Page 380 of 710 FirstFirst ... 360370375376377378379380381382383384385390400 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    No I didn't. KO toys have been around a lot longer on eBay than the above mentioned auction and the Dino Cassettes
    And yet KOToys in the case of the Dino Cassettes, and every one of their projects listed, were not just the supplier but the manufacturer. On top of that, they were making not just the small stuff, but high end stuff. While it doesn't shut down all the manufacturers for them; the shutting down of KOToys is by its very nature, the removal (at least for now) of one of the KO manufacturers.

I'm not giving them any credit, only saying that with the closure of one direct online source for KO's with fixed pricing - regardless of which site it was, we're likely to see an increase of unscrupulous sellers flocking to other online sources such as eBay.
    Other sources still exist (I'm sure I saw 2 others mentioned somewhere), however KOTous were also at the very least, the agents for the manufacturers of some of the KOs and so they were the supplying the very scammers you bring up.

PS. I can read your comment just fine without you having to 'bold' certain parts.
    PS that 'bolding' was a general shot at KOToys

@ bowspearer - Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make when it appears as though we are both against KO's

Oh, and when you're quoting one of my posts, I take that as a direct reply to me not to someone who may or may not even visit this forum.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

bowspearer Guest

@ bowspearer - Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make when it appears as though we are both against KO's
    What you were saying was coming across as defending KOToys like they were just an online retailer, when in fact they were iirc, the actual manufacturers of some of the G1 counterfeits, and so your response in some ways was oxymoronic. I was simply addressing that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Wow, I'd always heard of that but never seen one before. that's pretty off the wall as a transformers toy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Hehe, now that's cool!

Another G1 Case find. Dead stock is awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:B:SS:US:1123

Another G1 Case find. Dead stock is awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:B:SS:US:1123

I'd pay $200 just for box they're shipped in
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

That's amazing, if legit (I don't think they were ever fully KOed). But since he's wanting a little over a thousand dollars for each figure, I wonder if it will sell. You can just imagine that they will go straight to be AFA graded... which would be the only way to make money off that hefty price tag.
    (someone has already asked if he will sell four of them for "just" $500 each)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's amazing, if legit (I don't think they were ever fully KOed). But since he's wanting a little over a thousand dollars for each figure, I wonder if it will sell. You can just imagine that they will go straight to be AFA graded... which would be the only way to make money off that hefty price tag.
    (someone has already asked if he will sell four of them for "just" $500 each)
    Yep - but look with the recent Hot Rod case find. They all went off to AFA and now AFA Hot Rods are everywhere! Great if youre buying one now.

If they were smart and looking to maximise profit they would have sold them off one at a time and not told anyone about the case.