Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: What spooky movie to watch this Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Jason X has the best death scene ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nPVtQJWZn8
    LOL, that's classic! Here's another ridiculous one, Bobby Peru death from Wild At Heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibCDxmMfbrY

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    LOL, that's classic! Here's another ridiculous one, Bobby Peru death from Wild At Heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibCDxmMfbrY
    Ha Ha. Awesome
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Saw Paranormal Activity 3 today, and was kinda disappointed. It almost expects a movie that explains or resolves the underlying occult theme of the trilogy, but that sort of story-telling may not be possible in the 'surveillance camera' format that makes these movies "famous".
    I can say that you definitely don't need to see the first two to see the third one, as it plays out events from their childhood that is referred to, but never explained in the first movies. There were a few loose ends I didn't like, and the reaction from the audience in the cinema with me were a lot of comments of disappointment at it ending the way it did.
    I also think it wasn't as scary as the first two. I think the second one was scarier... but if you plan to watch any, be aware that it is suspense-scary, with lots of waiting for something to jump out at you.

You mean "The Thing from Another World" (1951) or John Carpenter's "The Thing"? (1982)? Seen it before?
    John Carpenter's one, I saw it with my dad when i was 8. It scared me a lot =]
    ~

OMG Gantz, just watched Tucker and Dale VS. Evil *gasps for air* I haven't laughed so hard in ages, haha. Sheer brilliance!!

OMG Gantz, just watched Tucker and Dale VS. Evil *gasps for air* I haven't laughed so hard in ages, haha. Sheer brilliance!!
    A friend of mine just recommended this movie to me today. I guess I should probably check it out too...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

bowspearer Guest

If you're still looking for a good horror film, I'd recommend checking out The Tunnel (EDIT: It's basically a cross between the Blair Witch Project and an episode of Australian Story/a
    Four Corners expose). Not only is it an Australian horror film and a well done one at that, but it's a legitimate torrent release, so the download link I've posted here is completely legal.
    Last edited by bowspearer; 20th November 2011 at 10:39 PM.

Yep, I've got to agree that The Tunnel is quite an excellent film which I found to be rather surprising given that it is an Australian film; a worthy film of joining the ranks of Aussie horror.