PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Golden Phoenix
8th August 2009, 09:38 PM
Thinking of which, of the recent Transformers with fist holes, can they hold the Star Sabre?

Most Armada, Energon and Cybertorn figures can hold them. If they got a fist with a hole in it, they can probably hold the Star Saber or any other weapon with the same size grip.

Haven't tried it with other figures, but I have read that the Universe/Henkei Hot Shot/Rod can't hold the Star Saber, which is a shame

liegeprime
8th August 2009, 09:43 PM
I like the look of the air defence team, particularly the orbital plane one (Sonar?).

Thinking of which, of the recent Transformers with fist holes, can they hold the Star Sabre?

Classics Prime can - a little loose but fits just fine. Classics megs fits just right, not loose. Starscream and any of the Classics seekers can but tight.

blackoptimus
9th August 2009, 03:47 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to know if I could buy the plastic cases that come with the reissue cassettes, are there any 3rd party ones that are available individually?

jaydisc
9th August 2009, 04:03 PM
I'd say to just try and find regular micro-cassettes and take the cases from them, but they'l be pretty hard to find in this day and age I think.

liegeprime
9th August 2009, 06:24 PM
I'd say to just try and find regular micro-cassettes and take the cases from them, but they'l be pretty hard to find in this day and age I think.

Some microcassettes also have tabs to sit in the holes of the real cassettes and may not fit the holes design in TF cassettes. you may need to snap these off if they dont.

FFN
9th August 2009, 08:05 PM
On the subject of Armada, it was the last toyline I had fun with. I think the lack of articulation and the gimmickery made me appreciate them more purely as childrens toys. Ease of Transformation is another plus for just plain fun.

Perhaps THAT'S why it was such a successful toyline.

blackoptimus
9th August 2009, 10:41 PM
Are g1 metroplex's knee pads exactly the same for both Left and Right?

jaydisc
9th August 2009, 11:02 PM
Well, FWIW on Encore:

They look exactly the same to me, yet one has the letter "A" stamped on its back and the other has "B".

blackie
10th August 2009, 03:53 PM
did the korean version of CR brave max come with a techspec card?

1AZRAEL1
10th August 2009, 04:07 PM
Are g1 metroplex's knee pads exactly the same for both Left and Right?

Yep I'm pretty sure they are. Can anyone else confirm it?

GoktimusPrime
10th August 2009, 06:34 PM
did the korean version of CR brave max come with a techspec card?
Mine didn't. :( Although, I don't understand Korean, so I guess it's pretty moot. :p Also, Sonokong seem pretty haphazard with their tech spec cards - my Korean Mach Kick vs. Archadys came with tech specs for Archadys, Guiledart and Magmatron! Buh?! (o_O)

blackie
10th August 2009, 06:38 PM
Mine didn't. :( Although, I don't understand Korean, so I guess it's pretty moot. :p Also, Sonokong seem pretty haphazard with their tech spec cards - my Korean Mach Kick vs. Archadys came with tech specs for Archadys, Guiledart and Magmatron! Buh?! (o_O)

thats what i needed to know :)

Lint
10th August 2009, 08:52 PM
Is there anything that can be done to restore loose ball joints? Namely the two hip joints on my Noisemaze/Sideways.

Sky Shadow
10th August 2009, 08:58 PM
Is there anything that can be done to restore loose ball joints? Namely the two hip joints on my Noisemaze/Sideways.

One potential option is that you can take the hips apart, put clear nailpolish on the ball joints, wait for it to dry and then put it back together.

gantz
11th August 2009, 11:03 AM
just a quick question: when did Hot Rod start being named Hot Rodimus????

as far as I knew, he was always Hot Rod, then Rodimus Prime.

but every toy I see of him now (jap or aus) his name is Hot Rodimus. :confused:

GoktimusPrime
11th August 2009, 12:02 PM
"Hot Rodimus" is what Hot Rod has always been called in Japan, ever since 1986. In Japan Rodimus Prime is called "Rodimus Convoy."

"Rodimus" has become the standard name for Hot Rod now because Hasbro no longer holds the legal rights to the Hot Rod name. When Hasbro released their Hot Rod reissue they called him "Rodimus Major" which was a suck name, so now they just call him "Rodimus." Canonically Hot Rod's name had become "Rodimus" at the end of the Autobot-Decepticon war (re: Pax Cybertronia).

gantz
11th August 2009, 12:35 PM
thanks so much :D

blackoptimus
11th August 2009, 06:07 PM
Would there be a chance for a encore soundblaster? If so I hope it comes with either rumble/frenzy, I'm sick of stupid ravage and laserbeak bundles!!! GGGRRRR.... LOL I'd rather go to maca's and swap ravage for a cheese burger.

jaydisc
11th August 2009, 06:34 PM
I'LL GIVE YOU TWO CHEESEBURGERS FOR HIM!!!!! :eek:

dirge
12th August 2009, 10:33 AM
Ben, the recently announced cassette pack should still work out cheaper for Rumble & Frenzy than a Soundblaster reissue - even with the other two tapes.

Of course, if you want Soundblaster as well, you're going to end up with extra tapes no matter what you do...

GoktimusPrime
12th August 2009, 10:49 AM
TFC and Encore cassettes aren't always the same. For example, TFC Ravage and Buzzsaw come with special stickers that show an image of Fortress Maximus (which makes sense considering that Soundblaster is part of the Headmasters series), whereas Encore Ravage and Buzzsaw don't, instead they have the original tape window stickers. They also have extra Decepticon insignias tampos iirc.

dirge
12th August 2009, 12:46 PM
I think you've missed the point Gok... Ben doesn't _want_ more variations of these guys, when he doesn't have Rumble & Frenzy at all. On a limited income, I can understand Ben wanting to avoid duplicates - variants or not.

Soundblaster is certainly possible as an Encore, but given the recent cassette packs, it's tough to predict which cassettes he'll come with,

King Atlas
13th August 2009, 12:21 AM
Hey peeps, was wondering if I would cause any damage to transmetal blackarachnia if I tried to remove the chest plate, with force. Thanks.......

roller
13th August 2009, 02:00 AM
Hey peeps, was wondering if I would cause any damage to transmetal blackarachnia if I tried to remove the chest plate, with force. Thanks.......

well yeah considering its the spiders head

snaketales
13th August 2009, 11:25 AM
Hi
Why do some Micromasters have "macau" stamped on them?
Is that where they were manufactured?

jgon2098
13th August 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi
Why do some Micromasters have "macau" stamped on them?
Is that where they were manufactured?

Source: http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vstampings2.html

"The change in manufacture from Japan to Macau occured between 86/87. We
differentiate between the two stamping types due to the change from Macau
being stamped over Japan, versus Macau being integrated into the stamping in
later releases."

"Micromasters, Actionmasters are exclusively Macau-manufacture."

Yep I'm pretty sure they are. Can anyone else confirm it?

Yup

snaketales
13th August 2009, 04:28 PM
Well there you go. Thanks jgon.

blackoptimus
14th August 2009, 11:11 PM
Can someone please do a Transformers land Group order???

kaiden
14th August 2009, 11:29 PM
Is the Transformers collectors club worth joining?

blackoptimus
14th August 2009, 11:38 PM

Don't think so due to high prices.

Paulbot
15th August 2009, 11:05 AM

I've been a member for a year and a half. I don't think it's worth joining, and have only done so as it made getting the BotCon toys a little cheaper. Other than that there's no benefit to international fans. It's very expensive, you get a couple of magazines with news old by the time they arrive here, and a random repaint toy once a year.

Wheel-J
15th August 2009, 06:33 PM

Not quite sure if this is still relevant now but some months ago, there was a similar discussion about this. Click on the link below for a read on the board members' insights.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3287

;)

kaiden
16th August 2009, 03:08 AM
thanks that was a good read.

kaiden
18th August 2009, 11:15 PM
Wanted to ask for some help
I noticed in Jaydisk's signature that he is selling a henkei galvatron.
Can't use the trade thread or even private messages yet unfortunately. (I have no access to all the good stuff :P)
so could someone pass on a msg to him for me pointing here? I just wanted to know what condition,price and postage to adelaide is.

thanks.

blackie
18th August 2009, 11:19 PM
Wanted to ask for some help
I noticed in Jaydisk's signature that he is selling a henkei galvatron.
Can't use the trade thread or even private messages yet unfortunately. (I have no access to all the good stuff :P)
so could someone pass on a msg to him for me pointing here? I just wanted to know what condition,price and postage to adelaide is.

thanks.

done that for you

jaydisc
18th August 2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks everyone.

Henkei Galvatron is case fresh MISB, $31 before postage, and you'll need to give me your postcode for a postage quote.

TheDirtyDigger
19th August 2009, 10:59 AM
What G1 episode do the City Guardians appear? (blue Omega Supremes)

dirge
19th August 2009, 11:01 AM
War Dawn, I believe.

blackie
19th August 2009, 11:05 AM
What G1 episode do the City Guardians appear? (blue Omega Supremes)

i know exactly what made you think of that...

TheDirtyDigger
19th August 2009, 11:09 AM
War Dawn, I believe.

Much obliged.

i know exactly what made you think of that...

Well $140 US isn't bad.

Sky Shadow
19th August 2009, 11:30 AM
Well $140 US isn't bad.

For Gadep? Yes, that's not a bad price. Was that before postage or afterwards?

(Guardians also appear in Forever Is A Long Time Coming, but those ones are more purple than blue.)

blackie
19th August 2009, 11:54 AM
For Gadep? Yes, that's not a bad price. Was that before postage or afterwards?

(Guardians also appear in Forever Is A Long Time Coming, but those ones are more purple than blue.)

before
and postage wont be cheap

TheDirtyDigger
19th August 2009, 05:13 PM
What's the cheapest shipped price anybody has got Encore Bruticus for?

GoktimusPrime
19th August 2009, 05:14 PM
I paid about $105 for mine all up.

blackoptimus
19th August 2009, 09:57 PM
I have a G1 snaptrap and when you push down the arms the hands extend, but when you push up the arms are they suppose to retract because when I push the for-arm back up, the fist don't retract by them selves.

Paulbot
19th August 2009, 09:59 PM

I paid $110.85 for mine.

Sky Shadow
19th August 2009, 10:47 PM
I have a G1 snaptrap and when you push down the arms the hands extend, but when you push up the arms are they suppose to retract because when I push the for-arm back up, the fist don't retract by them selves.

No, they only 'auto-transform' the one direction. Otherwise his fists would retract every time you bent him at the elbows in robot mode, which would be daft, particularly since he's supposed to be holding a gun and a sword in them at the time.

jaydisc
21st August 2009, 12:27 PM

A$97

kaiden
22nd August 2009, 01:22 AM
im planing to order the 25th anniversary Soundwave which doesnt come with rumble+frenzy

im not looking for the original g1. so would my best choice be encore reissues?

kup
22nd August 2009, 01:28 AM
No, they only 'auto-transform' the one direction. Otherwise his fists would retract every time you bent him at the elbows in robot mode, which would be daft, particularly since he's supposed to be holding a gun and a sword in them at the time.

That's correct:

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/f/f2/G1Snaptrap_toy.jpg

autobreadticon
24th August 2009, 07:34 PM
any1 else brought JRX and got burnt? I just brought another JRX when stock @ toyarena indicated they were getting low.

so im playing with it and one side the joints are stiff while the other is fine, but im missing a tech spec card c-13, :mad: my money!!!!! Should i spam attack toyarena on ebay or what should i do

Paulbot
24th August 2009, 07:36 PM
any1 else brought JRX and got burnt? I just brought another JRX when stock @ toyarena indicated they were getting low.

so im playing with it and one side the joints are stiff while the other is fine, but im missing a tech spec card c-13, :mad: my money!!!!! Should i spam attack toyarena on ebay or what should i do

Is your JRX in a Korean box? The tech spec cards in the Korean releases are a bit random IIRC.

Sky Shadow
24th August 2009, 08:05 PM

According to what you've written above, the only thing wrong seems to be that you're missing a tech-spec card. Unless you forgot to mention something else, it doesn't seem like anyone's really been 'burned' and it hardly warrants an attack on the seller (particularly when the fault was almost certainly Sonokong's, not the seller's.) Try to be happy - you've bought a fantastic gestalt (in my opinion, probably the best in Transformers' 25-year history), and the Sonokong version is leagues better than Hasbro's. :)

autobreadticon
24th August 2009, 09:52 PM
According to what you've written above, the only thing wrong seems to be that you're missing a tech-spec card. Unless you forgot to mention something else, it doesn't seem like anyone's really been 'burned' and it hardly warrants an attack on the seller (particularly when the fault was almost certainly Sonokong's, not the seller's.) Try to be happy - you've bought a fantastic gestalt (in my opinion, probably the best in Transformers' 25-year history), and the Sonokong version is leagues better than Hasbro's. :)

oh i forgot mention that his other Korean beast wars toy i purchased had rust on it :p

Vector Prime
24th August 2009, 11:05 PM
Just out of curiosity, what goes on in the Vector Sigma thread that I'm not allowed access to?:confused:

And how do you gain access to it?:o

Paulbot
24th August 2009, 11:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, what goes on in the Vector Sigma thread that I'm not allowed access to?:confused:

And how do you gain access to it?:o

The second rule of Vector Sigma is: You don't talk about Vector Sigma.

The real answer is ask Griffin privately. ;)

hungta
25th August 2009, 08:49 PM
I was thinking about getting the art books (visual works, generations etc)

How many books are out there though?

blackie
25th August 2009, 09:16 PM

3rd one is just being released now :)

Paulbot
25th August 2009, 09:19 PM

There's a couple of art books from the US as well as the Japanese ones, such as the Ark books with character models, an IDW art book and one large hardcover of mostly fan art.

From Japan there's several books with lots of toy photos. There's a cartoon character guide art book plus that Visual Works book. A lot of the Japanese books include art pages.

hanprimus
26th August 2009, 09:27 AM
Does anyone knows whether Takara E-hobby C-78B Hot Rod comes with a tech spec card? I couldn't find any info on the internet regarding the contents of it, thanks in advance!

dirge
26th August 2009, 10:33 AM
I can't speak for Black Hot Rod, but my Ghost Starscream came with a sort of "transparent" blue tech spec card. Most e-Hobby toys do come with their own tech spec card, and as far as I know, all of the pre-encore cards were unique to the e-Hobby toy. That's the case for all of my e-Hobby toys. My encore-era Green Ratchet has a regular Encore Ratchet card.

STL
26th August 2009, 06:36 PM
I can't speak for Black Hot Rod, but my Ghost Starscream came with a sort of "transparent" blue tech spec card. Most e-Hobby toys do come with their own tech spec card, and as far as I know, all of the pre-encore cards were unique to the e-Hobby toy. That's the case for all of my e-Hobby toys. My encore-era Green Ratchet has a regular Encore Ratchet card.

Thanks for that! I was very close to purchasing one recently just for the tech spec card and now that I know I'm not gonna bother :D

GoktimusPrime
26th August 2009, 07:19 PM
Dark Rodimus does indeed come with a tech spec card.
Reference (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Hot_Rod)

griffin
26th August 2009, 11:53 PM
That's wiki image is not accurate. The image of a 'biocard' is actually taken off the packaging. Both sides of the 'biocard' is actually pictured on the back of the packaging, over the battle-scene (you would have to cut out both from the packaging, and glue together to make up the biocard). And since the entire packaging is B&W, the 'biocard' is also B&W.

SilverDragon
27th August 2009, 06:46 PM
Are there any Transformers that glow in the dark? I know CatSCAN does, but are there any others?

Also, is the Animated AllSpark Almanac out here yet?

jaydisc
27th August 2009, 06:55 PM
Also, is the Animated AllSpark Almanac out here yet?

Yes

blackoptimus
30th August 2009, 03:30 PM
Are there any specific differences between G1 1984 frenzy and 1986 frenzy? Also what's the difference between rub and pre rubbed besides not having a rub sign. e.g any stamping differences etc.?

Sky Shadow
30th August 2009, 04:07 PM
Are there any specific differences between G1 1984 frenzy and 1986 frenzy? Also what's the difference between rub and pre rubbed besides not having a rub sign. e.g any stamping differences etc.?

The first 1984 Frenzy had metal feet, silver weapons and came from Japan. 1986 Frenzy had plastic feet, gold weapons and came from Macau.

Sam
30th August 2009, 10:23 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before ... I got a question about Japanese cartoon series of Transformers.

I know that for the US cartoon, the Headmasters portion only lasted a few episodes but the Japanese version went on for much longer.

Before Japanese had their Headmasters portion ... was the G1 cartoon exactly the same as the US version?

Main reason I am asking is because I am curious about how the Autobots (of the Japanese version) got their "Athenia" base. Hope I'm making sense.... thanks!

GoktimusPrime
30th August 2009, 10:47 PM
Before Japanese had their Headmasters portion ... was the G1 cartoon exactly the same as the US version?
Pretty much, yes. There are a few minor discrepancies, such as RIRFIB (whereas the US cartoon is notoriously FIRRIB) and season 3 occurs in 2005/6 whereas in Japanese continuity it occurs in 2010. Oh yeah, Scramble City. But otherwise it's the same. :)

Main reason I am asking is because I am curious about how the Autobots (of the Japanese version) got their "Athenia" base. Hope I'm making sense.... thanks!
The planet Athenia was first seen in "Five Faces of Darkness Part 1." It was a really weird non-spherical planetoid (like the planet of Junk, only not made of garbage) and was the place where the first Galactic Olympics were held. By the time of "The Headmasters" (2011) Athenia had become heavily terraformed into a completely spherical planet and colonised by Autobots.

Paulbot
30th August 2009, 10:57 PM
I know that for the US cartoon, the Headmasters portion only lasted a few episodes but the Japanese version went on for much longer.

Probably should also note that "Rebirth" does not happen in the Japanese storyline. The Headmasters series takes place after "The Return of Optimus Prime" and gives them a totally different origin.

ITZTRU
30th August 2009, 11:58 PM
Hi all...

I'd search, but as a newbie, I don't think I have access to that function yet, nor so I have access to a lot of the other threads and sections...so...

Just wondering if anyone knew where I could find a Palisades Shockwave Statue and a Wheeljack one also?

Thanks in advance!

Sam
31st August 2009, 12:36 AM
Thanks to Gok and Paulbot for your responses, they are very informative.

What does RIRFIB stand for? :)

blackie
31st August 2009, 12:47 AM
Rumble is red frenzy is blue :)

roller
31st August 2009, 09:30 AM
Snookums where is G1 transforming Snarls copyright stamps? ta

liegeprime
31st August 2009, 04:50 PM
Snookums where is G1 transforming Snarls copyright stamps? ta

Inner right thigh sweetie:p

blackoptimus
31st August 2009, 04:53 PM
im planing to order the 25th anniversary Soundwave which doesnt come with rumble+frenzy

im not looking for the original g1. so would my best choice be encore reissues?

Get universe version, it's the same as encore except you get more cassettes and you get different box.

blackoptimus
31st August 2009, 04:57 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before ... I got a question about Japanese cartoon series of Transformers.

Japanese
Season 1
Season 2
Transformers Scramble City EP
Transformers 2010(The same as Season 3 but with the name Transformers 2010)
Transformers Headmasters
Transformers Super God Masterforce
Transformers Victory
Transformers Zone

U.S
Season 1
Season 2
The Movie
Season 3
Season 4

I'm not sure if Jap even had the movie????

Sam
31st August 2009, 06:33 PM
RIRFIB = Rumble is red frenzy is blue :)

I must be the only one here who doesn't know these acronyms! Someone do a list of TF related acronyms and sticky-it please? :)

Japanese
Season 1
Season 2
Transformers Scramble City EP
Transformers 2010(The same as Season 3 but with the name Transformers 2010)
Transformers Headmasters
Transformers Super God Masterforce
Transformers Victory
Transformers Zone

U.S
Season 1
Season 2
The Movie
Season 3
Season 4

I'm not sure if Jap even had the movie????

I checked: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers_%28cartoon%29

and it says that the Animated Movie was released in Japan in 1989.

liegeprime
31st August 2009, 10:23 PM
Q: Is there any significant reason - e.g. back story/history- as to why the Alternity Megs and Op comes in 3 variant colors? oh and is it just colors that varied - same vehicle type/class/model?

dirge
1st September 2009, 12:39 AM
Snookums where is G1 transforming Snarls copyright stamps?

Inner right thigh sweetie:p

You two gunna get a room or what? :eek:

Golden Phoenix
1st September 2009, 01:05 AM
Q: Is there any significant reason - e.g. back story/history- as to why the Alternity Megs and Op comes in 3 variant colors? oh and is it just colors that varied - same vehicle type/class/model?

From what I remember: The Red Prime is G1 Prime (or a G1 like prime), the Silver one is an Alternate Universe Prime, who comes to make Prime an Alternity.
The Black one is a Nemisis Prime who reforms and becomes a good guy again, although he is a whole lot more aggressive.

Not sure about Megs though

Jaisun
1st September 2009, 08:58 AM
Hello all =o)

Well, I have been a member here for over a week now, and I have gathered a list of questions that have been sitting in my brain for some time that I hope you guys would feel kind enough to help me with =o)

Well, here goes:

-Going by Wave order, RotF Arcee, Thrust etc have not yet arrived in my local area (latest stock I've seen is Blaze Master/Ice Cream Twins/Dead End etc), yet I have seen reports of Aussies having bought them at their local stores already. So would it be wise to just be patient for the new stock to come in, or should I be scouting eBay for them because I may have already missed them? The release date on the schedule says October 1st, but department stores are lousy for doing anything by the book.

-When/how do I qualify to be made a member to view the private pages? I would very much like to use the trade pages to possibly trade out some figures I have for some new ones, and also to see what others have for sale to extend my collection.

-Do we have any members here that are a source of 'reasonable' imports? By this, I mean someone who regularly orders direct from Hasbro and/or TakaraTomy that you can place an order with, but doesn't hide costs in the postage like so many do on eBay (e.g. $24.95 for deluxe figure, $55.00 postage... -.-).

-Do we have any members here that are good with pricing? As I am a collector on a tight-ish budget, I would like to know that what I may possibly spend on an import/rareity on eBay is a decent deal, if that makes any sense (e.g. Alternity Convoy (Red) on eBay for $AU90.00+$AU30.00 postage = good deal or way too much?)

-Is this a fair community in general when it comes to trades? Say, for example, do people gladly trade something they want for something you want (of similar value ofcourse), or do they ask for overheads etc? Dunno if that makes sense sorry, I'm hell tired, but basically, is it all in the name of Transformers fun and fairness, or in the name of profit?

Thanks in advance everyone =o)

TheDirtyDigger
1st September 2009, 10:05 AM
Hello all =o)

Well, I have been a member here for over a week now, and I have gathered a list of questions that have been sitting in my brain for some time that I hope you guys would feel kind enough to help me with =o)

Welcome.

Well, here goes:

-Going by Wave order, RotF Arcee, Thrust etc have not yet arrived in my local area (latest stock I've seen is Blaze Master/Ice Cream Twins/Dead End etc), yet I have seen reports of Aussies having bought them at their local stores already. So would it be wise to just be patient for the new stock to come in, or should I be scouting eBay for them because I may have already missed them? The release date on the schedule says October 1st, but department stores are lousy for doing anything by the book.

Wait. You should see them in store soon enough.

-When/how do I qualify to be made a member to view the private pages? I would very much like to use the trade pages to possibly trade out some figures I have for some new ones, and also to see what others have for sale to extend my collection.

Patience grasshopper. All in good time.

-Do we have any members here that are a source of 'reasonable' imports? By this, I mean someone who regularly orders direct from Hasbro and/or TakaraTomy that you can place an order with, but doesn't hide costs in the postage like so many do on eBay (e.g. $24.95 for deluxe figure, $55.00 postage... -.-).

We do group orders from retailers and wholesalers on a regular basis to cut costs but no one buys from Hasbro or Takara directly.

-Do we have any members here that are good with pricing? As I am a collector on a tight-ish budget, I would like to know that what I may possibly spend on an import/rareity on eBay is a decent deal, if that makes any sense (e.g. Alternity Convoy (Red) on eBay for $AU90.00+$AU30.00 postage = good deal or way too much?)

Just ask the question regarding each individual item when you are looking at it. Many, many members know what a bargain and what a rip is.

-Is this a fair community in general when it comes to trades? Say, for example, do people gladly trade something they want for something you want (of similar value ofcourse), or do they ask for overheads etc? Dunno if that makes sense sorry, I'm hell tired, but basically, is it all in the name of Transformers fun and fairness, or in the name of profit?

In general, yes. Many people sell here at an excellent price from time to time. Some people try to sell but not make a loss and hardly anyone here tries to sell at an exorbitant profit.

Gutsman Heavy
1st September 2009, 12:24 PM
(e.g. Alternity Convoy (Red) on eBay for $AU90.00+$AU30.00 postage = good deal or way too much?)

I'm not sure if its a good deal or not, but Shin Tokyo has the Alternity's for $90 members price. That way you can pick them up yourself without the hassle of postage driving up the cost.

jaydisc
1st September 2009, 12:52 PM
IMO, if you can find the red Convoy for under $100, you're doing well. As for the rest of the line, up to $60 and you're doing well.

EDIT: These prices included shipping

bruticus
1st September 2009, 01:20 PM
Alternity Convoy (Red) on eBay for $AU90.00+$AU30.00 postage = good deal or way too much

wat the? My friends and i each bought MISB red alternity convoy for 66AUD shipped, back in march-ish with a group order.... and i thought that $66 was expensive at the time. LOL.

120AUD is a big rip off IMO...I should have bought more if i knew it was gonna blow out to be that much in such a short period of time...
Its also pewny compared to the alternators/binatech scale and doesnt have as much die cast parts as you would think...

but meh, what do i know about current market values on ebay...

Jaisun
1st September 2009, 02:21 PM
@TheDirtyDigger

Thank you for your answers, very appreciated =o) Sorry if I came across as impatient, it was merely a curiosity.

I'm not sure if its a good deal or not, but Shin Tokyo has the Alternity's for $90 members price. That way you can pick them up yourself without the hassle of postage driving up the cost.

Wow, good to know, ty =o) I doubt they'll have a red Convoy, but worth a try. Should at least score a silver Megs =o)

wat the? My friends and i each bought MISB red alternity convoy for 66AUD shipped, back in march-ish with a group order.... and i thought that $66 was expensive at the time. LOL.

Hehe, I'd gladly shell out 66 clams for one of those, but because I've been collecting 'out of the loop' until now, I had no idea on new releases, release dates etc.

Thanks to all =o)

autobreadticon
1st September 2009, 02:44 PM
Can someone with attatik catalogue please tell me the rairty ratio for Energon Starscream (Vehicle mode)?

Also verify the differences of HOC Starscream from Boss Coffee promotions and Botcon

Can someone verify that IDW energon TPB page picture quality is worse than the original DW release?

Is there a comic frame or some reference to show Atari being prosessed by Starscream in the Kissplayer comics?

Any details on Botcon 2006 Megatron availability?

thanks

snaketales
2nd September 2009, 10:18 PM
One of my sons asked me this...

Are there more Autobots in total than Decepticons?

I'm inclined to say yes but if anyone has a qualitative answer I'd love to hear it.

roller
2nd September 2009, 10:33 PM

I'm inclined to say yes but if anyone has a qualitative answer I'd love to hear it.

That is correct, there are more Autobots then decepticons. There are always more heroic characters then evil ones in all the Tf series.

cept Machine wars i think, i believe they were equal

liegeprime
2nd September 2009, 11:48 PM

Sorry but Im too lazy to do headcount:o
Just with looking at my collection of G1, G2, Classics/2.0 Universe, Animated, Alternators - Yes the Autobots outnumber the Decepticons.

For the movie though theres more Decepticons than Autobots
The rest I cant really tell:o

Sky Shadow
3rd September 2009, 05:58 AM

There are more Autobot toys than Deceptions. We have also seen more Autobot characters than Decepticons. Whether there are more Autobots than Decepticons from an in-universe point of view, however, would depend on the franchise.

TheDirtyDigger
3rd September 2009, 07:15 AM
Can someone with attatik catalogue please tell me the rairty ratio for Energon Starscream (Vehicle mode)?

Also verify the differences of HOC Starscream from Boss Coffee promotions and Botcon

Can someone verify that IDW energon TPB page picture quality is worse than the original DW release?

Is there a comic frame or some reference to show Atari being prosessed by Starscream in the Kissplayer comics?

Any details on Botcon 2006 Megatron availability?

thanks

Can anyone please help Bread out with these queries? I know the answer to none of them.

roller
3rd September 2009, 09:53 AM

Verified

i saw it last week

GoktimusPrime
3rd September 2009, 12:43 PM
I don't know exactly how rare it is, but I'd say it's pretty rare. I've collected quite a lot of TF Attacktix boosters and I've never come across that figure. But this is just a personal anecdote, I don't have any more solid evidence.

canofwhoopass_87
3rd September 2009, 05:09 PM
For international purchases, is there an alternative to paypal? I'm after something a little more secure but just as easy to use :confused:

jaydisc
3rd September 2009, 06:32 PM
Define what you mean by "secure".

Vector Prime
3rd September 2009, 06:38 PM
I thought Paypal was secure?

Bank account, credit card details are kept private from the seller... buyer protection... etc :confused:

canofwhoopass_87
3rd September 2009, 07:19 PM
Yeh but if something goes wrong, paypals buyer protection is limited for purchases outside of the hellgates of ebay. i.e there's a chance you won't get your money back if the seller pulls a macdodgy.

I was told "escrow" is a safer option by the owner of transformerland, was hoping there'd be other popular alternatives out there which I don't know about.

Is there'd a word? It doesn't look right :D

Jaisun
3rd September 2009, 09:43 PM
Is there'd a word? It doesn't look right :D

In Australia, yes =oP It's our tradition to lazily abbreviate spoken words, and no one, I repeat, NO ONE can ever take that away from us! The ultimate example being our stereotypical catch phrase; G'day =oP

jaydisc
4th September 2009, 12:19 AM
Yeh but if something goes wrong, paypals buyer protection is limited for purchases outside of the hellgates of ebay. i.e there's a chance you won't get your money back if the seller pulls a macdodgy.

Credit cards offer this basic protection, and thus, any credit-card-funded PayPal transactions are also covered by your credit card company. Ask your issuer for information on their Transaction Dispute process.

SilverDragon
4th September 2009, 07:25 PM
How much does the Animated AllSpark Almanac cost?

roller
4th September 2009, 09:11 PM
i saw it in Sydney for $30

ITZTRU
7th September 2009, 04:09 PM
Could someone please provide a link to the differences between the two MP Grimlocks? Not having a search option is giving me the s**ts...

GoktimusPrime
7th September 2009, 05:11 PM
Original MP Grimlock pic (http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1236604587_MP_Grimlock.jpg)
Toy Hobby MP Grimlock pic (http://images.toywizard.net/0001/toyhobby-mp-08x-king-grimlock.jpg)

Basically the latter is repainted with US G1 comic colours and has a crown instead of the tray and helmet thingy.

ITZTRU
7th September 2009, 05:23 PM
Woah...definately prefer the original colors...awesome...I know which one to buy now (if ever I give into temptation...which I know I will soon...)

Thanks for that info!

Vector Prime
7th September 2009, 08:58 PM
link from September Acquisitions (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=128459&postcount=57)

Are Perceptor and Insecticons re-issues of the G1 mold (like Takara Encore) or are they brand new Universe molds (with articulation, etc)?

Gutsman Heavy
7th September 2009, 09:13 PM
re-issues

Lordy
8th September 2009, 11:34 AM
link from September Acquisitions (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=128459&postcount=57)

Are Perceptor and Insecticons re-issues of the G1 mold (like Takara Encore) or are they brand new Universe molds (with articulation, etc)?
Reissues. Strange thing is for an US release, the missile on Perceptor haven't been changed to massive long ones to suit new toy requirements, like the ones on Pinkimus, and you have to put the labels on the Insecticons, but Perceptor has all his labels put on in the factory.

Also the instructions are crap as per most recent TF releases. I used Botch's online instruction site to look up the original instructions for all four of them.

GoktimusPrime
8th September 2009, 12:41 PM
Perceptor's missile launcher's launching mechanism is most likely rendered inoperable. When the first Hasbro reissues came out a lot of people complained about the unsightly over-lengthed missiles, so Hasbro compensated with subsequent reissues by keeping the missiles the same length but making the launchers inoperable. Unfortunately with early reissue moulds Hasbro seems reluctant to modify them this way, hence why Pinkimus has those f'ugly missiles even though it's a relatively recent reissue.

Lordy
8th September 2009, 02:28 PM
Perceptor's missile launcher's launching mechanism is most likely rendered inoperable. When the first Hasbro reissues came out a lot of people complained about the unsightly over-lengthed missiles, so Hasbro compensated with subsequent reissues by keeping the missiles the same length but making the launchers inoperable. Unfortunately with early reissue moulds Hasbro seems reluctant to modify them this way, hence why Pinkimus has those f'ugly missiles even though it's a relatively recent reissue.
Yeah, the launcher has been crippled on Perceptor. Time to pull a pen apart for the spring :D

Wheel-J
8th September 2009, 10:26 PM
I was thinking of posting a followup query on the Hasbro Q&A section. But since I'm not sure bout how to ask, I opted to put it here first.

Last year (Oct 2008 (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2498)*), Hasbro mentioned that they "will evaluate the possibility for one retailer exclusive item in 2009 from the Takara range".

Question that I would ask the board:
1) Are there any Takara toys been released here locally this year?

Question to Hasbro if the answer to above is no or not yet by the time that Oct/Nov Qs are to be submitted.
2) What is the outcome of the evaluation? Are we still yet to expect a Takara exclusive this year (like MP Grimlock or alternity for example)?

*Source

5 - Are there any plans to bring over more Japanese Takara exclusives, like Masterpiece Convoy and Ultra Magnus?
We do have visibility to Takara exclusives and we will evaluate the possibility for one retailer exclusive item in 2009 from the Takara range. As background, on top of getting retailers to range the more expensive Takara product range, it is not an easy process to get Takara product into Australia given the nature of the product. Hence we are never able to offer the entire range but rather a select one or two.

loophole
8th September 2009, 11:37 PM
does anyone know of any good sites or ebay sellers that have Japanese transformers for sale such as Headmasters and powermasters and alike

Doubledealer
9th September 2009, 06:53 AM
Ebay is all I can think of. My advice is do an advanced search for 'G1 headmaster' under the toys category, make it a saved search (that way you'll get emailed whenever a new headmaster is put up on ebay) and also tick 'available to Australia'.

jaydisc
9th September 2009, 12:55 PM
ksgj3 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-53470-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574719522&toolid=10001&campid=5336043815&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fstores.shop.ebay.com.au%2FKSGJ03-Online-Toy-Store_Transformers_W0QQ_fsubZ2QQ_sidZ111001372QQ_t rksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322) has a few, but mostly expensive MIB/MISB.

rampagesss
9th September 2009, 07:08 PM
Ok something i have always wondered, what comes first the cartoon and movies or the toys.

e.g. do hasbro and others design the toys first then draw the cartoons around how the toy works and looks. Or does the cartoon come first, then they have to make it look like it does on the show:confused:

sorry if the qusestion is hard to understand :o

Sky Shadow
9th September 2009, 07:40 PM
Ok something i have always wondered, what comes first the cartoon and movies or the toys.

e.g. do hasbro and others design the toys first then draw the cartoons around how the toy works and looks. Or does the cartoon come first, then they have to make it look like it does on the show:confused:

sorry if the qusestion is hard to understand :o

It depends. The first two years of G1 were toys first. The new characters in Transformers: The Movie were designs before toys, but the rest of the Season 3 characters were toys first. Beast Wars was toys first and scanned in 3D to make their animation models. Beast Machines was like a blindfolded game of Chinese whispers in a hurricane between toymakers and animators (and a bit of both). Most of the Japanese cartoons including Robots In Disguise were toys first, as was 'The Unicron Trilogy'. The 2007 movie and ROTF were designs before toys. Animated was more of a symbiosis between animation and toys. So yes, it varies.

GoktimusPrime
9th September 2009, 09:18 PM

e.g. do hasbro and others design the toys first then draw the cartoons around how the toy works and looks. Or does the cartoon come first, then they have to make it look like it does on the show
Generally speaking the toys come first. If a decision is made to put a toy into a cartoon or comic book then they have to design a cartoon or comic model based off that toy.

It basically worked like this:
G1: toys first, comics second, cartoon third
G2: toys first, comics (and cartoon, though there wasn't much originality in it) second
BW: toys first, cartoon second, comics third
BM: toys first, cartoon second, comics third (though as Sky Shadow said, the communication between toy designers and animators wasn't done very well)
Car Robot (RID): toys first, cartoon second, comics third (not that we got many)
Unicron Trilogy: toys first, comics and cartoon second
Movie: movie first, toys and comics second
Animated: toys, cartoon & comics conceived simultaneously (more or less)

So _usually_ the toys come first, but there are exceptions.

ITZTRU
10th September 2009, 03:19 PM
Is this statement true?

***Just a quick note to those who collect Transformers out there: With the exception of a select few figures or figures which were only released in Japan, it is common consensus among most Transformers collectors that many of the American versions of these figures are more collectible and sought after than their Japanese counterparts (some are even USA only exclusives), and thus are more more valuable. (This is obvious when comparing the prices the figures sell for!)***

It's off some guys eBay page selling "Heroes of Cybertron" figures on US eBay

Kyle
10th September 2009, 03:34 PM
Is this statement true?

***Just a quick note to those who collect Transformers out there: With the exception of a select few figures or figures which were only released in Japan, it is common consensus among most Transformers collectors that many of the American versions of these figures are more collectible and sought after than their Japanese counterparts (some are even USA only exclusives), and thus are more more valuable. (This is obvious when comparing the prices the figures sell for!)***

It's off some guys eBay page selling "Heroes of Cybertron" figures on US eBay

There is no "common consensus". :p

GoktimusPrime
10th September 2009, 05:06 PM
I find that highly sought after items are more influenced by the laws of supply and demand. i.e.: things that are of low supply (thus being rare) and of high demand are thusly highly sought after! (gasp!)

For many collectors living in Hasbro markets, Japanese exclusive toys are more highly sought after because they were never released here. Many of us would drool over a Lio Kaiser. Yet for a lot of people living in Japan, items that were only available here but not in Japan would make their jaws drop.

I remember once I had a Transfan from Japan see my collection for the first time, and the first thing he drooled over was the 1989 Pretenders and Targetmasters (e.g.: Longtooth, Needlenose etc.) Later when I brought him to dirge's place, he pretty much glanced over Lio Kaiser and Landcross, but was drooling over things like Action Masters! It was the first time I'd ever seen anyone before get so excited about those kinds of toys, and it's simply because they were never released in Japan. I've also seen Americans get really excited over toys like Action Master Sideswipe, Motorvators and the 1992 Constructicons which I often find cheap at markets, but the Yanks will pay through their nose for it. An American Transfan I was speaking to on an international board was so jealous that I have Action Master Thundercracker - an unimpressive gold and pink repaint of Action Master Starscream! But it's because this toy was never released in North America, so I don't blame him.

So it's all relative. Toys that were never available in your market obviously have a more exotic appeal. I personally get really excited over the Deluxe Insecticons cos they were never released in Australia. This doesn't mean that I would pay obscene prices for them, but yeah... they thrill me. :)

autobreadticon
11th September 2009, 05:05 PM
Anyone got any information they would like to share about Botcon customize class Inferno?? :)

Sky Shadow
11th September 2009, 05:22 PM
Anyone got any information they would like to share about Botcon customize class Inferno?? :)

Um... it was pretty much an unpainted Cybertron Scrapmetal that was then put together and painted by the customisers? They generally looked something like this?

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/7/78/Universe2003toy-InfernoBotCon.jpg

liegeprime
19th September 2009, 11:33 PM
Just wanted to know if there was any Transmetal version of Tigatron?

Hopefully if there is, its not an exclusive figure... Im trying to collect now the main characters in the series but prefer their TM version if they had one in toys wise. Otherwise as in the case of Silverbolt, I just get the plain only version. Cheers.

Autocon
20th September 2009, 03:00 AM
Just wanted to know if there was any Transmetal version of Tigatron?

Hopefully if there is, its not an exclusive figure... Im trying to collect now the main characters in the series but prefer their TM version if they had one in toys wise. Otherwise as in the case of Silverbolt, I just get the plain only version. Cheers.

yes and yes its a botcon exclusive

liegeprime
20th September 2009, 10:21 AM
yes and yes its a botcon exclusive

thanks.

Aaaww:(:( botcon exclusive ( means Kaching kaching$$$):(:(, just made me sad... might have to settle for a non botcon version, if I could find one.

canofwhoopass_87
20th September 2009, 10:00 PM
Oke.. no idea what these are, the black guns may be of g2 origin. Also, the unused sticker sheet is unknown. Approx worth of each would be great to know as well :) Any ideas?

Linthart
20th September 2009, 10:11 PM
the little bot looks like a brainmaster. but the super brite colours make it look like a KO.
is that just the picture?

liegeprime
20th September 2009, 11:58 PM
The 2 black guns on the left side are guns of outer and inner bot for Pretender Jazz. the middle little bot is a Brainbot for Braver/ Lightspeed(motorvator), the red little piece is a clip for Jetfire. The black gun on the right is Nightbeat's gun - I think someone here wants this one. The orange thingie is right shoulder armor for roadbuster. I have no idea whose is the sticker sheet... yet

canofwhoopass_87
21st September 2009, 12:03 AM
Ah cool thanks liege. I'm still not sure about the little "brainmaster" though. I've looked through cobraislandtoys.com and the colour schemes on this little guy don't matchup with any on the list, including braver. You sure dude?

roller
21st September 2009, 12:05 AM
If that nightbeat gun ever becomes on sale

i should very much like to purchase it :)

liegeprime
21st September 2009, 12:17 AM
oops should be Blacker's brainmaster not braver's

canofwhoopass_87
21st September 2009, 12:19 AM
Yeh sure roller the nightbeat gun is yours. Should arrive early this week. Umm

http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1989/blacker.html

Blacker is is black and red though? This little bot is blue and red. I'm confused. Is it a KO?

liegeprime
21st September 2009, 12:29 AM
Yeh sure roller the nightbeat gun is yours. Should arrive early this week. Umm

http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1989/blacker.html

Blacker is is black and red though? This little bot is blue and red. I'm confused. Is it a KO?

not sure, yep he is black and red transtector body but the little brainbot does match his transtector body color wise, prolly Ko, prolly

canofwhoopass_87
21st September 2009, 12:31 AM
Hmm according to that cobra link though, the little brainbot is also black and red.

liegeprime
21st September 2009, 12:40 AM
hmmmprolly KO, well Id liek to see the KO transtector body they made ..

rampagesss
21st September 2009, 02:58 PM
Just thinking about it today, who was in the G1 cartoons the longest apart from Prime?
e.g. soundwave was in the very first episode and lasted into the headmasters where he died.
Jazz was also in the first episode and lasted longer than Soundwave in headmasters
so who else lasted the longest?

GoktimusPrime
21st September 2009, 03:19 PM
Jazz was also in the beginning of Season 3. Bumblebee/Goldbug has appeared in all four US seasons and in The Headmasters. Megatron/Galvatron has also appeared in all US seasons and The Headmasters; in fact, he's featured in more episodes than Optimus Prime since he never actually died like Prime did.

ITZTRU
21st September 2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry people...I'm dead certain that this has been asked and answered so many times...

but...

why is it that from time to time, people tend to type text_like_this.

is it an otca thing? reference to something tf related? or am i just out of touch with online lingo such as teh, !!!11one and FML??

(ps - still cant search...)

GoktimusPrime
21st September 2009, 07:04 PM
why is it that from time to time, people tend to type text_like_this.

is it an otca thing? reference to something tf related? or am i just out of touch with online lingo such as teh, !!!11one and FML??
Nothing to do with Transformers or OTCA, it's a traditional (old skool) online way of underscoring text which was commonly used back when online boards, chatrooms, email etc. didn't have all the fancy font and board codes that we have now (remember that we're looking at the way online communities operated before the advent of the internet age back when we used to log onto local BBSs via dial up modems like this (http://www.oftheeising.com/images/500/modem-500.jpg) :D).

So back in those days we would do _this_ to underline a word or phrase.
For bold or italics we would use asterisks like *this*. <grin> B^)

Reference (http://www.alsindependence.com/Internet_Slang.htm)

ITZTRU
21st September 2009, 07:47 PM
Odd...I used to log onto BBSs myself with the good old 33.6's and I don't recall the underlining of text that way. Maybe I just have forgotten or never really took notice...

oh well...either way...thanks for clearing it up! :)

Kyle
21st September 2009, 08:03 PM
That was before 33.6's :p

canofwhoopass_87
21st September 2009, 09:26 PM
Alrighty thanks heaps for the info liege. I've taken some close ups of the "brainbot", the sticker sheet and some other random light grey piece. A few identification clues;

- The brainbot does seem to be made of a cheaper plastic, has no stampings
- The sticker sheet belongs to a decepticon :p, most likely a small figure as the sheet itself isn't very big
- The grey piece looks like an armour shard of some sort, it's not broken and is hollow

Really not sure what they are or who they belong to. Help is appreciated :)

The 2 black guns on the left side are guns of outer and inner bot for Pretender Jazz. the middle little bot is a Brainbot for Braver/ Lightspeed(motorvator), the red little piece is a clip for Jetfire. The black gun on the right is Nightbeat's gun - I think someone here wants this one. The orange thingie is right shoulder armor for roadbuster. I have no idea whose is the sticker sheet... yet

roller
24th September 2009, 01:52 AM
deeeerrrrrrrrrr its 1am where is everybody?

Gutsman Heavy
24th September 2009, 01:12 PM
deeeerrrrrrrrrr its 1am where is everybody?

I was watching Stargate, man that Teal'C is crazy.

GoktimusPrime
24th September 2009, 02:45 PM
I was sleeping as I have this crazy thing called a day job!

RageOnTheRoads
27th September 2009, 06:39 PM
Hi,ya guys and gals. It's a bit of a longshot, but I was wondering if anyone knew the story behind this? Any ideas as to who or how? I know there is a stamp on the image but I can not, for the life of me read it.

ITZTRU
27th September 2009, 07:12 PM
Hi all. Is this legit? I'm not familiar with the box. Is it a UK version? Alternatively...i can't check the classifieds yet...anyone have a decent g1 grimlock for sale? :)

ITZTRU
27th September 2009, 07:13 PM
oops....forgot link:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300349617051&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sky Shadow
27th September 2009, 07:35 PM
Hi all. Is this legit?... oops....forgot link:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It looks legitimate to me - and looks like a good item too.

ITZTRU
28th September 2009, 08:16 AM
Oh well. Missed out on that one...
What would I expect to pay for a decent G1 grimlock anyway? For example, is this one ok?

link (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-G1-GRIMLOCK-100-Complete-Vintage-DINOBOT_W0QQitemZ270459918168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Action_Figures?hash=item3ef8aad758&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

Could/Should I wait for something better and cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

Sky Shadow
28th September 2009, 10:08 AM
Oh well. Missed out on that one...
What would I expect to pay for a decent G1 grimlock anyway? For example, is this one ok?

link (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-G1-GRIMLOCK-100-Complete-Vintage-DINOBOT_W0QQitemZ270459918168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Action_Figures?hash=item3ef8aad758&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

Could/Should I wait for something better and cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

My recommendation is, unfortunately, don't buy a G1 Grimlock these days unless it looks kind of old/well loved. When it's loose and minty it could easily be a Chinese knockoff or have knockoff parts. And if you're buying one with a box, make sure you never get one with 'DINOBOT BOMMANDER' written on the front. :) In this case you probably could find something cheaper, but at least this one looks authentic.

Autocon
30th September 2009, 10:43 PM
optimal optimus, im having truoble firing the missiles how do you do this?:o

a good resource for the instructions please

snaketales
30th September 2009, 11:22 PM
Try this:

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Transformers_Beast_Wars_Heroic_Maximal_Optimal_Opt imus.pdf

(sorry if the link doesn't work but cutting and pasting the address should be fine)

It's what I used when I got my Optimal Optimus.

canofwhoopass_87
10th October 2009, 01:35 AM
Three questions;

1. What are the fold out things under the lower arms of g1 eject and rewind? Do they serve a purpose?

2. I'm trying to display soundwave in bot mode with buzzsaw on his left arm raised in the air (gun in his right) but his upper body keeps slouching forward. Anyone know how to get around this?

3. Besides different flame stickers and the metal feet, are there any other differences between original g1 targetmaster hot rod and the tfc reissue?

GoktimusPrime
10th October 2009, 10:00 AM
1. What are the fold out things under the lower arms of g1 eject and rewind? Do they serve a purpose?
Are you talking about their hands?

liegeprime
10th October 2009, 10:34 AM
Three questions;
2. I'm trying to display soundwave in bot mode with buzzsaw on his left arm raised in the air (gun in his right) but his upper body keeps slouching forward. Anyone know how to get around this?

If your soundwave is kinda vintage like my irginal one you might need to spread his feet so they face opposite directions a bit thus stabilizing his upper torso for your desired pose, if that doesnt work, try a bit of blu tack.

GoktimusPrime
10th October 2009, 10:44 AM
Feet pointing outward is what I like to call the "Hanna (http://blog.media-freaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/flintstones.jpg) Barbera (http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/C/htmlC/cartoons/cartoonsIMAGE/cartoons2.JPG) stance (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y5TwdoOLPTI/SOZjaYYL6KI/AAAAAAAADIU/XAd5SDxHFvE/s400/yogibear100308.jpg)." :D

canofwhoopass_87
10th October 2009, 11:06 AM
Yeh it is the original g1, but it's a solid figure, no looseness. I've tried pointing the feet outward \ / instead of l l and it does help to some extent, but not enough to force an upright standing position. He's fine without buzzy, but loses the coolness factor without that little birdy on his arm ready to take off.

Gok, I meant the little fold out things circled in the image below.

...or are those really his hands?

Vector Prime
10th October 2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah they're really his hands :(

GoktimusPrime
10th October 2009, 11:23 AM
Haha, yes, those are his hands. :) And they're _not_ the worst hands by 1986 standards; that award would have to belong to Wheelie. I bought that toy back in '86 and I didn't even notice he had hands until months later! (o_O)

Autocon
11th October 2009, 03:06 AM
one of my jetstorm missiles has snappped off inside the launcher. i pushed it lil bit further in thinking it may fire the broken half out but it didnt:o

any help in removing the missile without damage? i thought tweezers:confused:

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2009, 11:41 AM
have you tried diassembling the launcher? which Jetstorm (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetstorm) btw?

Towers_Spy
11th October 2009, 11:58 AM
Just a quick question, i think this is where to post it *shrugs*
How much would you pay for a MISB Universe Cyclonus on ebay? There's one for $40 plus postage, and i'm thinking that's steep but then again i'm a cheapskate :P
thanks

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2009, 01:32 PM
It's a Deluxe so I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.

Towers_Spy
11th October 2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks Gok, thats what I thought. I asked the seller about doing a better deal but they were a bit rude about it so whatever :P I'm sure another one will come up :)

Vector Prime
11th October 2009, 04:59 PM
Just a quick question, i think this is where to post it *shrugs*
How much would you pay for a MISB Universe Cyclonus on ebay? There's one for $40 plus postage, and i'm thinking that's steep but then again i'm a cheapskate :P
thanks

Have a look at this one: MISB Universe Cyclonus (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Universe-Deluxe-Cyclonus-Figure-in-Box_W0QQitemZ270439289421QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item3ef770124d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

A bit more than $30 including shipping but if you get any additional stuff off him, you pay half price postage on each subsequent purchase.

He's got some other Universe figures for sale so check it out.

I've bought off him in the past and find that although he's slow in responding to emails, his products are as described and come very well packaged.

Autocon
11th October 2009, 06:11 PM
have you tried diassembling the launcher? which Jetstorm (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetstorm) btw?

beast wars

blackoptimus
11th October 2009, 06:56 PM
On my G1 piranacon, I put nautilator and overbite as the feat. But it's super tight when plugging them into the feet pads, it even made small stress marks in the interior of the circle. Has anyone had smilier issues? This is only Nautilator and overbite, not skalor,tentikill or seawing.

GoktimusPrime
11th October 2009, 09:51 PM
How much would you pay for a MISB Universe Cyclonus on ebay?

Have a look at this one: MISB Universe Cyclonus
Sorry to nitpick but I think you guys mean MOSC (Mint On Sealed Card), not MISB (Mint In Sealed Box). :) :)

Towers_Spy
12th October 2009, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=Vector Prime;133910]Have a look at this one: MISB Universe Cyclonus (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Universe-Deluxe-Cyclonus-Figure-in-Box_W0QQitemZ270439289421QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item3ef770124d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)QUOTE]

Cheers VP, looks nice :) I'm noy usually a fan of buying from overseas, but if he has an alright rep, then I'll take a look

GoktimusPrime
12th October 2009, 10:23 AM
NOTE: Nightstick is incorrectly coloured in that photo!
From tfwiki: "Early Hasbro photos showed Cyclonus and Nightstick with considerably more beige than the final retail release. This was a factory mistake that was corrected before any toys hit stores.....no retail versions feature this factory mistake, some prerelease samples did." (reference (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cyclonus_%28G1%29#Generation_1_Series))

I suspect this was taken from an early prototype stock photo which means it may NOT be the photo of the actual toy that he's selling. If so I would demand a photo of the actual toy so you can see for yourself its condition etc. (never trust stock photos)

Here are photos of what the toy _should_ look like:
http://www.parrygamepreserve.com/images/transformers/universe/deluxe/wave4/cyclonus1_S.jpg
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/d/db/UniverseCyclonusCorrected.JPG

Also, if you're more of a fan of "show-likeness" then you might consider Henkei! Henkei! Cyclonus:
http://images.toywizard.net/0001/henkei-cyclonus.jpg
http://i3.6.cn/cvbnm/21/5c/aa/747d89570fa2356f3722bcac96c5f6cf.jpg

I personally prefer Universe Cyclonus, but admittedly I prefer toy-accuracy over show likeness, but for people who prefer show-likeness I'd recommend Henkei. :)

bruticus
12th October 2009, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know for sure if the Universe Unicron (Armada Supreme class unicron re-issue) will ever be released in australia??

If so, when?

Towers_Spy
12th October 2009, 07:06 PM
NOTE: Nightstick is incorrectly coloured in that photo!

i thought so! i just figured i was mistaken through my lack of knowledge :P nice to know though, i'll definately remember to ask for a photo of the actual item.
I also prefer Universe, cant really say why but i do :)

Jaisun
12th October 2009, 09:22 PM
Can someone please let me know if those little papers that come with Takara releases (the ones with unique codes on them) have any kind of use, or if they are just rubbish?

Cheers =o)

optimus1
12th October 2009, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know for sure if the Universe Unicron (Armada Supreme class unicron re-issue) will ever be released in australia??

If so, when?

I dont think its going to be released here. I'm disappointed also for those who didnt get the chance to pick him up during Armada/Energon.

I think its in one of Griffin's Q & A sections

Lordy
12th October 2009, 10:31 PM
Bummer. Ah well, time to try overseas.

Vector Prime
12th October 2009, 10:35 PM
MISB Unicron $100 Shipped (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Universe-Unicron-G1-Movie-Free-Shipping_W0QQitemZ260489140366QQcmdZViewItemQQptZA U_Action_Figures?hash=item3ca65cd88e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2009, 09:02 AM
Can someone please let me know if those little papers that come with Takara releases (the ones with unique codes on them) have any kind of use, or if they are just rubbish?
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=201

:)

Jaisun
13th October 2009, 02:00 PM

Tyvm Gok! =o)

A couple more questions though... Does filling these out do anything? And I've kinda mixed them up and I have no clue which slips to match with which barcodes, so is it just a matter of trying the ID to each barcode until it doesn't error?

bruticus
13th October 2009, 04:47 PM

Cheers =o)

what sort of free stuff do you get from Takara after you fill in the online survey?

Starscream212
13th October 2009, 06:06 PM
Hey i was counting my transformer figures trying to use the universal method and i was wondering if the human figures count?
I have a bunch from the 2007 movie screen battles line and Sam from the 2009 human alliance line.

Im pretty sure they dont count because of ARTICLE 1 section 3? But ive never heard of gobots or machine robos (the examples given), so i have nothing to compare them to!

thanks some clarity would be appreciated!

Robzy
15th October 2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone seen any reviews for the 25th anniversary TRU G1 Insecticons reissue set? I've found a couple on youtube, but was wondering if anyone has a link to one I can read, with some close up pics perhaps.

liegeprime
15th October 2009, 11:51 PM
Hey i was counting my transformer figures trying to use the universal method and i was wondering if the human figures count?
I have a bunch from the 2007 movie screen battles line and Sam from the 2009 human alliance line.

Im pretty sure they dont count because of ARTICLE 1 section 3? But ive never heard of gobots or machine robos (the examples given), so i have nothing to compare them to!

thanks some clarity would be appreciated!

As far as I know, they dont count.

Starscream212
16th October 2009, 02:56 PM
Ok thanks alot liegeprime

rampagesss
17th October 2009, 06:45 PM
Just wondering if the Powermaster Prime was re-issued here in Aus? never saw one in toys r us and i am now after one
This is the one i am talking about
http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!BcYKjtQCGk~$(KGrHqQH-EYEquVLEsYUBK0Pzzse)!~~_3.JPG

griffin
17th October 2009, 08:06 PM
Just wondering if the Powermaster Prime was re-issued here in Aus? never saw one in toys r us and i am now after one
This is the one i am talking about
http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!BcYKjtQCGk~$(KGrHqQH-EYEquVLEsYUBK0Pzzse)!~~_3.JPG

Nope, not here unfortunately.
Go here (http://www.otca.com.au/archive1.html#csr), and scroll up a little for this:

Powermaster Optimus Prime (series 2) - Autobot - US TRU - Not released in Australia

blackoptimus
18th October 2009, 05:07 PM
Um.. I've been thinking, is there a chemical that could ware down the plastic of the piranacon hand post and the feet post? Because they are insanely tight and I'm worried that the next time I apply the feet/hands into the figures, that post will break.

canofwhoopass_87
18th October 2009, 11:50 PM
Just twist the fists and foot plates when gently removing them from the figures. Don't push the posts all the way in when you transform into the combined Piranacon display.

Um.. I've been thinking, is there a chemical that could ware down the plastic of the piranacon hand post and the feet post? Because they are insanely tight and I'm worried that the next time I apply the feet/hands into the figures, that post will break.

rampagesss
19th October 2009, 06:40 PM
Just wondering, looking at some Japanese G1 catalogues It looks like the C114 Frotress Maxmius came with a smaller sword for Cerebros
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/Rampage_017/MASTERFORCEC11.jpg

Just wondering because i just bought the sword for fort max and was wondering how hard it would be to track down the smaller sword

liegeprime
19th October 2009, 06:53 PM
really hard rampagess, best to buy a repro small sword like that one produced ny that darkov guy in TFW.... cheaper and nearly looking like the real thing AFAICT. not to mention cheaper....

rampagesss
20th October 2009, 12:53 PM
really hard rampagess, best to buy a repro small sword like that one produced ny that darkov guy in TFW.... cheaper and nearly looking like the real thing AFAICT. not to mention cheaper....

Ah and he does have it as well :D thanks for that i will order it from him :D

Also liegeprime, do you have a link for the pics you drew in your sig?

canofwhoopass_87
27th October 2009, 02:24 AM
I'm a huge G1 series 3 fan but there's a bit of imbalance on my display. On one side I've got

Autobots
Rodimus
UM
Kup
Blurr
Springer
Wreck Gar
Sky Lynx
Wheelie

and on the other

Decepticons
Galvatron
Cyclonus
Scourge
Soundwave
Runamuck
Runabout

Any decepticon character suggestions to even things out? (Not including combiners or bases - as I already have these). More influential series 3 figures preferred. I can't be bothered watching the eps again. I was thinking astrotrain or maybe octane.

Also, would it be prudent to assume the G2 line will increase in considerable market value (on par with g1) over the next few years?

TheHandsomeCrab
27th October 2009, 03:09 AM
No, because G2 was nowhere near as popular as G1 and sealed G2 figures are still fairly easy to acquire; in the 90's people tagged onto the fact that old action figures were collectable so did a lot of "investment" buying.

And the only '86 figures you haven't excluded are Gnaw, Octane and Ratbat.

GoktimusPrime
27th October 2009, 08:53 AM
Soundwave is a 1984 mould, not '86; although he was still in production in 1986. Also from 1986 are Spectro, Spyglass and Viewfinder (Reflector). :)

Sky Shadow
27th October 2009, 11:07 AM
Any decepticon character suggestions to even things out? (Not including combiners or bases - as I already have these). More influential series 3 figures preferred. I can't be bothered watching the eps again. I was thinking astrotrain or maybe octane.

Since you seem to be talking about the cartoon, Ratbat is pretty much the only Galvatron-allied Season Three Decepticon left. Gnaw's allegiance is with the Quintessons and Octane is Galvatron's enemy. He does appear (probably as a generically selected animated Decepticon) in a few Decepticon crowd scenes in Five Faces of Darkness and The Ultimate Weapon, though, so I'm sure he'd be welcome on your shelf just as long as Galvatron doesn't notice him. :)

canofwhoopass_87
27th October 2009, 02:30 PM
Yeh I've already got gnaw; but he sits next to the quints. Doesn't quite fall under the "decepticon" banner for me either.

I felt soundwave was influential enough in the 3rd series to earn a place next to galvatron. Octane and ratbat are pretty good suggestions, but the high quality KO releases of these do make me a little apprehensive.

Thanks all

snaketales
28th October 2009, 11:10 PM
Are you meant to be able to see G1 Blurr's face when you've transformed him into car mode? It looks weird :confused:

canofwhoopass_87
29th October 2009, 12:42 AM
Yeh it doesn't fully close actually. So don't go trying to force that cover on top of is head, it'll snap!

SilverDragon
11th November 2009, 01:38 PM
Target's having a sale on Animated Leaders, being sold for only $35.

I finish my HSC tomorrow, and am considering getting Megatron (because I have a thing for robots with swords) for a end-of-exam treat (before going on a massive sugar rush with friends and doing karaoke). Is the toy good enough to pay $35 for?

snaketales
11th November 2009, 02:06 PM
Target's having a sale on Animated Leaders, being sold for only $35.

I finish my HSC tomorrow, and am considering getting Megatron (because I have a thing for robots with swords) for a end-of-exam treat (before going on a massive sugar rush with friends and doing karaoke). Is the toy good enough to pay $35 for?

I think it is. Nice helicopter and robot mode.

Paulbot
11th November 2009, 03:13 PM
Look at this way: You can get Megatron for a third of the regular retail price.

A big discount often makes me buy stuff I normally wouldn't (such as Universe Storm Cloud recently).

Gutsman Heavy
11th November 2009, 06:04 PM
I paid a lot more for animated Megs, and came away happy, at $35 its a steal.

Wheel-J
11th November 2009, 06:55 PM
And if you decided to buy one, don't forget you may want to consider a little adjustment to make him more poseable. ;)
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2372

SilverDragon
11th November 2009, 08:02 PM
Considering the price compared to the regular price, the fact that I've been wanting it for a while but have been deterred by the price, and the fact that I want to get something EPIC for a post-HSC thing, yeah, Megs will be mine.

Seraphim Prime
12th November 2009, 11:58 AM
Considering the price compared to the regular price, the fact that I've been wanting it for a while but have been deterred by the price, and the fact that I want to get something EPIC for a post-HSC thing, yeah, Megs will be mine.

My post-HSC toy was Energon Omega Supreme. :) My mother had bought it early for Christmas, but I saw the large box in the car, and she decided it could be my post-HSC present.

Which is cool, because it then meant that I ended up getting 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime for Christmas instead! :)

SuspectimusPrime
15th November 2009, 01:08 PM

Animated Megs has some really awesome-sounding ratchet joints, a quality paint job, and smooth high-quality plastic all-around!! There's a good review by Peaugh on YouTube if you need it <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NtGDDc_s1Y>.

Hope you did well in your HSC!

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th November 2009, 12:29 PM
Anybody know of any news on the release of Season 3 of Animated? Amazon.com has it listed, but has no release date and its been like that for aaaaages.

GoktimusPrime
16th November 2009, 12:51 PM
There doesn't appear to have been any more news other than the Amazon listing. :(
http://tformers.com/transformers-animated-season-three-coming-out-on-dvd-eventually/12619/news.html

I have a noob question to ask! In the Transformers movies, how do they get the vehicles to drive around but without appearing to have drivers inside them? I know this must be like a really old special effect cos it's been done so many times before on film and TV (e.g. K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider etc.) but I've always wanted to know _how_ they do that?

Are the vehicles remote controlled or are there stunt drivers in them who are hidden from the camera or somehow optically (nowadays digitally) removed? When I was a little kid I assumed that KITT was radio controlled, but now that I think about it, I don't think I ever had any evidence or reason to assume this. And now when I think about it, it wouldn't it probably be stunt drivers? I can't imagine someone driving a Concept Camaro on two wheels via radio control.

griffin
16th November 2009, 01:51 PM
I think one way would be by actually having them inside the seat. A specially constructed seat back could be worn and they sit on the car seat (or attached to it to prevent movement) crouching down enough to resemble (from the outside) an empty seat.

Starscream212
16th November 2009, 04:52 PM
In ROTF you can see some of the drivers in the car, an example is when Sam suggests he turn himself in, and Bumblebee gives him a nudge you can see a crew member in the driver seat instead of Bumblebee moving on his own.

G1Optimal
16th November 2009, 05:01 PM
When I was a little kid I assumed that KITT was radio controlled, but now that I think about it, I don't think I ever had any evidence or reason to assume this. And now when I think about it, it wouldn't it probably be stunt drivers? I can't imagine someone driving a Concept Camaro on two wheels via radio control.

That Radio Controlled car comment, made me think of that "Mythbusters" stunt that went wrong.:D

Autocon
16th November 2009, 10:50 PM
is there a special way to open the human alliance boxes? minimal fuss:D

GoktimusPrime
17th November 2009, 12:07 PM
In ROTF you can see some of the drivers in the car, an example is when Sam suggests he turn himself in, and Bumblebee gives him a nudge you can see a crew member in the driver seat instead of Bumblebee moving on his own.
NNNNNNAAAAAAWWWWW! You're ruining the magic! :p :p I'm gonna have to look out for that next time I watch ROTF! I had to freeze-frame my DVD a few times to get a good look at that Decepticon with the "T-1000" tattoo on his arm (reference to Terminator). :)

Bartrim
17th November 2009, 02:37 PM
I had to freeze-frame my DVD a few times to get a good look at that Decepticon with the "T-1000" tattoo on his arm (reference to Terminator). :)

Where is this?

GoktimusPrime
17th November 2009, 07:20 PM
It's the Decepticon Protoform warrior who had his head blown off by NEST forces. If you look at his upper right arm you can see "T-1000" tattooed on it. Apparently it's because ROTF and Terminator Salvation were having their CGI SFX rendered right next door to each other at ILM so Michael Bay wanted to put in a small nod to that movie. I wanna see Terminator Salvation now!

canofwhoopass_87
18th November 2009, 12:55 PM
Any way to get g1 runamuck and runabout to stand upright in bot mode without leaning back? I find I have to have them supported by something.

liegeprime
18th November 2009, 12:58 PM
Any way to get g1 runamuck and runabout to stand upright in bot mode without leaning back? I find I have to have them supported by something.

Blu Tack :o

1AZRAEL1
18th November 2009, 12:59 PM
I have the same problem, as do most people I reckon. I think the only other way is to take it apart and putting in a stronger spring (wherever it is) Failing that, I use blue tack :p

Gutsman Heavy
18th November 2009, 01:18 PM
I use those transparent rubber bands that come in toy packaging.

kup
18th November 2009, 03:18 PM
I get Runamuck and Runabout to stand up right but maintaining a bit of forward friction on their back wheels.

Simply roll the motor back wheels a couple of rounds, it will be enough to push the figure straight but not enough to go forward:

http://www.geocities.com/wow_frostwolf/2009/3-2.jpg

BTW Bluetack is a very bad idea, it discolours surfaces over time.

Lint
18th November 2009, 03:24 PM
I use those transparent rubber bands that come in toy packaging.

Those things are remarkably useful. Unlike their packaging cousins, the twisty ties.

1AZRAEL1
18th November 2009, 03:28 PM
BTW Bluetack is a very bad idea, it discolours surfaces over time.

Damn, well I better fix all the ones I got it on when I get home.

dsaint
18th November 2009, 07:45 PM
Sorry this might have been answered, but has anyone got tips on how to keep MP Megatron standing up in robot mode?

Back at my old place where he could roam free, he would often fall from the shelf and if I was sleeping, onto my head! Getting him to stand and stay still was almost impossible. His good friend and neighbour Hordak had sticky tape on his feet (without which he was impossible to stand as well), but I didn;t want to use anything on Megs with sticky properties for fear of ruining his handsome
visage.

kup
18th November 2009, 08:26 PM
If he is holding the fusion canon then it would be tricky as the canon is way too large and heavy for the figure - Someone should actually make a smaller custom canon for him *hint* *hint* ;)

If he is without the canon then there is something wrong as MP Megatron is fairly stable without it as his joints are ratchets..

GoktimusPrime
18th November 2009, 09:59 PM
I stand mine with the cannon. You just gotta splay the legs out so that the natural inward pressure makes them "pinch" the surface.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/collection%202009/collection_003.jpg

Standing him without the fusion cannon is too easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vYCqNbzRjg). ;)

rampagesss
19th November 2009, 03:48 PM
What, if any are the difference between the Japanese Overlord and the Europe release Overlord?
I looked on tfwiki.net and it said
"Initially exclusive to Japan, Overlord's toy was later released in Europe and Australasia with a veeeeery slightly different shade of purple plastic"

Is that the only difference between the two?

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2009, 10:52 PM
I wasn't even aware of that difference! I don't know as I've never seen a European/Australasian Overlord IRL, they're freaking RARE. I've seen a few Takara Overlords but never a Hasbro one. Ironic, no? ;)

reillyd
20th November 2009, 10:43 PM
Can anyone help me ID this Hasbro 1988 toy? In this months previews catalog, there's an ad for Lee's Toy Review 207, on page 323. He's an amazing looking transformer, and this issue is devoted to 1988 Hasbro releases. It looks like the head is of a headmaster, and he's some sort of vehicle that launches a rocket and has a cab at the front. But the weirdest thing is, there's a mini-con port on his chest, which would obviously predate Armada quite significantly. I've looked at a box art archive for 1988 release Autobots, and can't find any one that he matches. I'm guessing he's obscure, but I don't have any better way of describing him other than that.

blackie
20th November 2009, 11:06 PM
Can anyone help me ID this Hasbro 1988 toy? In this months previews catalog, there's an ad for Lee's Toy Review 207, on page 323. He's an amazing looking transformer, and this issue is devoted to 1988 Hasbro releases. It looks like the head is of a headmaster, and he's some sort of vehicle that launches a rocket and has a cab at the front. But the weirdest thing is, there's a mini-con port on his chest, which would obviously predate Armada quite significantly. I've looked at a box art archive for 1988 release Autobots, and can't find any one that he matches. I'm guessing he's obscure, but I don't have any better way of describing him other than that.

double dealer?
http://tfu.info/1988/Decepticon/Doubledealer/doubledealer.htm

Doubledealer
20th November 2009, 11:52 PM
You rang? :D

dirge
21st November 2009, 10:12 PM
From memory Doubledealer was sold as a Decepticon, although he's actually a mercenary who changes sides. I guess this was to offset Punch/Counterpunch, who was sold as an Autobot the previous year.

Jaisun
23rd November 2009, 06:41 AM
Hey guys =o)

I just wanted to check with you guys if I did alright in these two auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290370581409
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290370582495

The reasons I am asking, is that these are my first step into the daunting realm of Vintage (courtesy of the SA Meet yesterday =oP) so I am clueless to good prices, and also it suprised me that carded TF's of this age had such little interest and no bidders (except myself, ofcourse). So did I shaft myself? Did I bid on KO's or something? Or is this not a cheap price for these figures? Any help appreciated, as I need to justify the biddings to the wife after work =oP

Sky Shadow
23rd November 2009, 09:47 AM
Hey guys =o)

I just wanted to check with you guys if I did alright in these two auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290370581409
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290370582495

You did surprisingly well - these two toys are notoriously knocked off, and yet the ones in the pictures are both genuine. The prices and postage are great too. Very well done!

Gutsman Heavy
23rd November 2009, 01:04 PM
beginners luck eh? Impressive wins.

Jaisun
23rd November 2009, 01:44 PM
You did surprisingly well - these two toys are notoriously knocked off, and yet the ones in the pictures are both genuine. The prices and postage are great too. Very well done!

Phew! Thank you so much for the reassurance, I have been slightly panicked about explaining it to my wife if they ended up being KO's, so that's a huge relief =o) I know it's not oodles of cash, but my wife doesn't mind me collecting as long as I don't go overboard, so to say "hey hun, those 2 little guys that cost $60 were fakes, bugger hey..." would likely lead to "NO TF's FOR YOU! COME BACK ONE YEAR!"

Anyways, thanks again for setting my mind at ease =o)

liegeprime
23rd November 2009, 11:57 PM
beginners luck eh? Impressive wins.

Im guessing more of the fact that most buyers now are aware of these 2 figures being horrendously KOed so have stayed clear - to the disadvantage of those selling the originals as they end up selling it less or it shelfwarms in the net shelfs :p, but lucky for the buyer, as is in this case. Congrats jaisun.:)

canofwhoopass_87
26th November 2009, 07:10 PM
Hey can anyone ID any of these parts (excluding the 4 protectobot pistols + drillbit).

The piece on the top right looks like grommet of fort max, but comparing it against the other small pistols in the photo it doesn't appear to be the right size or colour.

I've no idea what the other pieces are.

Sorry about the small photo, it's all I've got. Any help would be appreciated :D

swoop
26th November 2009, 07:20 PM
the combiner parts are from a micromaster combiner, Possibly universe devastator but I'm not sure which combiner. The grey thing is from armarda optimus prime it goes on the bottom of his gun. The silver drill looks like it belongs to G1 devastator but I cant make it out clearly. The rest I'm not sure

Sky Shadow
26th November 2009, 07:23 PM
Hey can anyone ID any of these parts (excluding the 4 protectobot pistols + drillbit).

The piece on the top right looks like grommet of fort max, but comparing it against the other small pistols in the photo it doesn't appear to be the right size or colour.

Sorry about the small photo, it's all I've got. Any help would be appreciated :D

The top bits are Micromaster gestalt kibble - it's hard to tell from the size, but it looks like Sixtrain or Sixbuilder.

Prime_217
26th November 2009, 08:12 PM
is it normal to feel like you're breaking your ultimate bumblebee when you have to tab in/untab the parts that transform to just behind his doors in car mode?

Sky Shadow
26th November 2009, 08:21 PM
is it normal to feel like you're breaking your ultimate bumblebee when you have to tab in/untab the parts that transform to just behind his doors in car mode?

Yes, it's completely normal to feel like breaking Ultimate Bumblebee.

Wait, what was the question? ;)

Wheel-J
26th November 2009, 08:57 PM

Yeah, your doing fine. He's not called ultimate for nothing! :D

TheHandsomeCrab
27th November 2009, 09:39 AM

Did you get the seller to end this auction early or something?

liegeprime
27th November 2009, 09:46 AM

:D

That is the hip/thigh part of the gestalt piece to make up the micromaster Defensor, me thinks - the head there and foot I think belongs to the trainbots micromaster gestalt. no idea re: missles

Prime_217
1st December 2009, 10:39 AM
does any one know when the next nexus toy fair in perth is gonna be?

roller
1st December 2009, 11:20 AM
January you charmer you

bruticus
1st December 2009, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know if and when the marvel crossover captain america will be in Australian stores?

Golden Phoenix
1st December 2009, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know if and when the marvel crossover captain america will be in Australian stores?

No idea. It took them ages to get the 2nd wave out here, anyone's guess for the 3rd