363373 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

But CHUG is a great collective term for the classics style lines that have evolved from....well the "classics" line.

It's simple, easy to remember and people know exactly what you're referring to. I honestly don't see how a harmless acronym can be annoying.

Perhaps you could suggest an alternative then?

Yeah I hate acronyms too.

So anyway, I'm thinking of rearranging my collection and was wondering if you guys could help me decide on the new shelf arrangement? All my C.H.U.G stuff is looking pretty messy at the moment and spilling over into my 3P combiner shelves. Fortunately I don't have any P.R.i.D figures as I was never a fan of that line. Also with my MP figures I'm not sure whether to have MP-11, MP-6 and MP-7 grouped together as a team or spread out similar to how I have set up MP-12, MP-14, MP-17 and so forth. As far as the A.E.C lines go all I have is armada Starscream so who would he go with? I'm fairly happy with my TFA shelf so I think that can stay where it is.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I won an item on ebay item that was listed as "Figures are new unopened and in good condition MISB"... but arrives with the box opened and the figures had been removed from the plastic insert (even has the bit of string floating around behind the plastic insert).
    The seller had been on ebay since 1999, with 100% feedback at almost 300... so should have been reliable.
    It's an item I'd still want if I'd paid half what I won it at, but it is not worth the price I did pay... and even if I managed to get them to refund a return of it, I'd still be out about $100 for shipping it here and back.
    It's like a no-win situation when this happens, making it easy for people to get away with it.
    That's entirely unacceptable, I'd be following up with the seller for sure and telling him how disappointed I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Yeah I hate acronyms too.

So anyway, I'm thinking of rearranging my collection and was wondering if you guys could help me decide on the new shelf arrangement? All my C.H.U.G stuff is looking pretty messy at the moment and spilling over into my 3P combiner shelves. Fortunately I don't have any P.R.i.D figures as I was never a fan of that line. Also with my MP figures I'm not sure whether to have MP-11, MP-6 and MP-7 grouped together as a team or spread out similar to how I have set up MP-12, MP-14, MP-17 and so forth. As far as the A.E.C lines go all I have is armada Starscream so who would he go with? I'm fairly happy with my TFA shelf so I think that can stay where it is.

Trent, you're going to have to be more specific.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Damn Photobucket! Give me back my sig pic!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I won an item on ebay item that was listed as "Figures are new unopened and in good condition MISB"... but arrives with the box opened and the figures had been removed from the plastic insert (even has the bit of string floating around behind the plastic insert).
    The seller had been on ebay since 1999, with 100% feedback at almost 300... so should have been reliable.
    It's an item I'd still want if I'd paid half what I won it at, but it is not worth the price I did pay... and even if I managed to get them to refund a return of it, I'd still be out about $100 for shipping it here and back.
    It's like a no-win situation when this happens, making it easy for people to get away with it.
    The person has offered to refund half back, saying that they didn't even check the box when they listed a number of items they got from someone else. They didn't think it was anything important, so didn't bother to check if it was still sealed.
    If that's true and they do refund half, I think it will be a good reminder for them to check their items before listing them with acronyms like MISB.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    As far as the A.E.C lines go all I have is armada Starscream so who would he go with?
    Ha. Someone used AEC here the other day with no context around it, and I had no idea what they were talking about until I Googled it. I guess Unicron Trilogy has gotten too hard to type.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Ha. Someone used AEC here the other day with no context around it, and I had no idea what they were talking about until I Googled it. I guess Unicron Trilogy has gotten too hard to type.
    Wait. That's what that meant!?

Oh, and your comments re: the use of Masterpiece production designations sans the actual name of the figure, I concur with too :/ - I purposely try to use both Name & Designation as much as possible so that, through repetition, I can remember both via association so that when I see the lone production designation I know what the hell that person is talking about.

Doesn't help either with Hasbro, for no apparent reason, deciding to completely disassociate their releases' production numbers from that of TakaraTomy's.

The person has offered to refund half back, saying that they didn't even check the box when they listed a number of items they got from someone else. They didn't think it was anything important, so didn't bother to check if it was still sealed.
    If that's true and they do refund half, I think it will be a good reminder for them to check their items before listing them with acronyms like MISB.
    pretty good outcome.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Big W have decided to close their stores each weeknight from 9pm back to 7pm. This is the only time I go to the shops as there's less people in my way when I go at that time. Not happy. Target and Kmart can stay open til 9pm, so why not you BigW?
    That's probably why.
    Sounds like they weighed up the pros & cons and decided they'd save more $ by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Damn Photobucket! Give me back my sig pic!
    I like your new one better
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]