Page 280 of 467 FirstFirst ... 260270275276277278279280281282283284285290300 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    Seams to be the norm for Western developers these days.
    Depends on the company. Rocksteady seems to be more console oriented. Other games seem to work best on PC like from Bethesda.

Apparently a lot of the glitches are due to the higher frame rates and resolution that PCs offer causing glitches - The game was optimized for console performance but anything higher and the game glitches out.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Apparently a lot of the glitches are due to the higher frame rates and resolution that PCs offer causing glitches - The game was optimized for console performance but anything higher and the game glitches out.
    It's a bit more than that, uncapping the frame rate causes minor physics problems. The real issue of Knight is the massive stuttering, freezes and missing gfx effects and textures not loading properly unless running from an SSD. This will be the posterboy for lazy ports for a while to come. MKX & BamHam Knight, both WBgames, both botched. I have concerns for Mad Max on PC

Pulling the game from sale says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    It's a bit more than that, uncapping the frame rate causes minor physics problems. The real issue of Knight is the massive stuttering, freezes and missing gfx effects and textures not loading properly unless running from an SSD. This will be the posterboy for lazy ports for a while to come. MKX & BamHam Knight, both WBgames, both botched. I have concerns for Mad Max on PC

Pulling the game from sale says it all really.
    That's weird as the PS4 doesn't natively come with an SSD drive as far as I know.

Hope they make a proper optimized release sometime soon but I guess the damage is done. PC gamers can be very unforgiving of stuff like this. I remember way back when the game 'Sin' came out. It was super hyped up but when it came out, it was glitchy as all hell requiring a 50MB patch that back in the day was unheard of. Everyone turned their backs on it despite the game not being bad otherwise.

Happy Birthday Hursti and congrats on the new PC! I have always felt that the PC is the definitive gaming platform. It is cheap to built if you know what you are doing and always remains ahead of the technology curve if properly maintained which is no more than a couple of hundred bucks every 3-5 years. In the long run, it comes out cheaper than keeping up with consoles and always with superior graphics and sound if plugged in properly.

In recent years, I have moved away from 'desktop' gaming and moved my gaming PC to the living room. It is difficult to go back when you are playing your favourite game on a big TV screen and running your sound through a Surround Sound system.
    A VERY late reply mate, but, thanks Kup!

The 1st thing I ever played a game on was a Commodore 64, then an Amstrad then a 286DX So you could say I was indoctrinated early on with PCs (Age 3 onward ) and have enjoyed many, MANY, MANY hours playing PC games - It is my preferred platform of choice.

That said, I also had the luck/benefit of having consoles during my childhood, but ALWAYS one generation behind my peers - You see, when all my friends etc were playing MSs/NESs, we had our Amstrad.

When they moved up to MD(II)s/SNESs, we finally got our 1st console... That oh so sweet Atari 2600.

Then when they moved to Saturns/PSXs/N64s, yep, we got a Megadrive II.

All the whilst continuing with PCs as our go-to boxes of fun, from 286DX to 486DX (+ 16bit Soundblaster card, oh man, hearing Doom for the 1st time & playing beyond <7fps! ), then to our Pentium 100, 166, Celeron 733 of which by this point we'd finally had a PS1 for about a year but everyone begun to start migrating to PS2s...

I finished High School with a Pentium III 1000Mhz and a PS2, I enjoyed both immensely but I'd always favour the PC simply because I could just do more with it as well as push/modify my games on it to far greater extents.

Honestly, I don't know what people are complaining about - To me this looks like Doom 1/2 only for 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jriioiliA

I loved the fast pace and challenge of the old Doom - I played both Doom 1 (all chapters) and Doom 2 to death. I loved the challenge of levels such as Doom 2 - Level 7 and so forth.

I wasn't a big fan of Doom 3 because instead of fast crazy action, it just became a survival horror game with a lot of darkness and a few scares that quickly got dull. The new Doom seems to have gone back to old school but with modern touches.
    Man, I stayed awake just long enough to catch the Bethesda presentation Live (via YouTube) and I was blown away by that Doom presentation!

I CANNOT wait to play that ****ing game, it's a return to what I too feel Doom was - Fast paced, frenetic fun without a reliance on heavily scripted events and poor lighting - Just a man, demons and weaponry that required one to simply point & click.

This game seems to be taking the gameplay of Doom/II and mixing it with the visuals of Doom 3, this is totally what I'm down with - I did have 2 reservations with what I saw however:
    1. There seems to be a restricted colour palette, between enemies and environments - I'd like to see Doom II's variance here.
    2. The enemies, to me, feel like they lean too much towards being "Aliens" rather than Demons and dragging their feet in a "Darksiders" design-aesthetic that I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on yet.

The game is still very clearly in development and I'm sure we've yet to see anything really near final, but holy hell do I overall like what I see...

"Can I Play (Now), Daddy?"

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Picked up South Park: Stick of Truth last night at USD$11. It's a game that doesn't go on sale too often, so figured it was a good chance to grab it.
    My Brother bought me Stick of Truth for my B'day, during the sale, and holy crap have I found it hard to put down!

I love this game, as a hella South Park fan, it caters to me in every way but it's also just a really easy to pick-up & play RPG with enough depth if you go looking for it - Just the menu/HUD is a little too "Controller"-focused...

Ehh, the porting is actually pretty darn good overall and if its sequel turns out to be anywhere near as enjoyable as this has been thus far, South Park's future could very well reside in Video Games - Kickass!

Also ridiculous easy to remove the censorship, just a cut and paste fix.
    Have you a link, dude, for any lazy buttholes like myself?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    nice one! what res is that monitor? what games you tried, what settings, performance? dad put together a new pc late last year but without the GPU so i've been umming and aahing about what to get. I'm leaning heavily towards the gtx 980ti but i'm going to wait and see what the amd fury x does. our monitor is 1440p and I want to play Witcher 3 on it at that res with everything (maybe except hairworks...) at ultra.
    The monitor's details you can find here mate, in short though - 1080p.

Game-wise I've really only played South Park: The Stick of Truth & Carmageddon: Reincarnation, so nothing that's really pushed it per-se but if you're aware of the issues some have had with running Carma:Regen smoothly - I'm able to run it at max settings and only really start having frame drops when Pinball mode is in effect, as the game's code is rendering dynamic deformation of the car models in real-time, something no other vehicular game is doing at the moment.

From what I understand about The Witcher 3, to run it at the levels you're hoping to you're going to need a reasonably high-end rig - I avoid AMD/ATi like a plague as I've never not had issues with their video cards, I'm a nVidia fan all the way and can't see that changing, so if you want to run a 980ti I suggest you have a machine that doesn't bottleneck it, this is going to be a costly venture however.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Should go good man.

I recently updated my base computer I last upgraded back in 2009 with the following:

Asrock fatality professional
    Intel xeon 1231v3
    nzxt kraken x31
    2x8gb Kingston fury red 1866.
    Gigabyte ati 280.

I also got that oem win8.1 as well. You should do the registry mod to get rid of that lock screen that is total not needed, only gets in the way, of desktop use. Goes straight to login screen instead.

Next upgrade in the short term is probably an nvidia 970 with a 4k ~28" screen. Still using my 24" dell I bought back in 2008. But me wanting to upgrade my car to flexfuel will probably back burner that. lol.

As for games, the only one I'm looking forward to is fallout 4.
    Thanks man, it's been treating me rather well and I look forward to playing on it, when & where time permits!

For 2009 dude those stats are pretty freakin' impressive!
    I've just upgraded from a 22" monitor to a 24" and I'm fairly satisfied, I really don't have the space for anything larger!

At this point I can only really see myself adding a Blu-Ray burner to it, possibly some fan-intake filters as dust is a real issue around my home and I want to have to internally clean it as seldomly as necessary.

Win 8.1 is proving to be alright thus far, I like to avoid going near the registry if I can help it so if I wanted to have the machine boot straight to the desktop, using auto-login, I'd probably just go about it the slightly longer way but as it is I don't mind having to login manually - Old Tafe-taught Security habits die hard.

Game-wise I'm looking forward to completing South Park and Carmageddon then cracking into my back-catalogue of Diablo/II/III as well as GoG & Steam libraries.
    I'd also like to get GTA V on PC once it comes down from that dumb $70 price point, but once Doom hits? - I'll be Knee Deep in The Dead!

That's weird as the PS4 doesn't natively come with an SSD drive as far as I know.

Hope they make a proper optimized release sometime soon but I guess the damage is done. PC gamers can be very unforgiving of stuff like this. I remember way back when the game 'Sin' came out. It was super hyped up but when it came out, it was glitchy as all hell requiring a 50MB patch that back in the day was unheard of. Everyone turned their backs on it despite the game not being bad otherwise.
    Mate, I friggin' loved that game and I too remember its early bugs - Once fixed though it was a really great story and brilliant use of Quake 2's engine, I've gotta play the Mission Pack and sequel one of these days!
    (Alexis SiNclair was HAWT! )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Have you a link, dude, for any lazy buttholes like myself?
    I do

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v3...d_Patch_v2.zip

To Install just extract the files to the games dir

Sauce

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks man, it's been treating me rather well and I look forward to playing on it, when & where time permits!

For 2009 dude those stats are pretty freakin' impressive!
    I've just upgraded from a 22" monitor to a 24" and I'm fairly satisfied, I really don't have the space for anything larger!

At this point I can only really see myself adding a Blu-Ray burner to it, possibly some fan-intake filters as dust is a real issue around my home and I want to have to internally clean it as seldomly as necessary.

Win 8.1 is proving to be alright thus far, I like to avoid going near the registry if I can help it so if I wanted to have the machine boot straight to the desktop, using auto-login, I'd probably just go about it the slightly longer way but as it is I don't mind having to login manually - Old Tafe-taught Security habits die hard.

Game-wise I'm looking forward to completing South Park and Carmageddon then cracking into my back-catalogue of Diablo/II/III as well as GoG & Steam libraries.
    I'd also like to get GTA V on PC once it comes down from that dumb $70 price point, but once Doom hits? - I'll be Knee Deep in The Dead!
    Oh no, that's what I'm currently running. Can't get those 6 years ago. I was running an amd 955be system. Was just released back then.

I played diablo and diablo 2 to death. I tried to give diablo 3 a go, but I only went up to the skeleton king and havn't touched it since. Total pile of crud that game.

GTA v, yea, I might get it one day. Looks much better than 4, that was a turd too. Loved gta3/vice/san andreas though.

I havn't really looked too much at the new doom yet, hopefully it's good. I'm really hanging for the 10th of November instead. I'm even thinking of putting in for that week off.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

shame about batman, they outsourced the pc port to an inexperienced small team, wtf were they expecting. i don't know why pc gamers have to get shafted with stuff like this. steam has over 125 million active users so you can't use the excuse of established player/console base. consoles get pirated too.

The monitor's details you can find here mate, in short though - 1080p.

Game-wise I've really only played South Park: The Stick of Truth & Carmageddon: Reincarnation, so nothing that's really pushed it per-se but if you're aware of the issues some have had with running Carma:Regen smoothly - I'm able to run it at max settings and only really start having frame drops when Pinball mode is in effect, as the game's code is rendering dynamic deformation of the car models in real-time, something no other vehicular game is doing at the moment.

From what I understand about The Witcher 3, to run it at the levels you're hoping to you're going to need a reasonably high-end rig - I avoid AMD/ATi like a plague as I've never not had issues with their video cards, I'm a nVidia fan all the way and can't see that changing, so if you want to run a 980ti I suggest you have a machine that doesn't bottleneck it, this is going to be a costly venture however.
    nice. yeah we put the pc together over the course of late last year/this year and i spoiled myself for my birthday with the evga 980ti a few weeks ago. it's great! i7 4790k and 16gb ram so no bottlenecks here only shame was i finished the game (after 150 hours) before i got it lol. just need to get through a couple of other games on my list and i'll start again!

RIP Iwata, hope your successor doesn't run head on into the mobile game direction.

Such horrible news... gone way too soon
    I'm sure his legacy will live on for many years to come though, so expansive was his influence in the company.

I do

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v3...d_Patch_v2.zip

To Install just extract the files to the games dir

Sauce
    Sweeeet! - Thanks man, VERY much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Oh no, that's what I'm currently running. Can't get those 6 years ago. I was running an amd 955be system. Was just released back then.
    I didn't think so, but then wasn't entirely sure - Still, very nice system indeed.

I played diablo and diablo 2 to death. I tried to give diablo 3 a go, but I only went up to the skeleton king and havn't touched it since. Total pile of crud that game.
    I bought Diablo III day 1... it remains unopened for many reasons Diablo 1 & 2 I only ever got 3/4s of the way through each - This needs to be ended.

GTA v, yea, I might get it one day. Looks much better than 4, that was a turd too. Loved gta3/vice/san andreas though.
    Been a fan of GTA since the original and nagging my Father to let us install Direct X 5! Each sequel has been superb, though 4 was a bit of a dip but only because mechanically it was a bit janked.

I havn't really looked too much at the new doom yet, hopefully it's good. I'm really hanging for the 10th of November instead. I'm even thinking of putting in for that week off.
    Doom is a must, a must! - But yeah, not a lot of info out at this point beyond the E3 reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    nice. yeah we put the pc together over the course of late last year/this year and i spoiled myself for my birthday with the evga 980ti a few weeks ago. it's great! i7 4790k and 16gb ram so no bottlenecks here only shame was i finished the game (after 150 hours) before i got it lol. just need to get through a couple of other games on my list and i'll start again!
    Hehe, sounds good man, also glad to hear that any possible bottlenecks have been avoided.

*snip*

RIP Iwata, hope your successor doesn't run head on into the mobile game direction.
    Very sad indeed, well before his time IMO - An EXTREMELY honourable gentleman who exceeded in technical prowess but more importantly, never lost sight of the common people and absolutely set the standard in how a CEO should behave when the company they're running isn't performing as it should.

He'll be surely missed.